CBS tried to hire Peyton.

Doesn’t have to be. Magic was one of the faces that bought the Dodgers...didn’t spend a dime of his personal portfolio. Huge profit when he sold out. I personally don’t believe the Manning Family is obsessed with owning a franchise. They’re financially set for life and not targets of irate fans disappointed with a non-signing or other day to days.
He received a 2.3% ownership for $50 million. Great deal for him. I agree his face as part of the franchise was invaluable.

He received a 2.3% ownership for $50 million. Great deal for him. I agree his face as part of the franchise was invaluable.
Didn’t he sell his stake in the Lakers before that...which was handed to him?

No NFL tv analyst is worth 17 or 20 mill
It's a lot of money, but you need to understand the economics of TV right now. Live sporting events are just about the only "appointment TV" still around. Appointment TV means people plan to be in front of the TV to watch (instead of using a DVR or On Demand). Advertisers pay a premium to get appointment viewers. MNF will likely be the most viewed primetime network programming on a weekly basis. Manning is worth it.

These are the same type thinkers that no coach is worth a million dollars a year, much less multimillions. They always know a guy down in Unicoi County or Copper Basin who has won the Pee Wee Championship 10 years in a row, has forgotten more football than Saban knows about, and paints houses for a living. Hell UT could get that guy for a $100K per year easy.

A coach is an actual ceo of a million dollar business and how he leads will dictate how well that business is and how profitable.

No one ever tunes into a game because of a specific announcer. Most the guys on here literally hate the cbs crew but still watch the games. You could flip any announcer out for any other skilled announcer and nothing changes at all.

It's a lot of money, but you need to understand the economics of TV right now. Live sporting events are just about the only "appointment TV" still around. Appointment TV means people plan to be in front of the TV to watch (instead of using a DVR or On Demand). Advertisers pay a premium to get appointment viewers. MNF will likely be the most viewed primetime network programming on a weekly basis. Manning is worth it.

But but it's not fair her can make that much money and I can't

Reactions: amaralfan1

VN Store

Back