Chaney recuits...

He seems more of the closer type. Get the kids on campus I’ll show you how I plan to use them on offense and we are good to go. I think that’s Pruitt has interest in Tee because he is such a good recruiter. I could totally see a scenario we’re Tee comes back and learns under Chaney and takes over as oc when he retires.
Tee isn’t going to take a position job for 6-8 years.

Rusty Mansell reporting that Pittman is staying at UGA. Also, he stated that Chaney did not recruit Harrison Bailey hard and his recruitment may open back up.

That would be pretty shocking....Bailey committed when we had no OC and Pruitt assured him the hire would fit what he wanted to do. Bailey definitely fits in Chaney's offense.

I want to know what our current recruits/targets think about Chaney.....like D.Wright? I like the Chaney hire, but do they?

As a UGA fan, figured I'd answer the OP's question about who UGA is still recruiting on offense that's still unsigned;

1. Wright - too good not to give up on, but he's going to you guys (lead recruiter for UGA is Pittman)
2. Plumlee - #7 dual threat QB & UGA commit. Improved a ton in his senior year, and getting a lot more interest from around the country. Miami/Diaz just offered. UGA asked him to blueshirt due to scholarship crunch (Lanning, OLB coach, is lead recruiter)
3. Pickens - #7 WR in the nation. Auburn commit, UGA is working on the flip. Seems grades could be an issue here. (WR coach, Hankton, lead recruiter here)
4. Nester - #5 OG in the nation, OSU commit. Has shown more interest in UGA since Meyer is gone. (Pittman lead recruiter)

Chaney is more of a supplemental recruiter, which probably played a part in Kirby not matching UT's big offer.

Rusty Mansell reporting that Pittman is staying at UGA. Also, he stated that Chaney did not recruit Harrison Bailey hard and his recruitment may open back up.
Of course he didn't recruit him hard. He had Fromm, & Fields , QB at UGA was settled for a while....well WAS settled....

Reactions: NYCVolunteer
He seems more of the closer type. Get the kids on campus I’ll show you how I plan to use them on offense and we are good to go. I think that’s Pruitt has interest in Tee because he is such a good recruiter. I could totally see a scenario we’re Tee comes back and learns under Chaney and takes over as oc when he retires.

I think Tee needs to understand that. If he came to UT, with a decent salary for starters, with success, he could end up the OC, or even jumping to HC. Now, he might do it quicker elsewhere, but would the money be the same and would the notoriety be the same?

You sir are 100% correct. I see 24/7 has fields as one of his recruits. Lol, well that is bs. Coley was the biggest factor for Fields. And Chaney was the reason Fields left. Chaney isn’t a recruiter. Damn y’all have short memories. How did he work out the first time?

Really? By all means offer your proof that 247 is wrong.

He's no recruiter. But props to Pruitt going with a pure Xs and Os guy. Relying on pure recruiters is a losing strategy imo

Reactions: Jack Burton
I hope that's not the record we are going to tout...Fields never made the starting lineup, and Brown is the greatest college flameout of all time.

Dude...everyone knows he doesn't recruit. What coordinator is a main recruiter? They are technicians, not salesmen.

Who was Chaney recruiting at Georgia that might be interested in following him to Tennessee?

Martin's wife won't come to Tennessee. Maybe California, Florida or NY but not TN

He's no recruiter. But props to Pruitt going with a pure Xs and Os guy. Relying on pure recruiters is a losing strategy imo

Agree somewhat. The Head Coach has to be your best recruiter on staff. The position coaches need to be as good or better recruiters than they are coaches. The coordinators need to be great coaches. If they are great recruiters (Smart, Pruitt, etc before becoming HC's), then it is a huge bonus.

Chaney is no slouch at recruiting. He is just not a flashy recruiter, if that makes sense. I took a couple kids up to Junior day right after Dooley was hired. We were at the bball game (beat John Wall and UK that day!!!!) and were sitting next to "Antonio Tiny Richardson" and across the aisle from Chaney. Antonio was on the phone for a long time at one point. Chaney leans over and yells, "IF THAT'S SABAN, TELL HIM TO KISS MY @$$, YOU'RE COMING TO TENNESSEE". I cracked up. I'm thrilled to have him back.

Hopefully we can score some points next year and Chaney can let his offense do the recruiting.

VN Store

Back