can we stop recruiting mississippi jucos?

Midfielder10

Loves Hot Sauce
Lost autry, otis jacobs and probably damien jacobs after all had recently committed to the coaches.

I dont understand why Otis would commit to us just a few short days ago and then sign with TAMU. Does not make the least bit of sense. He should have just waited until today to announce anything period.

The mood fits the weather right now here in Knoxville. Just don't understand why D-Lineman don't want to come here.

We may get a player here and there like Lanier. But, I was lambasted for saying we should concentrate elsewhere because of these shady coaches in Mississippi at the Jucos. Who may we have lost while wasting time and money on these overblown egotistical two year players. I am not saying no jucos. I am saying no jucos in Mississippi. I am afraid we had a few too many eggs in these baskets and came up pretty empty. We better coach some guys up.

Reactions: 1 person
I dont understand why Otis would commit to us just a few short days ago and then sign with TAMU. Does not make the least bit of sense. He should have just waited until today to announce anything period.

He is either a punk or A&M did something dirty to get him.

As I recall, we started backed away from Damien Jacobs a couple of weeks ago. You don't want to take a JUCO unless they can be a starter from day 1. I don't think that was the case for either of the Jacobs. Autry would have been a starter but we just lost the recruiting battle for him (also last week's news).

In general, I prefer to stick to the high school guys. They teach you how to smoke in Junior College

Because he is a...

the-3-secrets-to-the-perfect-outfit-douchbag-accessorize-demotivational-poster-1275592683.jpg

$%&* these p*ssies. If they don't have the balls to step and be men of their words then they don't deserve to be here at UT. Unfortunately their playing careers will turn out to be what they are good at " a waste of time".

Reactions: 2 people
We may get a player here and there like Lanier. But, I was lambasted for saying we should concentrate elsewhere because of these shady coaches in Mississippi at the Jucos. Who may we have lost while wasting time and money on these overblown egotistical two year players. I am not saying no jucos. I am saying no jucos in Mississippi. I am afraid we had a few too many eggs in these baskets and came up pretty empty. We better coach some guys up.

Hey, they aren't ALL shady! My advice to Dooley would be to recruit Itawamba Community College in Fulton, MS

P.S. I f Damien Jacobs can't be a standup a guy either and wants to play for Muschamp then I say get the Hell out! Quit beating around the Bush and do it.

Considering there are fans insane enough out there to call a recruit 24/7 which you can guarantee has happened, the guy's probably just tired of answering his phone.

$%&* these p*ssies. If they don't have the balls to step and be men of their words then they don't deserve to be here at UT. Unfortunately their playing careers will turn out to be what they are good at " a waste of time".

That's because Sentimore is a p@#$y too.

:question::dunno::no::unsure:

Last edited:
All the so called "recruiting insiders" lose their credibility after this. Im tired of getting sunshine pumped up my a$$ and then being disappointed when things go the exact opposite of how they are predicting to be.

All the so called "recruiting insiders" lose their credibility after this. Im tired of getting sunshine pumped up my a$$ and then being disappointed when things go the exact opposite of how they are predicting to be.

In sales they say customers are liars....the lies start from the moment they are greeted...in this case the recruits are the customers :good!: :eek:k:

You just now learning that? You can get the same "inside info" from Google. All smoke and mirrors imho.

Not necessarily. Remember that any information these guys are getting comes likely from coaches or staff members, not the kids.

Based on so many people saying the same thing, Id guess all these guys probably were committed to us at some point. Coaches may be freaking out as bad as we are.

Last edited:

but when they switch to UT then all is good and dandy?!?! you can't have it both ways! It happens get over it and move on.

VN Store

Back