Chaney

They have a better coaching staff and QB.

I will say that Kiffin is a better play caller, but its too early to say overall better staff. QB I can't argue, but will say that even if less effective than Ole MIss, at least give it a try. From where I sat it bought us a few nice gains.

Except they didn’t do it only to concede on 3rd down.

Not even sure what that means. I was unhappy with one third down call on 3rd and 7 when we tried to run it, late 3rd quarter. Other than that, your comment doesnt make any sense.

I just want to see JG complete a 5 yard slant on 3 and 3-5....The db’s knew that’s what we were doing every single time

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Not even sure what that means. I was unhappy with one third down call on 3rd and 7 when we tried to run it, late 3rd quarter. Other than that, your comment doesnt make any sense.

It was multiple 3rd downs. It was playcalling on both sides of the ball. The staff was content on losing this game “respectably” and failed at even that. There was little attempt to try and win the game.

WTH were we attempting to do with a hurry up offense starting the game? I keep trying to find a reason to think Pruitt can get it done here but when I saw us come out today with our hurry up offense I lost all hope. It’s like Pruitt wanted Bama‘s offense to get as many possessions as possible and our defense never stopped them.

Agreed. We’re just not a well coached program in any facet. Also, he was incredibly stubborn with the Ron. Typically you see one or the other. 18 that tries to control the ball and Speed up the clock with the run game. Or, a team that does the hurry up and throws the ball all over the yard. You virtually never see it with a very incompetent quarterback the team is unwilling to have thrown the ball very much. Also, the field goal on our first floor in possession was really bizarre. Belmont iSpeed up the clock with the run game. Or, a team that does the hurry up and throws the ball all over the yard. You virtually never see it with a very incompetent quarterback the team is unwilling to have thrown the ball very much. Also, the field goal on our first floor in possession was really bizarre. Bama was always going to get somewhere close to 50 points on us. They’ve done that on all their opponents and uga defense is a lot better than ours

Reactions: VOLED
It was multiple 3rd downs. It was playcalling on both sides of the ball. The staff was content on losing this game “respectably” and failed at even that. There was little attempt to try and win the game.

Okay. I won't completely disagree, but we did throw it deep with some success in the second half. Just glad the ref foul up didn't cost us a TD

People, we're not very good. It aint Pruitt --he's got to work with what he has. We celebrate getting guys like Q Crouch and Henry T, but these are guys we celebrate and teams like AL or GA get every day and better. Guarantano sure didn't lose this game. His play was pretty solid. We just don't have the hosses to compete with the deep south boys. We and Kentucky must move to the Big10. There, we can compete with Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan State, etc. We can't recruit those deep south players versus Alabubba, Gawgia, Florida, LSU. Maybe just a little blue font here--maybe not.
giphy.gif

I was always taught that if a team was superior to you in talent then you need to slow the game down. Maybe you can get away with it if the team is only somewhat better, but when the team is vastly superior all you are doing is playing to their strength. Kiffin completely let the air out against Bama when he coached here and it would have worked had we been able to kick a FG.

Reactions: SpookyAction
WTH were we attempting to do with a hurry up offense starting the game? I keep trying to find a reason to think Pruitt can get it done here but when I saw us come out today with our hurry up offense I lost all hope. It’s like Pruitt wanted Bama‘s offense to get as many possessions as possible and our defense never stopped them.
Because everyone knows the hurry up and mobile qbs are a problem for Saban teams

Yep. No expectation to win. Only a faint hope.

Just Cum Laude undergrad and Grad with Honors.
Neither university could meet academic qualifications for the B1G.

And when we go up tempo over the last 3 years we average .116 per play. I want to laugh @ us it’s so bad.

Chaney called a game today that Larry Scott would be proud of. No turnovers at qb and 17 points is apparently about what the offensive staff prepared for. Hats off.
It was a successful day to show how good jg is

Chaney is simply over rated, always has been. He's not, not a top ten, or even top 20, offensive coordinator in college football.

Yea I agree....
When he was here before we had an NFL oline and he could barely run the ball. He only looked good when Kiffin was doing most of the work, or when Bray was throwing bombs....

No creativity.... don’t see enough variety of plays or mixture to keep defenses guessing....

I would say he’s a very average OC at best...
Also the poor play of the Offense is his fault! Coach Friend is doing a lousy job too imo....

Reactions: Kinglberry
Running on 3rd and 5+ against Alabama is not going to win you the game. Our coaches did not play to win. Period.

What gives you that impression?

To me it seems hes either checked out mentally or he’s frustrated with the HC over the QB.

He starts off the game beautifully but as it progresses he calls run, run, run, pass. Now I don’t think Chaney is dumb, or that he can’t call a game. It’s just that if you stuck with a QB why haven’t you put a plan together that he can have success with?
I have yet to see a series that plays to JG strength. Whether or not we want to believe it hes got some ability to play the position. Now, why hasn’t there been a 2 read and go. Simplify it enough to where it’s not vanilla as ice cream but has enough creativity to play to his game. He never to me it seems to adjust to anything that can help Tennessee succeed.

It’s to the point where it’s old and stale and everyone knows if our QB has to think he starts to doubt himself.

VN Store

Back