Casey Kelly update

That will be a tough decision. I would probably take it and get an option like some do of school paid for etc in 4 years if it doesnt work out.

good pick by boston cause if kelly doesnt sign they get the 30 pick in next years draft....kelly has top 15 talent so it is pretty much a no risk pick for the sox

Wish my Tribe would have gotten him. Then, whether it be with the Vols or Tribe he'd be on my favorite team.

He will have a good career as long as he's a pitcher. He's not going to make it as a position player.

Smart move.

He's just a 3-star recruit. Chances are he won't make it to the NFL. As a first-rounder in the MLB for a team with deep pockets, he's probably going to get at least a million dollar signing bonus.

He will get more than that. Someone said 2 mill would be the avg at that spot, but his parents asked for more because he had the football option and apparently Boston wasnt phased. I would say he gets 2 mil easy.

He will have a good career as long as he's a pitcher. He's not going to make it as a position player.
It's kind of premature to say he can't make it as a position player. It's also to early to say he would have a good career as a pitcher.

He will get more than that. Someone said 2 mill would be the avg at that spot, but his parents asked for more because he had the football option and apparently Boston wasnt phased. I would say he gets 2 mil easy.
2 million is not the average at that spot. He might get 2 mill but it's nowhere near slot value.

It's kind of premature to say he can't make it as a position player. It's also to early to say he would have a good career as a pitcher.

Maybe it's early but he only hit .341 his senior year and that doesn't translate well to the minors.

High 90's? yeah right. He wouldn't still be undrafted with that potential.

If he doesn't have any other pitches then he's yet another guy who throws 95. Trust me, there are tons of them. They're outfielders and SS's.

Smart move.

He's just a 3-star recruit. Chances are he won't make it to the NFL. As a first-rounder in the MLB for a team with deep pockets, he's probably going to get at least a million dollar signing bonus.

He could always pull a Weinke. Seriously.

If he doesn't have any other pitches then he's yet another guy who throws 95. Trust me, there are tons of them. They're outfielders and SS's.
He actually has a curve with plus potential. I'd rather have him as a pitcher too.

From Baseball America:

With a fastball in the mid-90s and one the nation's best hammer curveballs, Kelly is a safe pick in that if he doesn't pan out in the field he could be successful on the mound.

VN Store

Back