Chiefs Release Eric Berry

Now, about those lotto numbers for tonight...........

Actually, lotto has been, uh, ahem...sparsely good to me. Each month I get back between about 40.00 - 100.00 on two sets of multi-draw ticket slips. I just never have hit the big one. But I'd take an Eric Berry on our coaching staff over those little tickbacks any day.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
lol ???

3× First-team All-Pro (2013, 2015, 2016)

He didn't play in 2017 or 2018 because of the Achilles, not because he "didn't produce".

Not playing is literally the definition of not producing. He was being paid rehab. For two years. On an injury that effects speed and quickness, in a position that relies on it.

Nice try though.

Reactions: Grudenator
lol ???

3× First-team All-Pro (2013, 2015, 2016)

He didn't play in 2017 or 2018 because of the Achilles, not because he "didn't produce".

The original poster was saying Berry isn't currently playing at a level commensurate to his pay, which is hard to dispute because there's no other reason why the Chiefs would cut such a beloved team leader. Nobody's arguing that Berry was a bust after college, his earlier NFL success is indisputable. If you watched the AFC Championship game, however, you'd notice that Gronkowski was beating Berry play after play the entire second half. Gronk is a great player, but a player paid like Berry is expected to win more of those plays than he did.

Gronk2.gif

VN Store

Back