Chicago War Zone

Body count isn’t high enough to care. Guns have replaced fists and bats in fighting now. Why risk getting your ass kicked in a fight when you can just roll up on someone’s corner and shoot them in the leg? That’s why so many of these are nonfatal. It’s just payback for something or keeping another gang in check. The war on drugs is working as intended.

Body count isn’t high enough to care. Guns have replaced fists and bats in fighting now. Why risk getting your ass kicked in a fight when you can just roll up on someone’s corner and shoot them in the leg? That’s why so many of these are nonfatal. It’s just payback for something or keeping another gang in check. The war on drugs is working as intended.
I don’t think it has anything to do with body count. I think it’s more the failed gun control agenda not having one iota of impact on lowering gun violence thus they don’t want to talk about it.

The only answer they have to that is “yeah but people can get guns elsewhere and bring them into Chicago so we need take those access to guns too!” . So we have a label for those people doing that. We call them “criminals” as they are breaking the law. And whatever law is additionally passed they will break also.

There are 400M+ genies out of the bottle. They are not going to go back into the bottle.

I’m sure I’ll get some crap for this, but unless I’m missing something this is mostly black on black violence. In some of the poorest neighborhoods in one of our biggest cities. A city that has been under nearly complete Democrat control for close to a century. If Democrats claim that violence and poverty among minorities is due to lack of education and opportunity due to systemic racism, then how could it possibly be happening at such alarming rates in a city controlled by Democrats for nearly a century? Who then is the perpetrator of this systemic racism??

To be clear, I do believe that there are systemic issues that contribute to these problems. But the problems are propagated by politicians in general and not a particular party like Democrats would like us to believe.

We were delightfully surprised with our trip to Chicago. Felt completely safe around the touristy areas. Bums weren't overly aggressive. Streets were clean. And everyone, seriously everyone was so nice. I like Chicago so much better than NYC. We're planning another trip Chi town.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
We were delightfully surprised with our trip to Chicago. Felt completely safe around the touristy areas. Bums weren't overly aggressive. Streets were clean. And everyone, seriously everyone was so nice. I like Chicago so much better than NYC. We're planning another trip Chi town.
Chicago over NYC all day everday

Reactions: McDad
I don’t think it has anything to do with body count. I think it’s more the failed gun control agenda not having one iota of impact on lowering gun violence thus they don’t want to talk about it.

The only answer they have to that is “yeah but people can get guns elsewhere and bring them into Chicago so we need take those access to guns too!” . So we have a label for those people doing that. We call them “criminals” as they are breaking the law. And whatever law is additionally passed they will break also.

There are 400M+ genies out of the bottle. They are not going to go back into the bottle.

New York has some pretty strict gun laws. How do their gun deaths rate against the nation?

need background checks and gun free zones. That will do it
Problem is, it's to easy for Billy Bob to fill his trunk with 100 guns "legally" purchased in Missouri, drive to Chicago, and make himself and the gun manufacturers a nice little profit.
It's not the laws in Chicago that are failing, it's the laws in other places.

Problem is, it's to easy for Billy Bob to fill his trunk with 100 guns "legally" purchased in Missouri, drive to Chicago, and make himself and the gun manufacturers a nice little profit.
And there you go...

LOL....It's the lack of gun control in other areas that fosters the problems in Chicago.

The bolded is such a stupid argument.

Sounds like you are saying all guns should be banned.

And are you also saying good ol boy rednecks are responsible for the shootings in Chicago?

Reactions: davethevol
Sounds like you are saying all guns should be banned.

And are you also saying good ol boy rednecks are responsible for the shootings in Chicago?
Of course I'm not saying guns should be banned. Never have, never will.
People who take advantage of the abysmal gun laws currently in place to profit from selling "legally" purchased guns on the black market are partially responsible for the shootings in Chicago. I'm guessing some of those people are good ol boy rednecks.

Of course I'm not saying guns should be banned. Never have, never will.
People who take advantage of the abysmal gun laws currently in place to profit from selling "legally" purchased guns on the black market are partially responsible for the shootings in Chicago. I'm guessing some of those people are good ol boy rednecks.
If that is the case, then the solution for this stop would be what, iyo?

If that is the case, then the solution for this stop would be what, iyo?
I've stated multiple times I think things such as a national register, a per year limit on purchases, and a per lifetime limit on purchases would all lessen the problem.

VN Store

Back