Chaney

1985Vols

WTH were we attempting to do with a hurry up offense starting the game? I keep trying to find a reason to think Pruitt can get it done here but when I saw us come out today with our hurry up offense I lost all hope. It’s like Pruitt wanted Bama‘s offense to get as many possessions as possible and our defense never stopped them.

I have to believe thay JP weighs in in that. I know he's made comments this year that he's pushing Chaney on things.."throw more" "chunk yardage" etc

WTH were we attempting to do with a hurry up offense starting the game? I keep trying to find a reason to think Pruitt can get it done here but when I saw us come out today with our hurry up offense ain’t lost all hope. It’s like Pruitt wanted Bama‘s offense to get as many possessions as possible and our defense never stopped them.

Because Ole Miss piled up 40 points on them doing that a couple weeks ago. Offense also had some success with it. Does that help?

WTH were we attempting to do with a hurry up offense starting the game? I keep trying to find a reason to think Pruitt can get it done here but when I saw us come out today with our hurry up offense ain’t lost all hope. It’s like Pruitt wanted Bama‘s offense to get as many possessions as possible and our defense never stopped them.
Ole Miss used hurry up and it threw Bama's defense off. The only difference is that Ole Miss can score soo....

Last edited:
Sure does since our offense is pedestrian compared to Ole Miss and we don’t have Koff in calling plays. Made no sense whatsoever

We caught them in a substitution error once and IMO some of our runs were aided by the hurry up. We actually did a pretty good job running the ball today, believe it or not, but that's not going to cut it against their offense. I don't think the hurry up was the issue, it was our atrocious pass D.

We caught them in a substitution error once and IMO some of our runs were aided by the hurry up. We actually did a pretty good job running the ball today, believe it or not, but that's not going to cut it against their offense. I don't think the hurry up was the issue, it was our atrocious pass D.
I’ll agree to disagree. Even a monkey would know Bama has the best offense in the country and our only hope was to stretch the game out and try to keep their offense off the field. TOP was 35 minutes to 25 Minutes so I don’t think it worked.

I’m under the impression that this is his last season and the analyst from ND will take over.

crossed-fingers.png

Reactions: ThreatLevelOrange
Ole Miss used hurry up and it through Bama's defense off. The only difference is that Ole Miss can score soo....

Honestly, why is that? I get the hurry up, and we tried it too, but Ole Miss ran, completed passes and scored a lot. They weren't going to win but many of us would call that game something of a shoot out. So why the difference?

I'm hard pressed to say Ole Miss is offensively, far superior, talent wise. If true then it's down to offensive plays, play calling and QB? So is it Kiffin and his QB vs Chaney and JG? I get the sense Kiffin is in another league offensively, but even he has to have a QB throw the ball. Even I can call an awesome play, but if the QB can't deliver......

Honestly, why is that? I get the hurry up, and we tried it too, but Ole Miss ran, completed passes and scored a lot. They weren't going to win but many of us would call that game something of a shoot out. So why the difference?

I'm hard pressed to say Ole Miss is offensively, far superior, talent wise. If true then it's down to offensive plays, play calling and QB? So is it Kiffin and his QB vs Chaney and JG? I get the sense Kiffin is in another league offensively, but even he has to have a QB throw the ball. Even I can call an awesome play, but if the QB can't deliver......
Ole Miss > coaching and QB than UT

Reactions: nomads-11
WTH were we attempting to do with a hurry up offense starting the game? I keep trying to find a reason to think Pruitt can get it done here but when I saw us come out today with our hurry up offense I lost all hope. It’s like Pruitt wanted Bama‘s offense to get as many possessions as possible and our defense never stopped them.
Ole Miss used it on them

Reactions: volsofsteele

It wasn't a good idea. I get the idea of it since Bama hasn't been that great on defense this year, but I thought it would of been wiser to take as much clock off every time you had the ball to shorten the game for sure e

Reactions: 1985Vols
I’ll agree to disagree. Even a monkey would know Bama has the best offense in the country and our only hope was to stretch the game out and try to keep their offense off the field. TOP was 35 minutes to 25 Minutes so I don’t think it worked.

Well we can agree to disagree, but I give credit for at least trying something different. You don't really think the same ole same ole "stretch the clock" was going to work do you? It didn't work for uga, why would it work for us? But the hurry up damn near did work for Ole Miss, that game was a lot closer than the final score. Ole Miss was within a single score with 5 minutes left and bammer scored an absolutely meaningless garbage TD with less than a minute left on a very long run.

Saban has always hated the hurry up, tried to get it outlawed a few years ago. For a reason, he knows his D is vulnerable to it.

Now, we don't have either Ole MIss' offense or Kiffin calling the plays, but I think the hurry up worked well enough to justify it's use.

Reactions: fullmetalvol
People, we're not very good. It aint Pruitt --he's got to work with what he has. We celebrate getting guys like Q Crouch and Henry T, but these are guys we celebrate and teams like AL or GA get every day and better. Guarantano sure didn't lose this game. His play was pretty solid. We just don't have the hosses to compete with the deep south boys. We and Kentucky must move to the Big10. There, we can compete with Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan State, etc. We can't recruit those deep south players versus Alabubba, Gawgia, Florida, LSU. Maybe just a little blue font here--maybe not.

Reactions: Volatility

VN Store

Back