Chances on adding tosh lupoi?

I know rocker is good people but he is not getting it done off the field! Can he develop? Yes.. but he can’t recruit. He wasn’t jay Hardy’s main recruiter for a reason!! In college football it’s not about how good a coach you are! It’s about how good a recruiter you are! The teams that are consistently great, out athlete people! We need to get 5 stars.. not 2-3 stars and pray they can be coached up!
You got that backwards. The college football wasteland is littered with teams of highly touted recruiting classes (by Rivals and 247) that underperform. See Texas, Miami, USC, Michigan, Florida State, Notre Dame, ...
The name of the game is identifying talent in your area of need and maximizing that talent. Bottom line, Rocker is good and he isn’t going anywhere if Pruitt has anything to say about it.

If J. Haslem would sell them things would be much better. He's not interested in winning,imo. One of the better fan bases back in the day.
Haslam is going to the HOF for bad football people. Cleveland should throw him in the river and set it on fire again.

Not every coach is going to an ACE recruiter can they coach? Rocker’s Group improved as the season went along and I understand the competition was weaker. I like the results as the DL went through the season, I understand if a coach was not doing his job but not the case with Rocker. UT has other great recruiters and Rocker may not be an Ace recruiter but he is a quality coach. JMO.

I hope Rocker does not get pushed out. He is a great coach. Hope we can add Lupoi in some capacity. Consultant until they figure out who leaves. Someone will.
I could see him coaching here as a LBer coach to begin with without any of our coaches leaving. I think Henry T. chose UT over Bama because Tosh took the Browns' job. I'm thinking about several teams in the SEC that would pay big bucks to have him.......UGA, Ole Miss, Arky. Not sure if he and Kiffin are compatible but that would be the best place for him now. Going to be interesting and Browns may retain him.

I know rocker is good people but he is not getting it done off the field! Can he develop? Yes.. but he can’t recruit. He wasn’t jay Hardy’s main recruiter for a reason!! In college football it’s not about how good a coach you are! It’s about how good a recruiter you are! The teams that are consistently great, out athlete people! We need to get 5 stars.. not 2-3 stars and pray they can be coached up!
Didn't his own son go to Vandy to play baseball.

Didn't his own son go to Vandy to play baseball.

SO--- Pretty good place to play baseball... That is if you are good enough. He seems to be good enough. By the way Vandy baseball is as good or better than anyone in the SEC. Remember, college baseball is the ultimate development league for the major leagues and he has gone to one of the top programs to get that development.

He’s got a popular name but I have a tough time thinking he’d be an upgrade over Rocker. As a recruiter, sure, but as a coach? Nah.

But if Rocker wants out and we need to replace him, Tosh would be a good option IMO

Reactions: Wes76abrams
Rocker is gone after the bowl game IMO... people say that he wants to be closer to his son and may just stop coaching all together and watch his son play baseball!
I would be alright with that trade. I feel like he’s a week link recruiting but hard to argue with the development we’ve seen out of some these guys on the DL

Ok, so maybe Rocker isn’t the best recruiter, but the DL recruiting wasn’t bad this year. The DL is as strong as it has been in 10 years going into next year. I personally hope he stays.
The problem with this statement is he didn’t recruit most of them

He’s got a popular name but I have a tough time thinking he’d be an upgrade over Rocker. As a recruiter, sure, but as a coach? Nah.

But if Rocker wants out and we need to replace him, Tosh would be a good option IMO
Compare the players they have coached they are equal imo tosh is just the better recruiter

Why do people automatically assume that adding Tosh would result in Rocker being shown the door? First, there’s six offensive coaches on staff to 4 on the defensive side of the ball. So you could get rid of an offensive coach and balance out the staff. You could pay Lupoi a little over a million a year and give him some bs title like Co-DC.

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly

I disagree with pretty much all of this. We’ve already seen the outcome of recruiting without development. That’s what Pruitt is currently working to fix.

Bottom line is winning will recruit. Fans worry about how a coach recruits too much. Here’s how it goes. “Come here and you’ll win and you’ll go to the League.” Saban’s rings and NFL players recruit, not his sparkling personality.
At Ole Miss and LSU, “Here’s a car and a house for your Momma.”
Alabama wrote the book on cheating. It’s easy to forget what Sabans record looked like before he got to Tuscaloosa.

Reactions: onevol74
Boise State called and said, "Ummmm".
Just out of curiosity, do you know what star ranking Burrow had?

VN Store

Back