Carlin Fils-aime returns

Not gonna lie, never understood why he doesn’t play more.

He runs well and gets good yardage every time he touches the ball

He's a good RB, but he's always been behind some tough competition. If he were playing for a team like Troy or MTSU or East Carolina, he might be the top option, but we've had Kamara, Hurd, John Kelly, Ty Chandler, and now Eric Gray on the roster while he's been here. I'm appreciative of him and he's a VFL for sure, but just been difficult for him to get a lot of playing time with the RBs we've had the past few years.

I also think the fact that he's not a good receiver might hold back his playing time. If you have 2 RBs that are relatively equal running the ball, but one is a huge threat in the passing game, as well, you go with the latter RB. Once again, we've had a lot of RBs that were good in the passing game the past few years (particularly Kamara, Hurd, and Chandler).

Would be very interesting if he redshirted this year with the 4-game rule and came back next year. Chandler may leave for the draft and CFA would likely get more carries next season if that were the case.

Last edited:
hope Carlin runs like he did at Naples...he was a pretty good HS player...hope he goes wild...:D

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT THE GATORS!

Reactions: A.J.
Fils-aime Expected to Return
The Vols could get a boost on the ground with the expected return of senior running back Carlin Fils-aime, who's been getting reps over the past few weeks.

"He started practicing kind of full-go a couple of weeks ago," Pruitt said. "As a running back, you want a guy to take some licks. You don't want a guy out there that hasn't had any contact with the football in his hands.

"Last year, he was a pretty good special teams' player for us. We moved him back to offense towards the end of the year. He is a guy that has some really good one-step quickness. He can get vertical and hit seams. He is back out there and he should be able to play this week."

In 2018, Fils-aime switched from corner to the running back group full time prior to the South Carolina game. The Naples, Florida native has amassed 309 rushing yards, five touchdowns and 5.9 yards-per-carry so far in his career.

I think it helps us more running the football. Welcome back!!

At times last year, Fils-aime looked like the quickest back we had and would definately be a boost to the Vols (save he fumbles as Pruitt elluded to)

At times last year, Fils-aime looked like the quickest back we had and would definately be a boost to the Vols (save he fumbles as Pruitt elluded to)
I agree, he looked really fast, but if he does play, he has to hold on to the football in this game.

VN Store

Back