CFP Scenarios (merged)

So say LSU wins the SEC title... You are saying that the SEC would get an at large team over the conference champ would would very well likely be in the Top 6 when they play the #1 ranked team in Atlanta? LOL.
yes - we beat lsu at lsu by 27….

TCU's strength of schedule is higher than Clemson

Undefeteaded clemson is in, so is TCU..... the argument against that is just absolute fantasy

They would if LSU wins in Atlanta.

UGA is locked to go the playoff. Whoever wins the SEC title goes to playoff. Whether that is 11-1 Bama, 11-1 Ole Miss, or 10-2 LSU.

We have to have UGA go 13-0 for us to stay in the playoff. If they go to atlanta and lose to the west, UGA and the SEC West team they lose to are in, regardless of 1 or 2 losses aka a potential 11-2 SEC Champ LSU
Fair point.

I guess I’m just more confident in us getting in if it’s LSU vs GA than Bama Vs GA.

The ND-Clemson game means more tonight though. We need Clemson out of our way.

Reactions: stewart6600
I think we end up being the only 1-loss SEC team, if there are only 3 undefeated teams, a 1-loss SEC team gets in. Jmo

Fair point.

I guess I’m just more confident in us getting in if it’s LSU vs GA than Bama Vs GA.

The ND-Clemson game means more tonight though. We need Clemson out of our way.

Clemson losing would help but I don't think it matters. Clemson at 12-1 or 13-0 means nothing in my mind. 13-0 and they are likely the 3 spot... 12-1 and they are likely the 4th spot.

At end of the day, we need 13-0 UGA which means they win in Atlanta. Doesn't matter who comes out of the West.

Reactions: spyfish007
Undefeated TCU would get in ahead of us. They would not get in ahead of a 1 loss SEC team that loses in the conference championship. That's why we need UGA to win out. I also don't want to compete with OSU for the no. 4 spot. I'd rather them win out because I think we'd easily be ahead of a 1 loss Mich. Our loss in Athens looks great compared to Oregon's loss so I'm not worried about them either.

Undefeated TCU would get in ahead of us. They would not get in ahead of a 1 loss SEC team that loses in the conference championship. That's why we need UGA to win out. I also don't want to compete with OSU for the no. 4 spot. I'd rather them win out because I think we'd easily be ahead of a 1 loss Mich. Our loss in Athens looks great compared to Oregon's loss so I'm not worried about them either.

Lol. Stop the TCU madness.

There is no world where they get in over 2 one loss SEC teams.

(Posted a Thread on this before I realized there was something similar)

Chance to lose at least 1 more game:

TCU ~92% (Harder to Project Big 12 Champ Opponent)
Alabama 90%
Clemson 80%

Per ESPN FPI as of 815 today

Today was totally disheartening for our chance to win a Championship yes, but our chance to make the playoff is still good. I'd take the bet that if we won out, we still have a greater than 50% chance to make it.

Your just dumb, here is from a clemson homer.....

Davis: TCU resume 'far superior' to Clemson's, but wait

You're*

Also it is clear you didn't watch the CFP on Tuesday..... They literally screamed they don't value TCU's schedule and how they are winning vs their schedule.... You can't win by 10 over the likes of WVU and Texas Tech and expect to get bumped in the rankings.... Clemson's season has been much better than TCU's.... That is why they got put at the 4 spot in the initial rankings even though your beloved "SOS" stat is in TCU's favor.

Pay attention.

Clemson and TCU need to drop a game. UGA has to win out. No other undefeated teams other than UGA and Big 10 champ. If we win out in this scenario we may even get the three seed so we don’t play UGA again. If there are more than two undefeated teams than we are just hoping at that point.

Clemson losing would help but I don't think it matters. Clemson at 12-1 or 13-0 means nothing in my mind. 13-0 and they are likely the 3 spot... 12-1 and they are likely the 4th spot.

At end of the day, we need 13-0 UGA which means they win in Atlanta. Doesn't matter who comes out of the West.
I think our resume is significantly more impressive than clemson's, especially if the only loss we have is to the #1 team. A Clemson loss would be huge tonight.

Reactions: stewart6600
(Posted a Thread on this before I realized there was something similar)

Chance to lose at least 1 more game:

TCU ~92% (Harder to Project Big 12 Champ Opponent)
Alabama 90%
Clemson 80%

Per ESPN FPI as of 815 today

Today was totally disheartening for our chance to win a Championship yes, but our chance to make the playoff is still good. I'd take the bet that if we won out, we still have a greater than 50% chance to make it.
TCU at worst will have 2 loss teams for each game remaining on their schedule including the Big 12 title game... Unless they change how they play and start winning by blowouts, TCU will idle in the rankings.... Nothing happened today including #1 losing #3 to bump TCU in the rankings, including their paltry 10 point win over Texas Tech

Georgia beats Alabama in the sec title game, Ohio st loses to Michigan
LSU beats bama then takes down UGA in the SECCG. OSU/Michigan loser has a loss. TCU loses to Texas. That leaves OSU/Michigan winner and Clemson as the only undefeated teams assuming they handle ND tonight. Free for all among all those 1 loss teams for a spot. I'd have to think our resume would be the best of the 1 loss teams so that would give us a 3 seed in the playoffs. Hey, I know folks will laugh, but stranger things have happened. Hell, they DID happen for us in '98. We just need to win out and stay healthy then sit back and watch it all play out.

I think our resume is significantly more impressive than clemson's, especially if the only loss we have is to the #1 team. A Clemson loss would be huge tonight.

I mean that would help our ranking on Tuesday and I think we are certain to stay in Top 4 if Clemson loses tonight, but I don't think it is required.

Reactions: volnomnom
LSU beats bama then takes down UGA in the SECCG. OSU/Michigan loser has a loss. TCU loses to Texas. That leaves OSU/Michigan winner and Clemson as the only undefeated teams assuming they handle ND tonight. Free for all among all those 1 loss teams for a spot. I'd have to think our resume would be the best of the 1 loss teams so that would give us a 3 seed in the playoffs. Hey, I know folks will laugh, but stranger things have happened. Hell, they DID happen for us in '98. We just need to win out and stay healthy then sit back and watch it all play out.
Yeah well Ga best UT head to head.....

VN Store

Back