Chances on adding tosh lupoi?

I really didn’t think Kitchens would get canned this season. And I would have said Lupoi chances of coming here were very slim. But now who knows? The big questions are who would he replace and what would his job be?

I am all for it.

Reactions: feathersax
I really didn’t think Kitchens would get canned this season. And I would have said Lupoi chances of coming here were very slim. But now who knows? The big questions are who would he replace and what would his job be?

I am all for it.

Even Stevie Wonder could see that another Haslam based bargain bin hire wouldnt work....

Rocker is gone after the bowl game IMO... people say that he wants to be closer to his son and may just stop coaching all together and watch his son play baseball!

I coached Kumar for a few years and our boys are great friends....the Rocker family is good people. He might be replaced as he’s not an ace recruiter but he 100% wants to continue coaching and loves working for Pruitt. He used to give me hell when he was at UGA and now I talk trash about joining the good guys every chance I get.

I’m not sure why some of you have a problem with Rocker. The defense improved all season. I trust our head coach with his hires. They are building a special defense.
So I guess if our coach fires Rocker and hires Tosh
.. Everyone will be cool.

Reactions: feathersax
The improvement on the d-line this season has been outstanding and a big reason this team finished 7-5. Rocker deserves a lot of credit and he's definitely proving to be a good coach. It's unfortunate that he hasn't had more success as a recruiter. If Pruitt thinks he can hire someone who can boost recruiting and there not be a drop-off in coaching, then so be it. It's a business at the end of the day.

The word is Lupoi got into some trouble before he left Bama and isn’t in good graces with the SEC. It’s not in a lot of schools best interests to go that route currently.

Reactions: Stonewall83
The word is Lupoi got into some trouble before he left Bama and isn’t in good graces with the SEC. It’s not in a lot of schools best interests to go that route currently.

This is what I’ve heard as well... not directly with anyone who coaches or is involved at the SEC level but directly from some people I trust. Swain seemed to echo that a few days ago on his show as well.

With freddi kitchens being fired at the browns. What’s the chances we add tosh to our staff? He is a great recruiter!!
I would be all for that. But since he was Bamas top recruiter before he went to the NFL. I am sure Nick Saban will throw a ton of money at him to come back.

Reactions: tbones0711
Would adding Lupoi be good for recruiting? Almost positively. Would be getting rid of Rocker be a big mistake with the improvements we have seen? Absolutely.
If we start winning and recruits start seeing results Rocker will be right up there with other recruiters because the results will sell the program. There is also the fact that Rocker and Pruitt get along great and having that continuity on a staff is huge.

Bottom line is winning will recruit. Fans worry about how a coach recruits too much. Here’s how it goes. “Come here and you’ll win and you’ll go to the League.” Saban’s rings and NFL players recruit, not his sparkling personality.
At Ole Miss and LSU, “Here’s a car and a house for your Momma.”

Tosh is a helluva defensive line coach in his own right.

I doubt he will come here for that position. Somebody will make him a DC.

I know rocker is good people but he is not getting it done off the field! Can he develop? Yes.. but he can’t recruit. He wasn’t jay Hardy’s main recruiter for a reason!! In college football it’s not about how good a coach you are! It’s about how good a recruiter you are! The teams that are consistently great, out athlete people! We need to get 5 stars.. not 2-3 stars and pray they can be coached up!

Reactions: orangemadam
I know rocker is good people but he is not getting it done off the field! Can he develop? Yes.. but he can’t recruit. He wasn’t jay Hardy’s main recruiter for a reason!! In college football it’s not about how good a coach you are! It’s about how good a recruiter you are! The teams that are consistently great, out athlete people! We need to get 5 stars.. not 2-3 stars and pray they can be coached up!

You don’t need a staff full of good recruiters. You need a few good ones and that’s it. What you really need is a staff comprised mainly of coaches who can develop at a high level. Because that usually equates to winning. And winning games is THE ultimate recruiting tool.

You don’t need a staff full of good recruiters. You need a few good ones and that’s it. What you really need is a staff comprised mainly of coaches who can develop at a high level. Because that usually equates to winning. And winning games is THE ultimate recruiting tool.
We need coaches who can do both; recruiting and coaching the players. We have a very good staff now. Why screw it up if you don't have to?

VN Store

Back