Chism Technical Foul

Immediately after the tech JP came up behind him and said "F*** 'em..." and the whole time they were slapping hands right after that he kept repeating it. Later the ref was talking to Bruce and walked away as JP came up, Bruce said "He said you said F***..." and JP was like "No, no, I didn't say that", according to my sources...

Stupidity, after a great play.

Kinda like making a 10 point run, then giving up a 10 point run.

To tell the truth, it got me excited when he ripped the headband off and started yelling. If I was a Vandy fan and saw that live in person, I would've thought "welp, we're losing tonight"!!

Did it make you rub yourself where mother told you were dirty?
Ahem sorry muti tasking and cant get my snit straight.

it's sad when u are playing an emotional game and if u show any kind of emotion you get a personal foul or you get a Tech.

When JP pushed him, he started moving and his eyes then made contact with the ref's ... while he was still screaming...that is when the ref followed him with his eyes and T'd him up...I almost wonder if JP's push and the resulting eye contact with the ref while screaming led to the T.

do we have the zapruder film?

The official under the basket is the one that T'd Wayne up.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

If that's the case then two refs T'd him up. He may have been under the basket but the guy that T'd him up walked up behind him. Wayne was closer to the baseline than the basket because he was walking around after the foul.

If that's the case then two refs T'd him up. He may have been under the basket but the guy that T'd him up walked up behind him. Wayne was closer to the baseline than the basket because he was walking around after the foul.

Doug Sirmons was the one I saw T him up, and to my knowledge was the only one. He was on the baseline, right where Wayne was.

Doug Sirmons was the one I saw T him up, and to my knowledge was the only one. He was on the baseline, right where Wayne was.

Yeah - but still behind him. Wayne had drifted from under the basket to the baseline facing almost the corner of the court but not quite that far. There was no one in between him and the bench or the rest of the crowd. He still didn't see his eyes or where he was looking either - he was close to the baseline but no possible way of seeing Wayne's face after he started walking off when JP grabbed Wayne.

Yeah - but still behind him. Wayne had drifted from under the basket to the baseline facing almost the corner of the court but not quite that far. There was no one in between him and the bench or the rest of the crowd. He still didn't see his eyes or where he was looking either - he was close to the baseline but no possible way of seeing Wayne's face after he started walking off when JP grabbed Wayne.

In the slow-motion replay shown during the game (and on DVR afterward) it looked to me that their eyes met as JP pushed Chism. Then it was a matter of processing and response time. He watched Wayne for another second as Wayne's back turned to him and then he blew the whistle...or so it seemed to me.

At this time I would like to take just a second to thank everyone for their deep insight into this matter...

Chism does this every game.... maybe without the head band coming off... and certainly not with the bench right there but none the less he does that every game

You should be able to celebrate the play without the ref calling it taunting and calling a technical. Since my loyalty is to Memphis and both Vandy and the Vols are Tennessee teams, I was watching as a neutral observer just to see a good game. I thought the call was totally unjustified.

On the other hand, Vandy's center did get mugged a few times and there was no call, so I guess it all evens out eventually. The Vols play a man's game.

You should be able to celebrate the play without the ref calling it taunting and calling a technical. Since my loyalty is to Memphis and both Vandy and the Vols are Tennessee teams, I was watching as a neutral observer just to see a good game. I thought the call was totally unjustified.

On the other hand, Vandy's center did get mugged a few times and there was no call, so I guess it all evens out eventually. The Vols play a man's game.
You're alright for a Tiger fan. You and Den are ok in my book. Welcome aboard the crazy train......
YouTube - Randy Rhoads - Crazy Train Video (From Tribute Album)

VN Store

Back