Casey Kelly update

Its lookin more like Kelly will be a Vol because hes falling in the draft. The teams that most thought would take him let him go by.

I'm sure teams are worried about drafting him because of his signing with the Vols. They don't want to spend an early pick on someone who may not accept their offer. I know I would hate that.

The big ? on him is his batting if he plays SS.

Most teams want him as a pitcher but he wants to play SS but doesnt have a good enough bat for teams to take a chance on him. He throws in the mid to low 90s' and thats without devoting himself to pitching. Scouts think if he devotes to pitching he can easily reach high 90s'.

well if he doesnt sign u get the same pick the next yr so its not that big of a risk to draft him... he knows baseball is his best option to make it big time... imo he going to sign with the team he gets drafted by

I'm sure teams are worried about drafting him because of his signing with the Vols. They don't want to spend an early pick on someone who may not accept their offer. I know I would hate that.

i've been saying that for a long time and people didn't believe me.

The problem with him going this late is he will goto a good team and be hard for him to pass up that opportunity. Waiting for the Yankees to draft I was like, man I am not a baseball fan but if the Yankees drafted me it would be hard to say no.

The big ? on him is his batting if he plays SS.

Most teams want him as a pitcher but he wants to play SS but doesnt have a good enough bat for teams to take a chance on him. He throws in the mid to low 90s' and thats without devoting himself to pitching. Scouts think if he devotes to pitching he can easily reach high 90s'.

High 90's? yeah right. He wouldn't still be undrafted with that potential.

apparently you didnt read very well or need some comprehension work, he doesnt WANT to be a pitcher, therefore teams are passing on him because they think that is where his future is and his potential is

HE wants to be an everyday player and hasnt totally applied himself to his pitching.

damn my stream is way behind lol they havent picked yet, er now they are picking

apparently you didnt read very well or need some comprehension work, he doesnt WANT to be a pitcher, therefore teams are passing on him because they think that is where his future is and his potential is

HE wants to be an everyday player and hasnt totally applied himself to his pitching.

But if he does, he can reach high 90's? As a starter or reliever?

Only one reliever taken in the first that I saw and he is unreal. Teams want Kelly as a starter. Until this morning I knew nothing about his status or what not but have been reading alot of articles of what scouts and gurus are saying about him.

He was really targets by the Cardinals and Yankees, worked out for the Cards, but obviously both passed. I think he comes to Knoxville now because he dropped well past his projection spot now.

VN Store

Back