CBS mock draft has Grant Williams at No. 13 to the Heat, Schofield at 25

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
13 HEAT
Grant Williams | Tennessee | Jr | PF | 6-7
A decade ago, Williams would have been seen as a tweener. In a bad way. Now, he's seen his stock rise in large part because he is, in fact, a tweener. But, you know, the good kind. Williams is physical and heady enough to have played significant minutes at both forward spots at Tennessee, but his perimeter skills and 3-point shooting, while not featured prominently in college, could unlock a tremendous small forward/power forward combo in the NBA. That versatility would serve the Heat well, and with Justise Winslow as a recent example, versatility is a trait they clearly place high value on.

Schofield at 25

25 TRAIL BLAZERS
Admiral Schofield | Tennessee | Sr | SF/PF | 6-6
Schofield has done wonders for his stock at Tennessee, transforming from an under-the-radar recruit to a first-round draft prospect. Schofield has an ideal frame for an NBA forward at 6-6 and has the skills to complement it, illustrated by his 41.8 percent 3-point numbers last season. He could be a plug-and-play forward, too, after a productive four-year college career.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/2019-nba-mock-draft-knicks-get-zion-williamson-but-cavs-pass-on-ja-morant-for-rj-barrett/

That would be awesome. I would hit a lot of games next year if that happens, it’s about a 5 minute bike ride for me.

If he gets that kind of grade, I'm goof with him leaving early. Gotta look out for #1

How did Morant end up at Murray? On Rivals he’s shown as a 5* in 2017 but no national ranking? Was he a surprise qualifier?

Interesting that UT has 2 rivals 3* going in the first round and there’s several others that probably weren’t highly ranked hs prospects. What happens to all those 5* guys? Seems like the top 5 or 10 ranked guys are can’t miss types but after that it’s wide open

Williams is one of those players that is judged to small, he doesn't have the three point shot, he can't defend the NBA bigs. All he knows is how to win.

Williams is one of those players that is judged to small, he doesn't have the three point shot, he can't defend the NBA bigs. All he knows is how to win.
The report literally says that he isn't seen as too small. He fits in as a modern NBA forward. They don't care he didn't shoot a ton of threes. He has good form and a high free throw percentage. They will have him hitting threes in a year or two if he puts in the work.

I knew he would be a first rounder. His rise into the teens has surprised me. I thought that early 20s would be his projection.

Reactions: Big time vol

The first 2 mock drafts I checked out both have him going in the 2nd round. Sports Illustrated and NBA draft.net. So, multiple drafts do have him in the 2nd round.

The other 2( Sporting News and USA today) have him in the going in the 20's of the 1st round.

Admiral alongside Dame and C.J. would be lethal ! Throw in a healthy Nurkic and Portland would contend with Golden State for the top spot in the west.

Keep in mind that many NBA teams build thru the free agency and trades more than the draft. Bring a draft pick doesn’t mean they’re committed to you.

If all he knows is how to win, why did they get bounced in the sweet 16?

Just an honest question.

VN Store

Back