Chaney and Retirement

BlinghamptonVol

The thought was he came up here because he wanted to retire in these beautiful mountains. I didn’t realize the retirement was already happening. Nothing new and innovative and nothing to mask JG’s weaknesses. Totally the same offense he ran at uga, but with less talented players. I think uga folks were happy to let him walk. We didn’t steal him from them.

When I’m sitting 500 miles away watching on TV, screaming at the screen, because BYU has adjusted to our run game on the last 2 series of regulation, why can’t a guy making a million dollars see it. He made no adjustments and ran straight into the teeth of the D. On top of leaving a QB that is incompatible of playing the position in the game. Don’t get it! These guys make big money to see these things.

Yet me and the morons calling the game can see it and are talking about it. Smdh

When I’m sitting 500 miles away watching on TV, screaming at the screen, because BYU has adjusted to our run game on the last 2 series of regulation, why can’t a guy making a million dollars see it. He made no adjustments and ran straight into the teeth of the D. On top of leaving a QB that is incompatible of playing the position in the game. Don’t get it! These guys make big money to see these things.

Yet me and the morons calling the game can see it and are talking about it. Smdh

What if JP won't allow Chaney to put in Maurer or Shrout?

I honestly do not know one person that thought Chaney took the job to retire. I think the biggest perception was he took it so that Kirby could save face. Someone had to take the fall for the last 2 years of not beating Alabama.

Jim Chaney is not the problem.

He called a great game. JG is just not developing as a QB. That’s not on anyone but JG.

Problem is that Tennessee has 2 freshman behind him that probably aren’t ready to play.
Jim Chaney called an excellent game! Some jokers have opinions and have no clue how the game is actually played. I tried explaining to someone how awful Guarentano was playing and they actually said the coach tells him who to throw it to so its bad play calling. It was at that moment I realized how ignorant some opinionated fans are.

They could have ran a bootleg pass to one of the tight ends to ice the game but we kept running the same off tackle sweeps and toss for 10 plays.

Reactions: Doberman
The thought was he came up here because he wanted to retire in these beautiful mountains. I didn’t realize the retirement was already happening. Nothing new and innovative and nothing to mask JG’s weaknesses. Totally the same offense he ran at uga, but with less talented players. I think uga folks were happy to let him walk. We didn’t steal him from them.
I’ve been at both games, and just let me say that Guarantano has missed so many open receivers that were down the field and checked down to guys that were covered. Chaney is not the problem, Guarantano is. Either it clicks soon or he will be on the bench.

Jim Chaney is not the problem.

He called a great game. JG is just not developing as a QB. That’s not on anyone but JG.

Problem is that Tennessee has 2 freshman behind him that probably aren’t ready to play.
The freshmen quarterbacks have to be better than what I watched tonight from JG. This performance was **** poor and highlighted JG as the weak link. Sucks when the guy who is supposed to be your leader is your weakest link.

Last edited:
The freshmen have to be better than what I watched tonight. This performance was **** poor and highlighted JG as the weak link. Sucks when the guy who is supposed to be your leader is your weakest link.
Hinders the offense in so many ways

The freshmen have to be better than what I watched tonight. This performance was **** poor and highlighted JG as the weak link. Sucks when the guy who is supposed to be your leader is your weakest link.

They are freshman... that’s what happens when your program has been in the dumps

Reactions: SLICKYINC
I honestly do not know one person that thought Chaney took the job to retire. I think the biggest perception was he took it so that Kirby could save face. Someone had to take the fall for the last 2 years of not beating Alabama.
Chaney didn't give up a 2nd and 26 td in the NC game. Nor did he call for a fake punt of a tie game at midfield against Bama in the SECCG

Last edited:
Wait, you do understand that they are freshmen, right? These guys wouldn’t even be playing if this team wasn’t in such piss poor roster shape left by the marching band dude. The freshmen actually play at a level above most of our upperclassmen.

Actually this whole thing goes further back than the cliche machine.

Wait, you do understand that they are freshmen, right? These guys wouldn’t even be playing if this team wasn’t in such piss poor roster shape left by the marching band dude. The freshmen actually play at a level above most of our upperclassmen.

Actually this whole thing goes further back than the cliche machine.

Yes, I’m saying that the freshman QB’s have to be better than JG. JG is supposed to be a leader, but he is clearly one of the weakest links on the field.

Yes, I’m saying that the freshman QB’s have to be better than JG. JG is supposed to be a leader, but he is clearly one of the weakest links on the field.
Oh, gotcha. Thought you had 2 random thoughts in one paragraph. My bad.

Meh. I thought our run game was really good, and play calling good for the most part. O line showed improvement from last week, and definitely from last year. Offense wasn't terrible, except in the red zone. Recall that we passed on two FGs to go for it on fourth down.

VN Store

Back