CBS Article re: Tennessee QB battle

Has anyone ever produced any legitimate proof that Nico has a deal worth $8 million? Or are we still going off some west coast “lawyers” word?

Reactions: beachvol23
Article from CBS, but some shade being thrown at Nico in the closing comments. Kind of odd, because all I've heard is that he has met or surpassed all expectations, thus far.

"22. The Nico Iamaleava era begins at Tennessee: Iamaleava was the early NIL poster boy reportedly signing a three-year, bonus-laden $8 million NIL deal with a Tennessee collective. One small detail: Iamaleava, a five-star prospect from California, must beat out veteran Joe Milton, who can throw it from here to next Thursday and is familiar with Josh Heupel's explosive offense. The quarterback battle winner must somehow resemble Hendon Hooker. How Iamaleava lives up to his contract will be mixed in with new offensive coordinator Joey Hazle. You won't believe this -- actually, you will -- but there are already whispers Iamaleava isn't worth the $8M. Tennessee is covered as closely as the White House."

Dick Dodd is a limp dick.

Exactly

There isn't even a battle

The MVP of the orange bowl is going to start

The thought of anyone starting over JM this year is silly anyway. Dude has earned it in every conceivable way and if anyone beats him out of the start , we're in for some seriously fun times.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Many writers in the sports media write articles to try to give the impression that they know something about a player, team, coach, etc when in fact they don’t have a clue about the person, place, or thing they are writing. From all reports from Josh and his staff, they are very pleased with what they have in their new Freshmen QB. In addition, they don’t have Milton mentioned as a quality QB. Maybe a review of the Orange Bowl film will give some clue of Milton’s abilities. Also, the media seems to think UK’s QB will be drafted early in the first round
Didn't read this one, either. Thanks to those who did thereby sharing (exposing) the writer's bias.

Attachments

• Clickbait.png
    Clickbait.png
    57 KB · Views: 0
Many writers in the sports media write articles to try to give the impression that they know something about a player, team, coach, etc when in fact they don’t have a clue about the person, place, or thing they are writing. From all reports from Josh and his staff, they are very pleased with what they have in their new Freshmen QB. In addition, they don’t have Milton mentioned as a quality QB. Maybe a review of the Orange Bowl film will give some clue of Milton’s abilities. Also, the media seems to think UK’s QB will be drafted early in the first round
There is a least one writer at CBS that thinks AR-15 will be the first overall pick. Kind of makes you question their evaluation ability.

Dodd is a member of the media! Sports media yeah but still the media. Most media today have an agenda (oh how I wish most people could recognize this). Dodd doesn’t care about the statement’s validity or veracity… he’s only filling air time. He had zero way of knowing whether his prediction would be accurate or make him look foolish (I’m personally glad he was GROSSLY wrong). So…these media leeches just have no impact on my convictions….including sports. You see…I can see with my own eyes what is unfolding. It’s probably the main reason I normally watch sports on TV with the sound muted. JMO.

The media MUST hate us! NO WAY we are #2 in Meth labs! Missouri #1 is Midwest media bias as usual.
I agree east TN has more meth labs than churches these days.. then again have you been to Missouri? I don't do illicit substances but If I lived there I might change my mind

Reactions: Frozevol
Article from CBS, but some shade being thrown at Nico in the closing comments. Kind of odd, because all I've heard is that he has met or surpassed all expectations, thus far.

"22. The Nico Iamaleava era begins at Tennessee: Iamaleava was the early NIL poster boy reportedly signing a three-year, bonus-laden $8 million NIL deal with a Tennessee collective. One small detail: Iamaleava, a five-star prospect from California, must beat out veteran Joe Milton, who can throw it from here to next Thursday and is familiar with Josh Heupel's explosive offense. The quarterback battle winner must somehow resemble Hendon Hooker. How Iamaleava lives up to his contract will be mixed in with new offensive coordinator Joey Hazle. You won't believe this -- actually, you will -- but there are already whispers Iamaleava isn't worth the $8M. Tennessee is covered as closely as the White House."
If Joe Milton wins the job it does not automatically mean Nico won’t be a great quarterback done the road. This is just pure journalist sensationalism trying to stir the pot. Everything will work out just fine. I fully trust Heupel and staff can handle the situation just fine. GBO

Reactions: cncchris33
I thought performance based incentives weren't permissible under the NIL rules?

He. Is. A. Freshman.

I hope Milton plays well so he can RS unless he's just amazing right now which would be an exception to the rule.

I would be glad if this were true, but it's not likely. The Nico official "time remaining clock" is almost running now. Even if he redshirted this coming season, he would still only have 2 years remaining to play before he could turn pro. So I'd use him as much as possible this year.

I would be glad if this were true, but it's not likely. The Nico official "time remaining clock" is almost running now. Even if he redshirted this coming season, he would still only have 2 years remaining to play before he could turn pro. So I'd use him as much as possible this year.

But...if you makin' $8MIL...and winnin'...why jump to NFL asap...win Championships and Awards and make...

giphy.gif

in The League??!!

Reactions: LittleVol

VN Store

Back