'19 CB S Anthony Harris (UT commit 6/8/18)

Saturday marked the first time he has been to Knoxville for a game and while the outcome wasn't what he was hoping for, he thoroughly enjoyed his time.

"The experience was nice," Harris said. "The crowd was big. I'm in love with it. I love how the fans are. They are true, no matter the score. They were very encouraging."
"They were telling me to get my grades straight," Harris said. "Then when I get there, they want me to play hard and physical, just like I did in high school. It's going to be a different level, but they are going to get me developed to compete on that different level."

And as for his work in the classroom, Harris says things are looking up.

"It's been going well," Harris said. "The online classes, I'm getting an A in right now. I just have to keep that up and I'll be good to go."
Harris and his family love the Tennessee staff, in particular safeties coach Charles Kelly, Those two have bonded over the months and Harris likes to see the veteran coach in action.

"He treats his players like sons," Harris said. "Actually all of the coaches there do that. When they mess up, he gets on them so there is no slacking. But he also loves them up."
Harris is a multi-tool defensive back. He can play different positions and says Tennessee plans on using him in the same manner.

"They want to use me all over the field," Harris said. "They want me to play nickel and safety and maybe some corner. They like my physicality and the way I play the ball along with my coverage."

Harris plays quarterback for Havelock and when they play tougher opponents, he gets to play defense as well.

"We are still undefeated so it's going great," Harris said. "We are ready to get back to the state game and get that rematch and win.

"I like when we play good teams so I can play both sides of the ball. When I play defense, I'm free so I can go down on the ball when it's a run. I love to hit."
—Price

School and books.
giphy.gif

I can see this kid playing the safety position that Warrior plays. But he has more range and athleticism than Warrior.

Has an A in his online classes. Thats gotta be something Pruitt learned from Saban.

Nah, this happens with kids all across the country now. It's nothing more than a way for schools to boost graduation rates. These classes are an absolute joke.

Had a kid fail my regular American History I class last year and he just finished the online class (supposedly a semester's worth of work) in about three weeks. Got a B.

Even the "college classes" are typically not all that strenuous but parents eat that up because of the credit weight.

Nah, this happens with kids all across the country now. It's nothing more than a way for schools to boost graduation rates. These classes are an absolute joke.

Had a kid fail my regular American History I class last year and he just finished the online class (supposedly a semester's worth of work) in about three weeks. Got a B.

Even the "college classes" are typically not all that strenuous but parents eat that up because of the credit weight.
You could bomb every test in those classes but if you get an A in all the work then you get a B in those online classes.

►►Anthony Harris (S; Havelock; Havelock, N.C.): Harris did it on both sides of the ball in Havelock's 56-14 win over Northside. He completed 9-of-15 passes for 145 yards, ran for 94 yards on seven carries and was responsible for three touchdowns. On defense, Harris made two tackles.
-Tennessean

VN Store

Back