'19 CB S Anthony Harris (UT commit 6/8/18)

don't see that as being an issue though, by all accounts he's gotten his grades in order.

not sure why he wouldn't sign early.....im sure they want him to.

The school can hold your ability to sign early. Grades would be a major reason. Can't make the grades, can't enroll at the university, can't play football, lost scholarship spot. At least think before you post.

To expand on this, If he signs, yet doesn't make the grades, I think his spot still counts against our numbers. Therefore Tennessee would need to see his updated grades before we would let him sign... Right?

To expand on this, If he signs, yet doesn't make the grades, I think his spot still counts against our numbers. Therefore Tennessee would need to see his updated grades before we would let him sign... Right?

That would be a reason to not take his signature on ESD, and add some more time to "trust but verify".

Correct. That is a recent rule. Any player that signs a LOI and doesn’t end up qualifying still counts against the 25. So it’s a risk/reward thing whether you allow a particular “academically questionable” recruit to sign early. With this staffs urgency to flip the roster, they aren’t gonna feel comfortable risking that scholarship.

Correct. That is a recent rule. Any player that signs a LOI and doesn’t end up qualifying still counts against the 25. So it’s a risk/reward thing whether you allow a particular “academically questionable” recruit to sign early. With this staffs urgency to flip the roster, they aren’t gonna feel comfortable risking that scholarship.
its how we got Bryce Thompson. not the early part, just the schools not being willing to take a risk.

yep. if you're not sure about the academics, you tell the kid "hey, you have a spot, but you have to get your grades up so we can take you in February".

and if you're still not sure by then, you have to make a decision.

Anthony Harris didn’t sign today and the way Mack Brown and company are rolling...I wonder if he will be a major target for them next month?
-Price

VN Store

Back