Captain Hook and His Supporting Cast - The Upcoming Season

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
The Captain wants to win games, so does his supporting cast. They sound fully fueled, with engines revving, ready to go. This season implies excitement we Vol'ers haven't experienced for ages. May that be the case, as fans we're certainly primed for that.

Source: Hooker, Vols looking to ‘win ballgames’ this season

Thanks for posting.

We can expect good things this year. I wonder how great our offense can be.

Not sure I like the nickname “Captain Hook” for Hooker. Didn’t Captain Hook get mangled by a crocodile (gator relative)?

I haven't been as ready for the season to start as I am for this year. I want our defense to improve and our running to get better.

The defense MUST improve this year. They should in the second year. It was painful watching games last year and opponents constantly converting 3rd and long. And on 4th down. Red zone offense MUST improve. If nothing else stop the stupid penalties close to the goal line.

Not sure I like the nickname “Captain Hook” for Hooker. Didn’t Captain Hook get mangled by a crocodile (gator relative)?

Well..., I come up with nicknames because I simply enjoy doing so. Not meaning to be offensive; I don't really care if they take, are liked, disliked, or whatever by anyone else. I just do it because I like doing it. A lot of folks didn't like my referring to Josh Dobbs as The Dobbgoblin either, but I liked the similar phonetics of his name with Spider-man villain, Hobgoblin. Plus, Dobbs villainized quite a few of our opponents. Before he left, I called Riley Ferguson, Rifleman Riley, There was Whirlwind Worley, and Peter Pumpkin, and now, it's Captain Hook, which is better than my calling him *The Hooker. I'm just crazy that way.

*HOOKER. A resident of the Hook, i.e. a strumpet, a sailor's trull. So called from the number of houses of ill-fame frequented by sailors at the Hook (i.e. Corlear's Hook) in the city of New York. [John Russell Bartlett, "Dictionary of Americanisms," [1859]

Meanwhile:
CaptainHookertxt.png

Last edited:

VN Store

Back