Cheap (and/or Convenient) Meal Ideas

One of my favorite fast and cheap snacks or sandwiches is toast, ham salad, bologna, cheese and Doritos crushed.

Taco rice and cheese: Brown hamburger, drain. Add taco seasoning and about 2x the amount of water that it calls for (you want the extra juice). Heat and serve over white rice, add a healthy shot of shredded cheese (I do extra sharp cheddar) and a heavier shot of hot sauce. If you're rich, you can add lettuce; or use a can of Rotel (undrained) in place of some of the water to add peppers and tomatoes. Super tasty, super quick.

two that may be unpopular

super cheap - ketchup sandwich. still a go to snack for me.

tuna fish and peanut butter sandwich - protein bomb. hate mayo so PB holds the tuna together.

flame away

blink-wtf.gif

Reactions: TC 83

tuna fish and peanut butter sandwich - protein bomb. hate mayo so PB holds the tuna together.

flame away

You got me laughing pretty hard here at my desk. My HS friends and I have a 25-year running joke making fun of one of our guys for eating mayo sandwiches. WTF with the PB and tuna. That **** is blowing my mind.

You got me laughing pretty hard here at my desk. My HS friends and I have a 25-year running joke making fun of one of our guys for eating mayo sandwiches. WTF with the PB and tuna. That **** is blowing my mind.
Hey mayo sandwich some good tomato with salt and pepper....that's a delicacy. I've never heard of a ketchup sandwich. Nasty.

flame away
No way you're serious. 🤢

Reactions: 508mikey
Not fast but cheap and so good for you...I make a pot of beans every 5 days or so. Usually black or pinto with onions and bacon grease. Once it's made and in your fridge, it's fast. Throw it in eggs, on a quesadilla, on rice, or eat it by itself.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
Inspired by the Chef-Boy-Ardee conversation int he politics forum, I'm wondering what good food tips people have. I have a few ways of dressing up dumpy food to legitimize it. A few examples:

Throw frozen vegetable mix and an egg in boiling water with your ramen mix and drain the broth before adding flavor packet. Pretty good noodles and you've made empty calories into something much more nutritious. I add cholula or sriracha.

Any kind of canned chili will be good if you add shredded cheese and fritos.

Grilling your PBJ's takes them to the next level.

Have you seen the price of Fritos lately?
Un-Real

Reactions: youre no daisy
if you like peanut butter and you like tuna you will like them together.

I've converted several people.

VN Store

Back