Chick-Fil-A

I've been billed in 1/10 hours. I don't even say "how you doing". Get straight to the point.
Six minutes is generally the lowest allowable increment. When I was starting out, it was not uncommon for lawyers who bill by the hour to make several calls that last a minute and bill each at 6 minutes. There were some high profile disciplinary cases where some prestigious firms had to disgorge fees and endure some shaming over that practice. I don't think it happens as much anymore. Luckily, being on a salary, I don't have to fool with billables. The thing I hated most when I did have to bill for time was that I had a partner over me who would always reduce the bill if a client balked and all the clients knew it. Most of my compensation was performance based depending solely on billable hours. In the end, it was not sustainable for me. I'm sure that partner found someone else to run the same game on when I left.

No. I wish I did. But, when I got out that wasn't much to have around my area without serious relocation. And I was not in a position for that. Textiles has made some come backs in niche markets, and a lot of good jobs available. If, you can move back to VA, NC, SC. Not any of it here in Middle TN.
I worked at DuPont for 6 years. Barely any of it left now.

Six minutes is generally the lowest allowable increment. When I was starting out, it was not uncommon for lawyers who bill by the hour to make several calls that last a minute and bill each at 6 minutes. There were some high profile disciplinary cases where some prestigious firms had to disgorge fees and endure some shaming over that practice. I don't think it happens as much anymore. Luckily, being on a salary, I don't have to fool with billables. The thing I hated most when I did have to bill for time was that I had a partner over me who would always reduce the bill if a client balked and all the clients knew it. Most of my compensation was performance based depending solely on billable hours. In the end, it was not sustainable for me. I'm sure that partner found someone else to run the same game on when I left.

Yep, son in law is an atty. Daughter was for several years. It's all about billable hours. She moved to providing temp attys for clients and then in house. Her company was purchased, and she is back to providing temp attys. A good business for clients and attys that don't want to work 60-80 hours a week.

Please, take your sidebar about billable hours and who should be doing what kind of work elsewhere. Let this thread be about Chick-fil-A.

Reactions: LouderVol
What if you're waling in public with your face and attention buried in your mobile and you step in front of a speeding bus?

For one, I don't think missing out on Chick-fil-A is worth getting run over because you're inattentive to your surroundings in a public space.

"For one, I don't think missing out on Chick-fil-A is worth getting run over because you're inattentive to your surroundings in a public space."

If the drive thru line at Starbucks that wraps around the building, out the parking lot, and 4 or 5 cars deep into the 4-lane is worth endangering traffic for a cup of coffee, then CFA is most definitely worth getting hit by a bus.

"For one, I don't think missing out on Chick-fil-A is worth getting run over because you're inattentive to your surroundings in a public space."

If the drive thru line at Starbucks that wraps around the building, out the parking lot, and 4 or 5 cars deep into the 4-lane is worth endangering traffic for a cup of coffee, then CFA is most definitely worth getting hit by a bus.

You're an odd duck... No wait... That's @VolunteerHillbilly.

Reactions: GVF
Please, take your sidebar about billable hours and who should be doing what kind of work elsewhere. Let this thread be about Chick-fil-A.

Ok, how old is the grease CFA uses? I'd guess they recycle for about three weeks.

I've eaten there 3 times when the person I was traveling with would eat nowhere else. The fried products really suck. The things I had the other two times were ok.

Their following is a cult.

Someone should hire a TV lawyer and sue them. Even if billed by the hour.

Ok, how old is the grease CFA uses? I'd guess they recycle for about three weeks.

I've eaten there 3 times when the person I was traveling with would eat nowhere else. The fried products really suck. The things I had the other two times were ok.

Their following is a cult.

Someone should hire a TV lawyer and sue them. Even if billed by the hour.
The avg CFA does about 4.1 mil a year in sales. Zaxbys and KFC dint even break 2 mil. That's not because it's a cult following. Its just damn good.

Reactions: Obsessed
Chik-fil-a’s spicy chicken sandwiches are very tasty.
I never had it, but I remember them promoting the crap out of that thing at the VT/UT bowl game since they were going to be releasing it shortly. Okay, where is my free coupon to try it when it is released?

I never had it, but I remember them promoting the crap out of that thing at the VT/UT bowl game since they were going to be releasing it shortly. Okay, where is my free coupon to try it when it is released?
That was 10 years ago. And you're still mad? lol What I remember from that game is the that the foam VT looked like TV when it was floating up. haha

That was 10 years ago. And you're still mad? lol What I remember from that game is the that the foam VT looked like TV when it was floating up. haha
No, not mad, I would have not used it anyways since cutting out fast food, haha! I thought they needed just make some sort of offer for promoting it so much and it not even being available yet.

Reactions: vollygirl
No, not mad, I would have not used it anyways since cutting out fast food, haha! I thought they needed just make some sort of offer for promoting it so much and it not even being available yet.
Other things I remember about Chick-Fil-A games (some might have been at the kick-off in 2012) is transferring Traveling Smokey from @T-TownVol to @jhen713 , and @vader yelling "Volly" across the parking lot.

Reactions: crazyguy
I had traveling Smokey at some point. Can’t remember who I had to send it to. That’s been 8 years or more I think.

VN Store

Back