China Thread

Considering the F-35 costs, maintenance cost, and abominable readiness, providing the enemy the "plans" for that money pit just might be the greatest Trojan Horse in history.
My company used to be very concerned with keeping company technology secret. One of my coworkers used to comment regularly when we were reminded that our technology was super duper top secret, that we should give our competitors our technology so they could be 10 years behind like we are.

A hypersonic missile is only good if it actually hits something. Think Joe Milton at times like this. We've developed plenty of missiles over the years ... a lot of them couldn't hit squat - assuming they even functioned properly. Of course, it's too bad we can't keep any of our experience hidden from the Chinese, so they don't have something to build on. We may or may not be losing the weapons war, but we certainly are losing the security war, and worse we are funding the Chinese military with every thing we buy from them. Still I wouldn't run up the white flag this soon.

Those block heads have stolen our intellectual property covertly and openly. They might not be good at first to market but they know how to steal and copy.

Doesn’t taiwan manufacture over 60% of semiconductor chips? If China invades taiwan I don’t see how the US doesn’t get directly involved militarily.

The best thing the rest of the world could do is reform SEATO with a little different scope and a broader alliance. That would include not only the regional powers from S Korea and Japan down to New Zealand but the US, Britain, Germany and a few others. I'm pretty sure I've read some recent stories about Japanese military involvement in exercises with other nations and some Japanese/German Navy exercises. China needs to understand that they would be taking on the world - with the Indian military waiting at the back door. In all this there is a presumption that somewhere in the US someone realizes the danger in not presenting a united front against China, that we've got to quit relying on China for manufactured goods, that we've got to quit supplying China the resources like fuel, and that we can find the resolve to quit pandering to the woke fools long enough to have a military. And, yes, an embargo especially on fuel is risky business as proven in WW2.

Doesn’t taiwan manufacture over 60% of semiconductor chips? If China invades taiwan I don’t see how the US doesn’t get directly involved militarily.

Last I saw it was around 80%. I have always thought it would take a coalition of the U.S., India, Japan, South Korea, and Australia to take China head on.

Make no mistake, without the U.S. China wouldn't be anywhere near as advanced in technology as they are. They have no original thoughts. It's ingrained into them to be robots. Without the U.S. to copy and steal from they would never advance significantly.

China may have a lot of soldiers, but it's military still pales in comparison the U.S. The U.S. has more and better fighters/multi role aircraft, and 3 times as many gunships. The U.S. has a significant advantage in the battle ship department and especially when in comes to aircraft carriers. Their navy and airforce would be defeated by the U.S. No way in hell I would give the Chinese robots an edge in pilot capability or ground troops as well.....aaaaand of course we have more nukes.

Make no mistake, without the U.S. China wouldn't be anywhere near as advanced in technology as they are. They have no original thoughts. It's ingrained into them to be robots. Without the U.S. to copy and steal from they would never advance significantly.

China may have a lot of soldiers, but it's military still pales in comparison the U.S. The U.S. has more and better fighters/multi role aircraft, and 3 times as many gunships. The U.S. has a significant advantage in the battle ship department and especially when in comes to aircraft carriers. Their navy and airforce would be defeated by the U.S. No way in hell I would give the Chinese robots an edge in pilot capability or ground troops as well.....aaaaand of course we have more nukes.

Don’t forget our submarines.

Our nuclear armed subs are the tip of the spear. Quick strike capability that is so far unmatched...last i read, each...each sub carries 30+ nuclear warhead Trident cruise missiles...meaning just 1 sub could destroy every major city in China....or the Capitol of every country of significance in both Eastern and Western Europe.

We keep roughly a dozen subs armed to the teeth beneath the waves surrounding China, Russia, and the sandbox.

They are the true nuclear deterrent these days. ICBMs filling all those silos across middle America are great. Subs can hit the same targets in 15 to 20min that the ICBMs will take an hour to hit...as will the ICBMs of our enemies.

Those subs are the reason we sleep in peace at night. God bless those sailors and Navy...and all of our servicemen and women.

China knows we have idiots in charge now. It's like having a significant coaching advantage on the sidelines that offsets the talent on the field.

Superior technology is only as good as the willingness to use it and to use it wisely. The concern to me is readiness and the time it takes between flights to keep planes like the F-35 in the air. If you can't rely on a significant overwhelming force then, it's like playing GA with too few top notch players on your team. Perhaps we should have a strategy that has a critical mass relying on more readily available weapons and less technology driven. All the stealth technology in the world is of no use if rules of engagement limit the optimal use and when stealth becomes detectable. Nukes are the game changer that we won't use and the Chinese might, so they are just expensive toys sitting on the shelf in our world of eunuch politicians.

Honestly, in the end it will never happen large scale because it would wreck both the U.S. and Chinese economies. The Chinese fear this more than we do because they fear true revolution in a cataclysmic event.

China knows we have idiots in charge now. It's like having a significant coaching advantage on the sidelines that offsets the talent on the field.

I just responded to someone else about this. The most likely scenario is that China never challenges us on the field, doing so would destroy their cash cow and cause strife with in their own country, and they are on the edge anyways.

Reactions: BreatheUT and AM64

Makes sense. Most containers coming to the US from China are being returned empty. A nation's wealth is based on what it produces and sells. Most of us figured out years ago that if you don't work or have other means of income and you pay to buy the things you need, you run out of money. Apparently globalists whether in government, industry, or economics can't figure out that one simple lesson.

Makes sense. Most containers coming to the US from China are being returned empty. A nation's wealth is based on what it produces and sells. Most of us figured out years ago that if you don't work or have other means of income and you pay to buy the things you need, you run out of money. Apparently globalists whether in government, industry, or economics can't figure out that one simple lesson.
A lot of what people consume doesn't arrive via container ship.

VN Store

Back