Checker Neyland for our FUTURE! (Georgia game)

Our tickets are in the white section and we did it once. If they rotated the sections so we weren't always white, we might be down with it. Like Jacket, I wear orange to the game and I am not changing my seats I have had for ages because of this random event.
They have changed the color chart before. The first two times it was done is opposite of the last two.

It would speak volumes of our fan base if we could Checker Neyland without the admin getting involved. That would be a huge statement. If they happen to get involved that’s great too, they should, but if they don’t and we still pull it off, now that would be epic!!!! LET’S CHECKER NEYLAND!!!!!,!

Right now our administration is wondering why they done hired a coach that can’t beat Georgia State and if the big money donors are pissed 😤 off enuf to pay 💰 another huge buyout or to done stay with Cornbread Conehead for another year or two. Good times.

Question, reality check, Do you actually think (1/2 Neyland)- 50,000 UGA fans are planning to come to Knoxville in order to checker Neyland. If you do, I hope you haven't already had any kids and passed along your thinking skills- we have enough people on food stamps, or in a leadership position, where believing in fantasy could get people hurt.

You want a reality check, here goes:
1. I never said 50000 UGA fans were going to show up.
2. I'm a season ticket holder so I know even 5000 fans from the opposing school can get loud.
3. I have a Masters in Mathematics so I'd put my thinking skills up against yours any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
4. I am a leader and mentor of others. I dont teach them to be p*$$ie$ like you, bank on that.
5. Lets just say your food stamp comment is comical.
6. You are a miserable person and probably aren't liked by many.

Did you like that reality? It's as real as it gets.

Reactions: m1al
Reality Check
For one with a Masters in Mathematics, your math skills may be okay, but your perception of what it would take for UGA fans to checker Neyland, are way off, way off. 5000 fans may be loud, but we are discussing Checkering the stadium here, 5000 just aren't enough to do that, okay?
You sound like a leader, yes sir, a born leader-and I'm sure there are those clawing at your heals to be mentored by you. You must be loved by many, and do what ever it takes to feel that way about yourself, good for you!
Just to be clear, math major, in order for UGA to Checker Neyland, let's say half of Neyland, they'll need about 50,000 fans, even a quarter of Neyland, about 25,000 fans. Those that believe this was/is going to happen have spent far to much time with their crack pipe.
Lastly, 5000 fans of an opposing team don't make up even 5% of Neyland, don't be scared, it'll be okay, our 100,000 can easily cheer louder than they do, anytime, every time. Drawing more national attention to the crap shape of TN Football is counter productive, and will not make good recruits want to come to this program.

OP, I admire your enthusiasm.
However, there may be 40,000 people dressed in red and black at that game.
While I doubt this very much, I hope most of the UT fans do not dress in Red and Black, because we all know 40,000 UGA fans aren't making the trip.

Checkering it never helped in the past so why keep doing it?...Besides there will be about 40-50k UGA fans there this time so that would be useless to try.
I'm finding it hard to believe that there are a. that many UGA fans coming to Knoxville b. that many tickets available (this one isn't quite as hard to believe, but...)

This is a terrible idea. Having half the stadium kinda sorta look like the TN fans were trying to do the checkerboard thing will look terrible, especially when UGA does it better in the other half of the stadium. Never half-ass something because it just makes you look incompetent. If you cant full-ass it, DON'T DO IT! If it is possible for the rest of the nation to laugh even harder at us, they will.
I agree with you 100%, if you can't do it right, don't do it. But I find it hard to believe 50,000 UGA fans are coming to Knoxville, and will have time to coordinate their Checkering.

Even better reason we have to checker Neyland!!

If Kirby is telling recruits that we have to make this backfire on him! He is telling them that because he thinks we have given up as fans! He thinks the team has given up & he wants recruits to see a empty stadium and our players give up and quit for his benefit!

Why we have to checker Neyland show the recruits he wants to watch WHO WE REALLY ARE. And let these kids on the field feed off our energy & let them know we have their back so FIGHT!
"Even better reason...." What? I believe recruits are interested in being on a winning team, if a great recruit was "on the fence" between GA and TN, Kirby is smart to encourage them to go to the game. Anyone that thinks a great recruit is going to say, "Wow, UT fans checkered the stadium, I don't care that they lost-big time, that's where I want to play ball", need a reality check.

Last edited:
There are hundreds of reasons why checkering Neyland is a great, supportive idea for this school, the players, coaches, fans, and recruits.

And there is only one issue others are raising on why not to do it...”we will get beat so why do it”

That should tell you all you need to know! We are Volunteers, we don’t run away from something or someone because we fear we might look bad.

We move towards the fight because for us there is no other option but fight for what we believe in!

GBO!

We should absolutely checker Neyland. They were really talking like they were gonna come up in our house and checker it black and red .. the ones selling yalls seats to them are some traitors in my opinion but I understand that pimpin is pimpin so if that's what you choose to do with yalls seats, at least bust their dome open on the prices

Reactions: vols1707
8103D0BB-C0AF-4BBD-BD2A-555DF7518B90.jpeg

Guys SEC Network will be there all day!

Time to show what we are made of as volunteers! And how we will not lay down on these kids!

We expect the best out of them, most of them are young, so we are going to show OUR BEST to them!

Share the seat color assignments! Pass the word along, to all!

Looking forward to it, and these kids & recruits will LOVE IT.

Let’s party & get LOUD!

For all the folks who are so openly passionate about the Vol fans who've chosen to sell their tickets on the open market, I would encourage you to spend your money to buy them up. Talk is cheap after all.

Regarding the desire to Checker Neyland orange and white, it's not going to happen. They're isn't enough positive buzz around the program to generate the media coverage required to pull it off---maybe another season and hopefully sometime soon.

Even though this year's team is as bad as they are, there will still be about 65k to 75k Vol fans in the stands (night game at Neyland). And yes, there will also be a lot of red and black. Many Vol fans simply aren't going to spend the additional money to travel to Knoxville for such a disappointing experience. Instead, they're going to cut their losses and try to recoup costs, which they have the autonomous right to do.

Reactions: I40flyer
They are coming to this game to pick over our carcass. Why not come to a competitive game like MSU or USC.?

They are coming to this game to pick over our carcass. Why not come to a competitive game like MSU or USC.?

I’m ok with this mindset if......

YOU NEVER COMPLAIN ABOUT THE KIDS EFFORT OR THE PRODUCT ON THE FIELD EVER!!!

If you want Tennessee to win, and expect the coaches and players to do better.... but you only want to SUPPORT THEM WHEN YOU THINK THEY HAVE BETTER ODDS IS 100% the reason for OUR CULTURE problems!!

If you or anybody else thinks that way just look in the mirror and know you have a loser mentality.

Reactions: rnouredd
Still just not understanding why this is such a horrid idea.
Yes. We will lose, but why not go apesh!t for our guys and give them some energy to feed off of

“in a game we can’t win”. Seriously? How negative can someone be this early in the season. This is pitiful. Why would you expect anyone to show up when you characterize it as a game we can’t win. The sorry thing is that you probably think you’re a great fan.
I think he was keeping it real-being a fan doesn't mean you have lost your ability to reason.

would a South Carolina fan who thought they could beat Georgia, be an example of someone who lost their ability to reason.
No, but a vol fan that thought we were going to beat UGA, and that same fan that thinks we are going to stomp BAMA-do not demonstrate the ability to reason well.

VN Store

Back