CBS mock draft has Grant Williams at No. 13 to the Heat, Schofield at 25

How did Morant end up at Murray? On Rivals he’s shown as a 5* in 2017 but no national ranking? Was he a surprise qualifier?

Morant was a late bloomer out of SoCarolina... I believe he was a 3* and only got a late P5 offer from USC-Columbia, but Murray St had offered him before that, and his Dad told him to stick with the team that really wanted him.

The first 2 mock drafts I checked out both have him going in the 2nd round. Sports Illustrated and NBA draft.net. So, multiple drafts do have him in the 2nd round.

The other 2( Sporting News and USA today) have him in the going in the 20's of the 1st round.
I literally posted 10 mocks with him in the first round. He is a first rounder easy.

Did you watch the game ?!

Which one?

The game we beat Auburn for the regular season SEC title? No, I didn’t. Did you?

The game against auburn where we won the SEC tournament? No I didn’t. Did you?

Or did you mean the sweet 16 game we showed up at and won? No, I didn’t. Did you?

Three times that I just mentioned where the game actually mattered and all he did was lose.

Sorry, but just kinda the facts.

Reactions: Roustabout
scholfield 1st round? not going to happen. I dont see williams going round 1 either

I bet you believe the world is flat too, it's not flat and reports are coming out that it just may be round :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Which one?

The game we beat Auburn for the regular season SEC title? No, I didn’t. Did you?

Or did you mean the sweet 16 game we showed up at and won? No, I didn’t. Did you?

Three times that I just mentioned where the game actually mattered and all he did was lose.

Technically, we should have been in the Elite 8 if not for a horrendous foul call on Turner.

Guys. Grant Williams isn’t competing against NBA players here (he will be soon), but he is competing against his colleagues. Juniors and Seniors (and Zion etc) to get drafted and some overseas 35 yr olds. You would say Grant is a top 20 player in the NCAA, right. So why is this surprising

Which one?

Facts are they won 30+ games last season.

Reactions: Big time vol
Which one?

And if I'm not mistaken he's averaged 20 a game in our loses, so what's your issue with Grant ?

Reactions: Big time vol
And if I'm not mistaken he's averaged 20 a game in our loses, so what's your issue with Grant ?

Nothing. Great player. Will be average in nba but that is still average in the nba which is s huge accomplishment.

But to say all he does is win is both a lie and ludicrous.

He was on the same team that lost pretty much every meaningful game towards the end.

And got destroyed at the end numerous times when it mattered.

Destroyed numerous times?

First of all, we had 6 total losses.

3 of those were in overtime. So let's go ahead and discount those as "destroyed".
1 was by 4 points on the road.

So we have 2 games left to choose from.
1 was on the road at Rupp. We lost by 17; and then came back THE NEXT week and won by 19. So hard to say "when it mattered" there.
Which leaves 1 other loss, to Auburn in the SEC title game by 20.

We got destroyed once. By a team that was a bad call or two from winning the whole thing.

Perhaps you were confusing our season with the one your Thuggins boys had in WV.

Last edited:
Destroyed numerous times?

First of all, we had 6 total losses.

3 of those were in overtime. So let's go ahead and discount those as "destroyed".
1 was by 4 points on the road.

So we have 2 games left to choose from.
1 was on the road at Rupp. We lost by 17; and then came back THE NEXT week and won by 19. So hard to say "when it mattered" there.
Which leaves 1 other loss, to Auburn in the SEC title game by 20.

We got destroyed once. By a team that was a bad call or two from winning the whole thing.

Perhaps you were confusing our season with the one your Thuggins boys had in WV.

So u agree we got beat bad at the end when titles where actually on the line.

Thanks for agreeing.

If all he knows is how to win, why did they get bounced in the sweet 16?

Just an honest question.
He went 31 wins against 6 lost so I would say he does know how to win pretty good. For the most part between two good teams the game is most times won or lost at the free throw line and Grant can't shoot everyone's shot for them.

Which one?

So only 3 games all season mattered? I wonder why they play 30+ games? That's really strange.

Um UT getting blown out by auburn for sec regular season title. Who were u watching?
You take one game out of the season to base your opinion on ? C'mon bruh. Because if you looked at the season in it's entirety you wouldn't be this salty. Take your cherry picked facts and have a seat.

Reactions: walkenvol
Um UT getting blown out by auburn for sec regular season title. Who were u watching?
Well, once again, u are wrong. Losing by 4 points at Auburn is not getting blown out. Losing by 20, in the SEC Tournament Championship game, is getting blown out. Of course, Auburn waa the hottest team in the country and followed that up with 4 more wins and a controversial loss to the eventual National Champions, Virginia in OT, in the Final 4.

VN Store

Back