Candidates to replace David Johnson?

Just left the Browns as a
defensive analyst. Head Coach and general manager in Canadian league and won a grey cup. Was defensive coach of year twice in the CFL. He has ties with CP.
That has SEC RB coach written all over it. Git'r done!

That has SEC RB coach written all over it. Git'r done!
I guess your being sarcastic. There is such a thing as moving Coaches around once you get them on board. Chris has alot of contacts with HS coaches in the south. I think you will hear his name mentioned pretty soon.

I guess your being sarcastic. There is such a thing as moving Coaches around once you get them on board. Chris has alot of contacts with HS coaches in the south. I think you will hear his name mentioned pretty soon.
I bet we don't, outside of you.

Well here’s my short list:

1. Cole Desack
2. Dan Druff
3. Jim Givitis
4. Rip Taffartz
5. Rowan Deboate
6. Titus Camby

I played high school ball with McClendon. Would love to have him on staff. He has HUGE ties in the Atlanta area.

Reactions: BristolVol
any one think we make a hire this week so the new coach can be here this weekend with the junior day coming up?
Would have been nice to have our OC hired this time last year...in their own time.

Well here’s my short list:

1. Cole Desack
2. Dan Druff
3. Jim Givitis
4. Rip Taffartz
5. Rowan Deboate
6. Titus Camby

giphy.gif

Good list....I would throw Chris Jones name in the hat.
Appreciate your input/information. Seems plausible; you never know the links/relationships coaches form along the way.
Edit: it looks like Jones and Pruitt were GA's together at AL in 1997.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mccage
Who ya got?

New name on coaching board - Dustin Royston, currently MTSU D-line coach and recruiting co-ordinator. Played as walk-on at UGA and worked at Alabama as consultant while Pruitt was there. Has big ties in Georgia where his
Father was very successful HS coach.

Reactions: butchna
Just saw where another TxAM RB is hitting the transfer portal...leaves only 1 back on the current roster...wonder if this is a symptom of sitting behind a good/great back with two decent freshmen incoming OR are there issues with Jay Graham and his style not fitting ???

VN Store

Back