Can you teach a QB touch???

DickeyD

Is this teachable? I don't know but I would have set up some kind of high bar in practice for him to throw up and over to help him with this issue. I guess a lot of drop shot practicing??? into buckets or something from multiple distances??

Seriously, I always believed JG played like he was playing backyard ball in the neighborhood where he was the best athlete by far and could do anything he wanted, and it worked. He never got over that and psychologically refused to believe it didn't still work at the D1 SEC level.

But that's just an opinion.

Unfortunately there seems to be a comparison with Milton and JG. Both are great practice players but cannot transfer it to game day. We just have to hope our new coach is not like Pruitt and be so stubborn he won't bench him when needed. Which may be now.

Unfortunately there seems to be a comparison with Milton and JG. Both are great practice players but cannot transfer it to game day. We just have to hope our new coach is not like Pruitt and be so stubborn he won't bench him when needed. Which may be now.

This is my thought.........when the lights come on they cant perform........Heupel better figure it out real quick because Volnation has little to no fuse left and they will turn on him quickly. Certainly quicker than our last 3 coaches. We've seen this song and dance before.

There was hype video before the season started and it showed Milton throwing a long pass for a TD. Not saying it didn't take multiple times to get the shot LOL but he did it and CJH said he's making the passes and plays in practice.

I don't know...may be Milton needs to go see a sports shrink , wearing that Red shirt may be giving him the confidence he needs knowing he won't be hit. Then game time...locks up

No clue but I did see more air under his ball last week game compared to the BG game so I think he's open to learning.
Still think my suggestion to rollout 5-10yrd backwards and then throw fixes his long ball though🤣🤣

He did elevate better this past week, but touch is also just a God-given talent. The elevation this past week did nothing to help the overthrows, which were still way off.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I heard Anige say the other day it is not teachable. You either have touch or you do not.

As Master Yoda say's "either do or do not, there is no try"

I don't know. I think you can learn touch. You just have to know what it feels like to get you to where you want to go.
Just like in golf. Some people use a clock time and a certain clock position with X power will get me X yards.
I worked on my touch for off the green pitch and chips shots by doing an under hand throw as if I was tossing a golf ball and how hard I had to toss in order to get it to land where I wanted.
I don't have to do the under handed thing now because now I know what a shot feels like that I want to attempt. Works for me

You might improve it a bit with practice but you have it or don't have it.
A coach can't make a peach from a turnip.
Coach worship fanatics now tell us new coach is a QB whisperer.
Last coach was a defensive guru.
Hornblower had an unstoppable offense.

If you want peaches you buy peaches
We buy turnips and get turnips.
Jimmies and Joes.
Until we buy much better talent we will never improve.

Milton has played for Michigan and Tennessee,he hasn't changed so I doubt he will ever!
He threw with touch in high school. I don’t know what was taught after but it’s almost like he’s so afraid to under throw and get intercepted that he’s throwing it so only Michael the Arc angel can catch it.

I think we should define what "QB Touch" actually means? Is it the same as accuracy?
Really depends on what’s being taught, is he taught to throw to a specific spot on the field which is what it looks like right now or is he taught to lead the receiver. One basically ensures it can’t be intercepted but who knows.

Is this teachable? I don't know but I would have set up some kind of high bar in practice for him to throw up and over to help him with this issue. I guess a lot of drop shot practicing??? into buckets or something from multiple distances??

The question is can you teach a QB to use the same touch during the game that he does in practice? I mean practice warriors are great and we have had our fair share. I don’t care that you can drop a ball into a receiver down field with the touch of an angel during practice if you can’t do during a game.

No. Not Milton. Dude was a dud at Michigan and low and behold, no better here.

Milton will just always throw the ball too damn hard. No way around it. Sometimes even if it's on target it will be dropped. The coaches will probably stick with him though, the way the other staff did with JG because he is good in "practice".
Disagree, Heupel made a change after 3 games and started Dillon Gabriel for UCF. History doesn’t support your theory at all.

The question is can you teach a QB to use the same touch during the game that he does in practice? I mean practice warriors are great and we have had our fair share. I don’t care that you can drop a ball into a receiver down field with the touch of an angel during practice if you can’t do during a game.

In practice they have the red jersey and know they can't be hit. Send him to a sports doc to try to get out of his head or better yet get Cam to call him up and say man stop over throwing those balls and run like a man.
Don't tell people you pattern your game after mine playing the way you do, now lets go buy some snazzy hats🤣

VN Store

Back