Captain Hook and His Supporting Cast - The Upcoming Season

WoodsmanVol

It requires wisdom to understand wisdom
The Captain wants to win games, so does his supporting cast. They sound fully fueled, with engines revving, ready to go. This season implies excitement we Vol'ers haven't experienced for ages. May that be the case, as fans we're certainly primed for that.

Source: Hooker, Vols looking to ‘win ballgames’ this season

SpookyAction

I haven't been as ready for the season to start as I am for this year. I want our defense to improve and our running to get better.
Our ground game could improve, but it was actually pretty good. If the offense maintains and defense improves, and special teams perform well, we have the golden ticket.

WoodsmanVol

It requires wisdom to understand wisdom
Not sure I like the nickname “Captain Hook” for Hooker. Didn’t Captain Hook get mangled by a crocodile (gator relative)?
Well..., I come up with nicknames because I simply enjoy doing so. Not meaning to be offensive; I don't really care if they take, are liked, disliked, or whatever by anyone else. I just do it because I like doing it. A lot of folks didn't like my referring to Josh Dobbs as The Dobbgoblin either, but I liked the similar phonetics of his name with Spider-man villain, Hobgoblin. Plus, Dobbs villainized quite a few of our opponents. Before he left, I called Riley Ferguson, Rifleman Riley, There was Whirlwind Worley, and Peter Pumpkin, and now, it's Captain Hook, which is better than my calling him *The Hooker. I'm just crazy that way.

*HOOKER. A resident of the Hook, i.e. a strumpet, a sailor's trull. So called from the number of houses of ill-fame frequented by sailors at the Hook (i.e. Corlear's Hook) in the city of New York. [John Russell Bartlett, "Dictionary of Americanisms," [1859]

Meanwhile:
CaptainHookertxt.png

Last edited:

VN Store