Candace speaking her truth

I see on espn.com that Bueckers and Fudd have both signed lucrative endorsement deals. Can this be the new uCon recruiting tool? "Come to uCon and we'll get you big bucks!" Anybody seen anything about deals for any of the superior South Carolina players? Aliyah Boston anyone?

I see on espn.com that Bueckers and Fudd have both signed lucrative endorsement deals. Can this be the new uCon recruiting tool? "Come to uCon and we'll get you big bucks!" Anybody seen anything about deals for any of the superior South Carolina players? Aliyah Boston anyone?
Boston has signed two or three deals already don't think they are as big as Beuckers has signed but she has some already in place.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Boston has signed two or three deals already don't think they are as big as Beuckers has signed but she has some already in place.
thanks for the info --- I wonder if someone has started a Web page devoted to reporting on the endorsement deals signed by college athletes?

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
thanks for the info --- I wonder if someone has started a Web page devoted to reporting on the endorsement deals signed by college athletes?
Sure there is somewhere at least for the bigger deals. Twitter has a person that tweets deals as they occur, but it is mostly football players. A gymnast signed a million dollar deal which was a surprise to me since that is not a well followed sport. In a sense every college athlete has somewhat of a deal if any place or company sells anything with your name on it or your autograph on it you get some payment. The big name players will profit bigtime surprised Fudd is doing so well without doing that much on the court, but her name is out there for the last year or two.

I said it when this thing started that one school maybe more advantage than other schools, and may use it as recruiting tools.

Reactions: Hoosier
I said it when this thing started that one school maybe more advantage than other schools, and may use it as recruiting tools.

School doesn't matter, it's the individual. Look at those 2 twins that were the first out of the gate. I don't even remember the name of that mid-major they came from.

Like it or not, looks matter...and by default, the players that sign NILs will probably be blessed with talent AND a certain look. Let's just say that if today's NIL rules existed in past years, players like Te'a Cooper, DiDi Richards and Chelsea Dungee would have made bank.

Reactions: stllvf
School doesn't matter, it's the individual. Look at those 2 twins that were the first out of the gate. I don't even remember the name of that mid-major they came from.

Like it or not, looks matter...and by default, the players that sign NILs will probably be blessed with talent AND a certain look. Let's just say that if today's NIL rules existed in past years, players like Te'a Cooper, DiDi Richards and Chelsea Dungee would have made bank.

Bringing it back to Candace (since this is a thread about her) she would have made bank as well! Big time 🏦

Bringing it back to Candace (since this is a thread about her) she would have made bank as well! Big time 🏦
With her looks, skillset, hype, and publicity from the dunk contest...no doubt. It's a shame schools were the ones to make $$$ off the students while they were being scrutinized with an eagle eye.

With her looks, skillset, hype, and publicity from the dunk contest...no doubt. It's a shame schools were the ones to make $$$ off the students while they were being scrutinized with an eagle eye.

This is so true!

A know a lot of people consider Geno as the greatest women’s basketball coach of all times, however, I do not. Does he have more championships than my choice Pat, of course he does, but he lacks the class and character she had. He lacks the fairness that she had. In addition, he did not make the game what it is today, that honor goes to Pat. She bought the game to television, brought it respect and saved the game for what it is today. So the top G.O.A.T. among woman’s college basketball coaches stands along in the name of Pat Summitt.

Candace still living in the Connies heads ... So Candace can't comment on someone she played years with and became family with 😂😂😂

Phew... that dunk did more damage than we thought 😂

View attachment 416427

Omitting Parker is a bad call by USA Basketball

Here's a reminder with facts. These people have no idea how to be objective. Through 2014 Parker was huge part of USA Basketball. In 2014 She withdrew from the USA pool of players along with Catchings. Both were injured. Parker had surgery on her knee. In 2010 Parker needed shoulder surgery. She wanted to wait until end of season but had it in season after injuring her shoulder again. Parker was. one of the top players in the world. Does anyone really think this would happen if this was USA Mens basketball telling Curry, Davis or Tatum or Wade they didn't make the cut ? LMAO Now be objective and look at her participation with the facts.

• Played on the 2003 and 2004 USA Junior Team -Averaged 16.6 points per game as a member of the USA Women’s U18 team which won gold at the FIBA Americas Championship in 2004
  • Earned gold at the USA World University Games Team in 2005
  • Played at 2006 World Championships
  • Payed for the 2007 FIBA America Cup team
  • Played on Team USA in the 2008 Beijing Olympics and won her first gold medal
  • Participated in 2009 USA Basketball Camp
  • Participated with USA Basketball in 2009 UMMC Ekaterinburg International Invitational, 2008 FIBA Diamond Ball Tournament and 2006 Opals World Challenge.
  • Played on Team USA in the 2012 London Olympics, leading the team in rebounds and blocks en route to another gold medal
  • Participated with Team USA in 2015 European Tour
  • Participated in summer of 2016 USA training camp

Glad she said it.

Have said it before, I feel like this incident was the most glaring example of sexism and racism in the sport. And Geno got a total pass, everyone just acted like Candace was crazy and obviously she sucked or something. Or tried to say it wasn’t him. Plus they were exploiting her by having already used her image and likeness in all the ads but then left her off the roster. Wtf?

This situation made my blood boil. He was (and still is) just a small, mad, old, white man who was incredulous that anyone dare not worship the ground he walked on. When you’re dealing with the pros whether you “like” one another doesn’t matter one bit. Candace didn’t need his approval, not then and not now. No love lost between the two, but you don’t leave the best basketball player off the Olympic team. Period. Like she said, triple dub at camp, it wasn’t about anything on the court. Little man couldn’t handle a woman who knows herself and is confident in that.

Just like he couldn’t handle Pat.

I’d be careful with the “ he couldn’t handle Pat” theme. I can’t stand the guy but he was 4-0 against her in National championship games.

VN Store

Back