CBS tried to hire Peyton.

CA_Vol

Last edited:
Reactions: n_huffhines
The Manning boys want to be owners and $20m per year would really help get them closer to having enough $ for majority ownership. I think he's gotta take that.

Reactions: CA_Vol
The Manning boys want to be owners and $20m per year would really help get them closer to having enough $ for majority ownership. I think he's gotta take that.

The lowest valued franchises are worth about $2b, Peyton is the 2nd wealthiest nfl player of all time with a net worth of around $210m.

$20m a year isn’t really going to make a dent in what he needs to be a majority owner in his lifetime.

The lowest valued franchises are worth about $2b, Peyton is the 2nd wealthiest nfl player of all time with a net worth of around $210m.

$20m a year isn’t really going to make a dent in what he needs to be a majority owner in his lifetime.

It really depends on what they've been doing with their money. It only takes about 12 years to double your money on index funds.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/02/cbs-tried-hiring-peyton-manning-before-giving-tony-romo-180-million/

More than Tony Romo? ESPN preparing to offer Peyton Manning $20 million for MNF, per report

Interesting article. I also read another where ESPN wants Peyton and Al Michaels for MNF. I would be shocked if he actually did it, but he may be able to basically name his price.

Anyone think we will see him in the booth next season?
Hope he doesn’t do it. Looks like he might.

If he was smart, he'd enjoy his hard-earned money while he's still relatively young and now stress-free.

Reactions: Sara Clark
No NFL tv analyst is worth 17 or 20 mill

These are the same type thinkers that no coach is worth a million dollars a year, much less multimillions. They always know a guy down in Unicoi County or Copper Basin who has won the Pee Wee Championship 10 years in a row, has forgotten more football than Saban knows about, and paints houses for a living. Hell UT could get that guy for a $100K per year easy.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/02/cbs-tried-hiring-peyton-manning-before-giving-tony-romo-180-million/

More than Tony Romo? ESPN preparing to offer Peyton Manning $20 million for MNF, per report

Interesting article. I also read another where ESPN wants Peyton and Al Michaels for MNF. I would be shocked if he actually did it, but he may be able to basically name his price.

Anyone think we will see him in the booth next season?
1) Not enough hands on with Football or $$ to be made.
2) Peyton's IQ is such that Al wouldn't be able to follow what was being said.

You do realize the Carolina Panthers sold for $2.2 billion.
I'm not sure the Manning boys pockets are that deep.

It really depends on what they've been doing with their money. It only takes about 12 years to double your money on index funds.

12 years to double your money on index funds? This isn’t true. If it were people would be doing it all the time. Index funds pace well over time but doubling in 12 years is not accurate.

If he was smart, he'd enjoy his hard-earned money while he's still relatively young and now stress-free.
The guy loves football and communicates it at an elite level. Getting $20 mil per for something he currently does freely wouldn’t qualify as stressful imo.

Worth what the network is willing to pay them.

Although I doubt anyone tunes in for the announcers.
Bet there’s a sizable contingent that would for him. Some just to project hate. It’s a name brand. If Jordan broadcast NBA games would there be an audience that didn’t care about the teams he was announcing? I’d tune in and I was never a personal fan.

You do realize the Carolina Panthers sold for $2.2 billion.
I'm not sure the Manning boys pockets are that deep.
Doesn’t have to be. Magic was one of the faces that bought the Dodgers...didn’t spend a dime of his personal portfolio. Huge profit when he sold out. I personally don’t believe the Manning Family is obsessed with owning a franchise. They’re financially set for life and not targets of irate fans disappointed with a non-signing or other day to days.

But it's not like he'd have to pay cash for it. $20M per year is enough to cover some pretty big payments. Besides, he'd probably do it through a syndication with other rich people

The guy loves football and communicates it at an elite level. Getting $20 mil per for something he currently does freely wouldn’t qualify as stressful imo.

I said he's now stress-free. No pouring over game plans, no practice or game schedules, nor related travel, no being hunted by 300lbs+ DLs, or targeted by blitzing safety bullets and so forth. I think he would be better off enjoying more family time, doing relaxing things he and the Mrs. enjoy. His life and decisions, my opinion, and that's all it is.

I said he's now stress-free. No pouring over game plans, no practice or game schedules, nor related travel, no being hunted by 300lbs+ DLs, or targeted by blitzing safety bullets and so forth. I think he would be better off enjoying more family time, doing relaxing things he and the Mrs. enjoy. His life and decisions, my opinion, and that's all it is.
We can agree that we disagree...unless you object. 😏

We can agree that we disagree...unless you object. 😏

Why, butchna! Me hit you? I have no object in hand to do it with and no inclination to do so. Altho there are certain other VN'ers I'm inclined to do so with the Bear Gris machetes that adorn my central hallway wall. Word play aside, agree to disagree is pretty much what my preceeding post said.

With his neck injuries he would be wise to enjoy life while he can. He certainly has enough money to take care of his family for generations. Limited public speaking gigs and TV ads should keep him feeling gainfully employed. A full time job with CBS/ESPN..... I don't think he will.

VN Store

Back