Chandler Going Pro

Gonna miss him, but hope he does well in the league. Was fun watching him this year.

Best Freshman I’ve ever seen at UT.
Best PG I’ve ever seen at UT.
As much heart as I’ve seen wear orange.
To see him roll his ankle 3 times and still come out and finish against MSU and dominate KY and A&M was incredible to see.
To see him break completely down in the loss to Michigan will be something I will always remember. He will be one of my all time favorites even though he only shined for one year.

Good luck Mr. Chandler.
Unlike a lot of these rental players, Chandler wanted to win and it clearly mattered to him. None of that emotion following the Michigan loss was contrived.

KC was a legit, fearless guy. To think what could be if 2 or 3 years were the normal still. The NBA veterans changing rookie pay structure is what made everyone a 1 and done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volflyfisher
Good luck to the young man. I was tough on him for his early season turnovers and his bad free throw shooting because he was the number 1 PG in the country. I critiqued his game differently than the other players on the team because I held him in such high regard. With that said, he was performing at an elite level by the end of the season and really improved his consistency. He is the most skilled PG we’ve had and I hope he kills it in the NBA.

Really wish he could have stayed another year and perfected his game. Better free throw shooting, a higher percentage 3 point shot and more aggressiveness towards the rim were all areas where he could have easily improved his draft stock. He was great all year though and turned up a level toward the end of the season. So I understand.

I just dont want him to get stashed away like Keon Johnson and Jaden Springer on the G-League and then get traded around.

He's not ready.
I wish him the best but he simply needs another year at least. Can he come back to school if he slides to the 2nd rnd?

Sad to see him go, but I can't ever blame anyone for taking the big pay check. Good luck to him.

We all wish only the best of futures to you,Kennedy.Thank you for giving UT your all this year.I and we hope you have the top flight career in the NBA.Your effort was loved by us.

He's not ready.
I wish him the best but he simply needs another year at least. Can he come back to school if he slides to the 2nd rnd?

I agree, but in the same breath I think he is more ready than Keon and Jaden were coming out.

My question though, is how many of these first year guys are really ready and can produce at the NBA level? Seems more and more like teams are gambling instead of developing talent. In their eyes, either you are ready or a trade piece.

Reactions: overseasorange2
Best Freshman I’ve ever seen at UT.
Best PG I’ve ever seen at UT.
As much heart as I’ve seen wear orange.

I was little but saw and listened to Bernards arrival. Outside that, yes, I'd say I have to agree. Allan Houston? Tobias? IDK is there a better FR ever at UT?

Best of luck to Chandler. Looking forward to watching him in the league next year.

He's not ready.

This isn't a dig at Barnes but the offense he runs is nothing like what is run in the NBA. KC projects as a P-n-R PG in the NBA and that type of offense isn't what Barnes runs.

This isn't a dig at Barnes but the offense he runs is nothing like what is run in the NBA. KC projects as a P-n-R PG in the NBA and that type of offense isn't what Barnes runs.
It was pick and roll all day vs Colorado. One of the most common plays we did this year was a central pick and roll with Chandler and either Fulkerson or Olivier.

Reactions: walkenvol
It was pick and roll all day vs Colorado. One of the most common plays we did this year was a central pick and roll with Chandler and either Fulkerson or Olivier.

He ran it Far Far Far less than what he'd run in NBA. Ran it with bigs that are Far more limited in their offensive range than those in the NBA. It's a much simpler PnR that what you see at the next level. Part of that is due to zone defense proliferation in college. At times,, Barnes prolly should have ran more pick n roll but the bigs were just so limited.The motion offense that was run 90% of the time just isn't run by 90% of NBA teams.

I think Kennedy gave his all while here, and I am proud that he became a Vol on his journey to the NBA

Came here with a lot of expectations and hyped and to me lived up to it. Hit a freshman wall and pushed through it. If he would’ve been a 80+ percent free throw shooter I think he draft stock would be a little bit higher. Was a pleasure to watch him! Respect KC!

Takes mental effort not just physical. He needs to development this aspect of his game. Plays on physical ability for the most part at this time.

He's not ready.

I think he can come back if he goes undrafted but do not think he can if he goes in the second round.

My 11 year old son got to take a picture with KC after the usc game. My son is an aspiring basketball player and the fact that KC took a few minutes to talk to him meant the world to my son. Our family will miss him, one of the best to come through UTK.

ESPN mock draft had KC as No. 19 pick by MN. Best of luck to KC...he gave it his all and will be a VFL!

I personally would not say #1 player of all time for UT, simply because he was short term but he is in Top 5 with Tobias, Bernard, Alan Houston, possibly Boerwinkle (debatable)

VN Store

Back