CBB Coaching Carousel (Updated List 4/24)

Cronin could be in the mix for the Virginia Tech opening if Buzz Williams takes the Texas A%M job according to the LA Times.

Looks like Arkansas is gonna get Musselman. Not a bad hire, but I have questions about him

I’m surprised UCLA isn’t more interested in Musselman. This year was a dissappointment but he’s done a great job there.

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
I can confirm through multiple sources that Nevada head coach Eric Musselman is on campus today at Arkansas.

There are also reports of Bud Walton Arena being set up for a presser. While that is in fact true, it doesn’t necessarily mean a hiring is imminent. I have it from a great source that the arena has been set up since Saturday.

Arkansas is reportedly ready to pony up somewhere in the range of $3m-$3.4m to make this hire.

More on this one as I hear it.

* Earlier this morning in the Daily Dirt, I mentioned George Mason assistant Dane Fischer as the leader at William & Mary. According to a report just posted by Jon Rothstein, it appears to be done, and Fischer will be hired as the new head basketball coach at W&M.

* APSU assistant Rick Cabrera was interviewing at Tennessee Tech (confirmed that he was in yesterday). I have now heard that Ole Miss assistant Ronnie Hamilton has interviewed and it sounds like Murry Bartow will be in today. Hamilton spent four seasons at Middle Tennessee with Kermit Davis before following him to Ole Miss last spring. Bartow took over as the interim head coach at UCLA after Steve Alford was fired in December. He has previously served as the head coach at East Tennessee State and UAB

* It sounds like UCLA has been striking out all over the place. Could be on their second tier of candidates right now. TCU’s Jamie Dixon is being mentioned there, but keep an eye on Cincinnati’s Mick Cronin. He’s a hot commodity right now, and will be the early leader at Virginia Tech…

* Some chatter surrounding LeVelle Moton at Georgia State. He’s been mentioned at a bunch of places over that past few years after all of the success that he’s had at NC Central. This could be the year for him to make a move. Stay tuned here…

Virginia Tech coach Buzz Williams is heading home to become Texas A&M's next head coach.

The announcement was made Tuesday by Texas A&M athletic director Scott Woodward.

We (A&M) finally made a home-run hire in Men’s bb. About damn time. Jimbo and then Buzz. I love our AD.
Y'all are swimming in money, and not listening to outsiders tell you you aren't a basketball school, or you haven't had a huge amount of historical success in football, therefore you expectations should be lower. Good for you.

Reactions: UTwild82
From hoopdirt.com

* Don’t let anyone fool you…Buzz to A&M has been done for a while.
* Interviews at BYU are underway. Apparently being an LDS church member is a requirement for this one. Utah Jazz assistant Alex Jensen has interviewed, and Mark Pope is expected to interview as well. They are both LDS members and at this point believed to be the top two candidates.

* I’ve mentioned the search at Idaho State a few times since Sunday. I have now heard that Northern Colorado associate head coach Steve Smiley is in the mix here as well. Smiley has been at Northern Colorado since 2016, and was an assistant at Weber State before that.

* Earlier this morning in the Daily Dirt, I mentioned George Mason assistant Dane Fischer as the leader at William & Mary. According to a report just posted by Jon Rothstein, it appears to be done, and Fischer will be hired as the new head basketball coach at W&M.

* APSU assistant Rick Cabrera was interviewing at Tennessee Tech (confirmed that he was in yesterday). I have now heard that Ole Miss assistant Ronnie Hamilton has interviewed and it sounds like Murry Bartow will be in today. Hamilton spent four seasons at Middle Tennessee with Kermit Davis before following him to Ole Miss last spring. Bartow took over as the interim head coach at UCLA after Steve Alford was fired in December. He has previously served as the head coach at East Tennessee State and UAB

* It sounds like UCLA has been striking out all over the place. Could be on their second tier of candidates right now. TCU’s Jamie Dixon is being mentioned there, but keep an eye on Cincinnati’s Mick Cronin. He’s a hot commodity right now, and will be the early leader at Virginia Tech…

* Some chatter surrounding LeVelle Moton at Georgia State. He’s been mentioned at a bunch of places over that past few years after all of the success that he’s had at NC Central. This could be the year for him to make a move. Stay tuned here…
UCLA can't afford Dixon's buyout. Some serious numbers would have to change there.

I don’t get how Moton hasn’t been hired by someone at this point. He did really well his first few years. Fell off a bit but got his team to the tourney again this year.

From hoopdirt.com

* Don’t let anyone fool you…Buzz to A&M has been done for a while.
* Interviews at BYU are underway. Apparently being an LDS church member is a requirement for this one. Utah Jazz assistant Alex Jensen has interviewed, and Mark Pope is expected to interview as well. They are both LDS members and at this point believed to be the top two candidates.

* I’ve mentioned the search at Idaho State a few times since Sunday. I have now heard that Northern Colorado associate head coach Steve Smiley is in the mix here as well. Smiley has been at Northern Colorado since 2016, and was an assistant at Weber State before that.
Pretty sure it’s illegal to discriminate on grounds of religion...

VN Store

Back