Chip. Kelly. Now.

Isn’t Kelly’s win percentage over a brief stent greater than 85% two years of which he had essentially an empty cupboard? I’ll take kelly sorry!
Urban inherited a stocked team at UF. Uneven playing field by comparison.

His cupboard wasn't empty. Belotti's last 2 years he was 9-4 and 10-3 they definitely had a lot of good players.

Guys Gruden was never a real option.

Chip Kelly is Cali dreamin’.

Gary Patterson, Tee Martin, someone like that.

He's actually very much an option. Patterson isn't gonna leave TCU and Tee isn't near ready to be a HC. Hell is offense at USC is sporadic with a Heisman contending QB. Tee will be ready one day but definitely not right now at a big time school.

Not correct. Take cum first 5 years coaching and compare to Kelly’s first 5. That is a fair comparison. Given more time I have no doubt kelly would be in the same or better position. Again either way I’d take a top 3 coach. And cum ain’t leaving osu so kelly IS the best available!

Not sure that's a fair comparison. Kelly's Oregon team was coming off back to back 9 and 10 win seasons with lots of talent at his disposal. Urban took over a horrible B.Green team and had one of the best turnaround years in college football history. It's not even a comparison with Urban and Chip. Chip hasn't had to rebuild from the ground up like Urban has and did.

But the NCAA followed up basically exonerating him saying although he would get a show cause, he in truth evidently had nothing to do with it and knew nothing about it. He was simply the captain of the ship.
I’d take kelly in a second! And we would instantly be a better football team

I'm sure Nike wrote a nice check to clear that one off the books..you don't get a show cause then come back and say lips our bad.

Jim Bob Cooter...Tennessee quarterback and a hot coach in the NFL

Just not sure why he would leave the NFL he's gonna be an NFL HC sooner than later and we have no idea if he can recruit. Not to mention the DUI's and being arrested for climbing through a woman's window apartment and getting into bed with her. Tell me that would be used in negative recruiting.

Don't be morons. Chip Kelly is perfect. Proven winner. Built Oregon and runs the same scheme as butch jones. He's the perfect replacement. We've got a cupboard full of pretty good talent right now.

Paint the rock! "Chip Kelly for UT coach or we RIOT!"

He is the #1 lesbian flag football coach in America, no ifs and lots of butts though.
Your obsession with bashing Chip Kelly is creepy. Mind your own damn business with the moron which you corndoggers selected. You don't want Kelly here because you know what's going to happen when Saban retires if Kelly is indeed hired in Knoxville. Now go away. Yaw yaw, weza gon whipper yerza zzues, geaux Volz.

He would be my #2 with Gruden @ #1. If the Gators get Kelly, we better not be looking at another google coach or we're screwed!
Ho boy. I was 50/50 on Gruden/Kelly until your post brought to light the possibility that Kelly maybe would coach the gators. Living smack dab in the middle of a virtual ocean of the nations speediest athletes...with his high octane fast offensive schemes...well, I quickly began envisioning fun-n-gun on steroids. Aaaaaaaaaaaaah! Let's get Kelly on board ASAP! Face it, doubters. Chip's Oregon team had pizzazz! It wasn't just the unis. The man sent some really talented fellas to the NFL. Why did they go to the great northwest to display their wares? Pizzazz, baby. In those 4 short years his teams ranked on top of or at least in the top 5 of the polls. Who's doubting he won't fill the stands and make orange even cooler than he made lime green...and win lots of games? Grab him before he moves down to Gainesville!

Reactions: 1 person
If Kelly goes to somewhere like Fla or LSU better watch out and better get him while you can. Kelly with his offense and a top notch Sec defense would be nasty period

Kelly is the best available piece on the board and will win anywhere he goes.
Hire him or wish we had. Those are the two options

I think they have wealthier boosters overall. I don't know if their boosters are football crazy like ours.

UCLA has some distinct disadvantages versus other schools. I honestly think Kelly can win the east quicker here with this roster than he could do anything with UCLA. JMO though.

He'll land somewhere and whoop ass and make us regret it if we don't get him.

Reactions: 3 people
Chip Kelly is far from perfect. He is known to rub a lot of people the wrong way. He had a show cause leaving Oregon due to his part in mismanaging the program.

He's a winner at one college program. His previous experience was below the P5 level. He was fired twice in the NFL and has not been hired since. After only 2 years, NFL DC's had solved the riddle of Kelly's O... as have most college DC's now.

He didn't build Oregon. Bellotti did. He took over a program that had been lifted out of the dumpster and had averaged 9 wins per season in the previous 4 years.... which were BEFORE USCw fell.

Running the same system as Jones... even if that were true... is not a good thing. But it isn't true. Just because two teams run out of the shot gun and have the read option in their playbook... doesn't mean they run the same system.

He's a possibility but far from a slam dunk replacement.

We don't know exactly what UT has for talent... because Jones is just that bad of a coach.

That's the second time this week I have completely agreed with you. I'm worried about myself :ermm:.

Interestingly Vegas NCAA futures has Chip Kelly as +325 making him their best odds of being out next coach.

I hope they are correct!

VN Store

Back