Carolina/Duke Basketball: The 2022-2023 Thread Celebrating the Tarheel Final Four Victory over Coach K in his Final Game

With both him and Flipowski returning,they have to be even better than last year.
Just kidding about the 40-0. I think Duke will be a preseason top 3 team. Duke is bringing back a lot of experience for once, but they’re also bringing back talented experience, which is something they haven’t had in a very long time. Experienced guard play will also go a long way in March with Proctor alongside Roach.

Interesting possible developments in Chapel Hill also. Lot of smoke that two of their ‘24 signees (or at least two ‘24 recruits, not necessarily UNC signees) are going to reclassify for this class. Eliott Cadeau looks like the real deal, if he’s one of them. Probably the best passing PG to come to Carolina since Kendall Marshall.

Good lord.....just when I was almost able to tolerate Dookies again..........

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

At least Carolina isn't imploding like I suspected they might. After all, SOMEONE has to stop the University of New Jersey-Durham......

Did he really say that? 🤣 I’m not so sure those credits will transfer if he didn’t make it in Michigan. Michigan fans are furious with J Howard.
No, but it would be interesting to see if underwater basket weaving was a credited course at Duke 🤣

From what I’ve read this all about not being able to transfer due to admissions standards. Obviously fans are the dumbest people attached to a university, but how can they blame Howard for this? That said, why did it take two months to figure this out?

From what I’ve read this all about not being able to transfer due to admissions standards. Obviously fans are the dumbest people attached to a university, but how can they blame Howard for this? That said, why did it take two months to figure this out?

I think fans are disgruntled w/ Howard already. I don’t see how this would be his fault, but I guess people think he and Michigan didn’t do their due diligence and now they have a big problem with their roster next year.

Reactions: volfanbill
I think fans are disgruntled w/ Howard already. I don’t see how this would be his fault, but I guess people think he and Michigan didn’t do their due diligence and now they have a big problem with their roster next year.
Trying to do due diligence on an 18-year-old’s future academic success sounds like using a Magic 8-Ball. Maybe they should do what Pat did and require all their players to attend every class and sit in the front row, plus mandatory evening study hall.

I was in a summer giant Management class with Kara Lawson in the auditorium in Glocker. And there she was, every single day, front row.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Trying to do due diligence on an 18-year-old’s future academic success sounds like using a Magic 8-Ball. Maybe they should do what Pat did and require all their players to attend every class and sit in the front row, plus mandatory evening study hall.

I was in a summer giant Management class with Kara Lawson in the auditorium in Glocker. And there she was, every single day, front row.
Pat was from a different school of thought.

Plus This is a transfer from UNC who has already played 3 seasons. One would expect that a student from a “Public Ivy” university like UNC could transfer to another “Public Ivy” like Michigan.

Pat was from a different school of thought.

Plus This is a transfer from UNC who has already played 3 seasons. One would expect that a student from a “Public Ivy” university like UNC could transfer to another “Public Ivy” like Michigan.

Or maybe and we usually don’t disagree RDU but could it be that he just quit going to class and can’t even get Into Michigan

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Ok, rant of the day.

Why why why do people think it’s ok to cut me off and slam on brakes? I’m in a service truck pulling a damn Skid Steer. We ain’t stopping on a dime. I can’t just swerve and miss your Fiat. If I can’t stop I’m probably turning the car into lawn art and that means lights out for you. Your Starbucks coffee can wait another 10 minutes!

I know but it’s odd that he couldn’t get into UM. Guess he didn’t have enough real classes 😂
I think he probably quit going to classes this year. It makes you wonder if that stuff that was rumored to have happened was really true. Sounds like he had a rough year socially.

I hear what you’re saying about the Fiat. Those cars and mini coopers drive me insane. Why is it that every person that drives a damn mini cooper drives like they’re auditioning for the next Italian Job movie? Pisses me off.

Reactions: Pennheel
I might be wrong, but I don’t think that Love is the first prominent D1 athlete that attempted to transfer to Michigan and was denied admission.

Love going to ‘Zona. Never researched it, but I’ve read lots of stuff saying it isn’t incredibly hard to get in there… assume whatever you want there
Unbelievable. Duke plays Arizona in Durham this year. I think it’s the first game of the year.

Love going to ‘Zona. Never researched it, but I’ve read lots of stuff saying it isn’t incredibly hard to get in there… assume whatever you want there

He would have went to Louisville if it weren’t in the ACC. There I said it.

And it only further confirms that he stopped going to classes and/or they really offer underwater skydiving.

I don’t recall the guys name from sports radio here in Charlotte but he had the following to say about Sean May and Bacott:

I think Sean May is the worst position coach I’ve ever seen. So much so that I don’t think Bacott has memorized one post move in 4 years…

This was coming off the sudden change at UNCC.

That being said and let me start by saying I am a Heel through and through. I appreciate what May did while at Carolina (real classes or not). How on gods green earth does he come up in discussion for a HC spot? More importantly they seemed to be hinting at the fact that he could be Hubert’s eventual replacement should the train continue to derail… I’m not saying that it’s going to happen by any stretch but should the move happen just close the dome it’s been a hell of a run. @RDU VOL#14

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I don’t recall the guys name from sports radio here in Charlotte but he had the following to say about Sean May and Bacott:

I think Sean May is the worst position coach I’ve ever seen. So much so that I don’t think Bacott has memorized one post move in 4 years…

This was coming off the sudden change at UNCC.

That being said and let me start by saying I am a Heel through and through. I appreciate what May did while at Carolina (real classes or not). How on gods green earth does he come up in discussion for a HC spot? More importantly they seemed to be hinting at the fact that he could be Hubert’s eventual replacement should the train continue to derail… I’m not saying that it’s going to happen by any stretch but should the move happen just close the dome it’s been a hell of a run. @RDU VOL#14
I would love for Sean May to be the next head coach. Haha. I think this is a huge year for Hubert. Yes he did have that magical Final Four run, but he’s also been either an 8 or 9 seed or didn’t make the tournament after being preseason #1. I think he really needs to get UNC at worst to a 5 or 6 this season in the tournament and finish in the top 4 of the ACC. UNC had a good portal haul, they should be in pretty good shape talent wise, but if it doesn’t happen Hubert could be gone sooner rather than later. Wes Miller might be next in line.

VN Store

Back