Chaney and Retirement

I think UGA fans explicitly said that Chaney could walk and got flamed for trying to make excuses for his exit.
I know several who are complaining new guy runs ball way too much and won't work against elite teams. Bottom line eceryone complains about coaches. 9 times out 10 it's about the talent

The thought was he came up here because he wanted to retire in these beautiful mountains. I didn’t realize the retirement was already happening. Nothing new and innovative and nothing to mask JG’s weaknesses. Totally the same offense he ran at uga, but with less talented players. I think uga folks were happy to let him walk. We didn’t steal him from them.

Lol you may be right but he was good enough to put enough points up and beat bama and Kirbys vaunted defense couldn't deliver. Bottom line he was good enough to get national title game but not better than what we had here for past 6 years. I mean seriously can not make this crap up...smh
The only way to mask jg's weakness is to take him off the field Or ask the SEC if we can play with 14 guys.

Chaney didn't give up a 2nd and 26 td in the NC game. Nor did he call for a fake punt of a tie game at midfield against Bama in the SECCG
No but Sony was gashing them every time in the first half and like that just stopped. 2nd and 26 should have never happened. I've never bought into Chaney and don't know any dawg fans that were sad of his departure. I don't blame him on the loss as the whole team including coaches have failed.

No but Sony was gashing them every time in the first half and like that just stopped. 2nd and 26 should have never happened. I've never bought into Chaney and don't know any dawg fans that were sad of his departure. I don't blame him on the loss as the whole team including coaches have failed.
I know plenty that was not happy that he left and I live in Ga. Just like VN they have certain coaches they blame when they lose. Where I am ,most blamed Smart for both of the Bama games. They think it was Smart who went all conservative. We know Smart called for the dumb fake punt. In Cheneys defense he dont have a QB to work with and Pruitt may be handcuffing Cheney. We dont know

Jim Chaney is not the problem.

He called a great game. JG is just not developing as a QB. That’s not on anyone but JG.

Problem is that Tennessee has 2 freshman behind him that probably aren’t ready to play.

How do you know they aren't ready. Are they worse than the freshman starting QB for BYU that played lights out yesterday. You don't know what a player will do till you play them. I know its only HS ball and my son will never play college He is not the easiest to evaluate in practice, but when he got the chance to start on OL last year (a Soph at 170 pounds mind you), he beat out two upperclassman and started the rest of the season and was a noted lineman in the district. And when he got his chance at LB, he stopped an entire series with solo tackles. So, I say platoon JTS and BM until one of them wins it. Time to move on from JG.

When I’m sitting 500 miles away watching on TV, screaming at the screen, because BYU has adjusted to our run game on the last 2 series of regulation, why can’t a guy making a million dollars see it. He made no adjustments and ran straight into the teeth of the D. On top of leaving a QB that is incompatible of playing the position in the game. Don’t get it! These guys make big money to see these things.

Yet me and the morons calling the game can see it and are talking about it. Smdh
As I agree with most of your post you have to look at it from another perspective. What does he have to work with in terms of QBs. I believe Pruitt has insisted Chaney use JG. That being Asia’s Chaney is chained and limited due to JGs limitations and football IQ.

Isn’t Shrout a RS Fr though? He “should” know the game plan as much as JG with 2 years in the program.

I just want see some moxie and swag at the QB position again.

I don’t know him personally......but his offenses has worked everywhere he has been........it’s probably not him.

Yes I’m aware. I was referring to the freshman quarterbacks have to be better than JGs performance

There’s plenty of blame to go around for the last two weeks. We can speculate all we want, but I will say that we’re paying an awful lot of money to coaches to use college kids and develop them. Other teams start freshmen qbs and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. You don’t know until you try. JG is not getting it done and the coaches need to recognize it and deal with it. Either tell him what they expect and ensure he does it or pull him and put someone in that will give the desired result. I know it is easier said than done but something has to change.

Is it out of the realm of possibility that Saban might have been on to "Sony gashing them?" I like Chaney. You can't argue that our offense was not highly productive with him here. And that he's been highly successful everywhere he has coached even UGA

The thought was he came up here because he wanted to retire in these beautiful mountains. I didn’t realize the retirement was already happening. Nothing new and innovative and nothing to mask JG’s weaknesses. Totally the same offense he ran at uga, but with less talented players. I think uga folks were happy to let him walk. We didn’t steal him from them.
Blaming Chaney for the shortcomings of the QB accomplishes nothing. It's not the play calling, it's the inability of the playmaker.

Reactions: vols40
The obvious problem is ith your theory is the fact we have vastly more talent across the board than the last two teams that both beat us.

Mack Brown is a living argument against every "give him more time" apologist here.

Mack Brown is a living argument against every "give him more time" apologist here.
Pretty sure NC didn't average losing all their games by 26 points last year. But nice try
Gotta love how, every time we lose, it has nothing to do with Pruitt and we just chalk it up to Butch's players being worse than we thought they were before the last loss.

By the time Pruitt gets fired some of y'all will have declared Butch's last 40 players the worst humans to ever step foot on a gridiron.

Reactions: Checker_the_Shire
I honestly do not know one person that thought Chaney took the job to retire. I think the biggest perception was he took it so that Kirby could save face. Someone had to take the fall for the last 2 years of not beating Alabama.
No, heard several times from different sources that he loves East Tennessee and when Tennessee made that huge offer/pay raise, he accepted it with the intent to come back to Knoxville, spend 4-5 years as OC and retire here.

Gotta love how, every time we lose, it has nothing to do with Pruitt and we just chalk it up to Butch's players being worse than we thought they were before the last loss.

By the time Pruitt gets fired some of y'all will have declared Butch's last 40 players the worst humans to ever step foot on a gridiron.

Hey Einstein all I'm saying is compare apples to apples. Mack Brown has years of head coaching experience and I will say that given the same situation last night he probably kicks a couple fg as we should have. No reason to fire the coach. Remember the Florida game we were down like 28-0 and Coah Fulmer went for 2 like 3 times and missed where had he simply taken the PAT each time we would have been in a better situation late in the game. Should we have fired him for that?

Blaming Chaney for the shortcomings of the QB accomplishes nothing. It's not the play calling, it's the inability of the playmaker.

Yes, JG has struggled and shown very little in terms of developing. But the OC’s job is more than playcalling. It’s to develop our offensive players, too. Our qb coach and OC should be held responsible for JG’s inability to see and throw to open receivers downfield. Did Chaney not see JG’s limitations before the last two games? We didn’t only hire a play caller, we hired a coach who is supposed to teach our players to be better and do better. If they can’t teach JG, can they not teach one of the backups either? I just expect more from the leader of the offense than 16 points scored at home vs BYU in regulation. It doesn’t mean I want him fired, I just don’t place all the responsibility on a kid that hasn’t shown more in the past and to expect him to magically be better the next game. The OC keeps trotting out the same guy and we get the same results. Chaney has to teach him to do better, or find someone that will. Otherwise Chaney’s not doing the job we brought him here for.

Reactions: Volda
When I’m sitting 500 miles away watching on TV, screaming at the screen, because BYU has adjusted to our run game on the last 2 series of regulation, why can’t a guy making a million dollars see it. He made no adjustments and ran straight into the teeth of the D. On top of leaving a QB that is incompatible of playing the position in the game. Don’t get it! These guys make big money to see these things.

Yet me and the morons calling the game can see it and are talking about it. Smdh
Motion right run right
A middle school defensive coordinator could have put a stop to that

Chaney didn’t lose this for us. Last night it was glaringly obvious that we lack a SEC caliber QB.
He's the OC an he's playing the kid at QB the kid not going to take himself out the game. Favorites will get you beat

it’s not chaney’s fault our qb throws a checkdown every single time we call a pass play. it could be 3rd and long and he’s still gonna throw a checkdown 10 yards short of the chains
I tried explaining this to a guy that was yelling to fire Chaney for his play calling. Some people show up for one game or follow when the season starts and they know everything. That said, Chaney is handcuffed because of Guarantano

Reactions: FallBranchChick

VN Store

Back