CBS: Heupel Among "Top 10 Coaches Under 45"

While I don't personally believe this to be true, Heupel will have an asterisk next to his name on many lists to this point. Many will say that he rode the success of Scott Frost, and that there isn't enough to prove he is a legitimate head coach. Heupel has a incredible opportunity to really build and improve this program here at Tennessee. I think that he actually proves to be just as good as the aforementioned, who now that I think about it, Day followed Meyer and Riley followed Stoops. Neither of them had to build anything. Heupel has a tremendous challenge ahead of him, but I think the way he is going about it is great. Build relationships, and focus on the on-field product, and the rest should fall into place.

I am hoping that this Tennessee team, regardless of what record they finish with, is remarkably different to every naked eye to what we have seen on the field in times past. I'm excited to see what it looks like.
Maybe but he had no prior coaching connection to Frost. Sure he held over some of Frost’s personnel but he still had to implement his schemes and philosophies and make sure those guys were coached to be fundamentally sound within his system. That is what coaching is. Especially at the group of five level where there is less separation in talent between low four stars and high three star recruits

VN Store

Back