Can We Retain Henry T and QC

More likely that you're 19 or 20 years old, pissed that your coach got fired, and made a rash decision and rushed into something. And then maybe someone advised you that the grass isn't always greener, and that maybe that coach you were told would get you to the NFL wasn't going to, and maybe you need to slow your roll before you move on. And maybe figure out how you fit in the new system.

It's why young men fight wars while old men tell them to.

I’ve considered that as well having a college aged athlete for a son. They live in the moment and don’t always look at the big picture.

Either way, volnation saying F off is ill conceived, premature and character revealing. Methinks they’ve never been more than a fan.

I’ve considered that as well having a college aged athlete for a son. They live in the moment and don’t always look at the big picture.

Either way, volnation saying F off is ill conceived, premature and character revealing. Methinks they’ve never been more than a fan.
Most fans are fans.

I thought his dad came out and said he didn't say all that.... notvsure wher I rad it..but I'm pretty sure I saw it somewhere....
IIRC his dad made a comment squashing that and it was never said or taken out of context but who really knows.

HT was my favorite player last year on defense and I never questioned the kids heart when he was on the field...if I was a bettin man, which I am, I bet he returns to rocky top this year in O&W
I think HB leaving is more likely, and no I don’t have any substance to why...just a feeling haha

If these two guys really wanted to leave I would think they’d be gone by now. Surely there are teams interested in both.

I have no problem with these players leaving. I wish them well and don't let the door hit them on the way out. Being a Vol is more to be proud of than not. If you don't want to play here and be part of our Vol family, so be it. They're not hurting my feelings. The players who have chosen to stay here have the kind of character that represents the Vols. There are a ton of quality players who would love to be a Vol. Our program will be back and these egos will be just a memory, regrettable memory.

Honestly, I would rather be discussing the changes we will see in spring practice, the future offense, the future defense, and the team leaders.

i agree

Maybe, just maybe, they weren't paid. Maybe they were sold something by the previous coaches and all the way up to the firings, they believed them.

Then the coaches get fired, the players in question then feel misled by many including the former AD, so they are hurt and confused. Then the new AD is hired followed somewhat closely by the HC, but it takes a bit of time to get the offensive staff in place, and even now the whole defensive staff has not been announced.

I don't fault them at all for being concerned about their own well-being.

All of us fans who want to crucify these kids are thinking that we, as fans, are loyal to Tennessee, through thick and thin, so why aren't the players?

That is not fair. QC and HT have given more for Tennessee than most of the fans on this site combined. Sure they are getting an education, but these guys have a legitimate chance at playing in NFL. They were duped by the previous staff and only have 2 years to get it right and any mistakes along the way could cost them millions of dollars.

Who are we to question their motives? They are very very competitive players. If they are here next Fall, they will be giving it their all.

Let me ask you one question. Where is your loyalty to these kids? You judge them now without knowing what their motives are. Perhaps they have simply wanted to know who their LB coach is. He hasn't even been announced as far as I can tell. He has been rumored to be hired, perhaps 2 days ago.

I love the UT fans who support coaches and players when everything is going well, but when there are difficulties, they sell them down the river. These decisions are bigger than anything the vast majority of UT students and certainly fans ever had to make regarding their schooling or school.

Somewhat asked in a thread what team would you follow if UT disbanded the team. I wouldn't follow any other team. I am Tennessee fan and have been since the late 80's as a child.

Reactions: Remy
How do you think we end up record wise next year LWS?

way, way too early to predict that.. roster still going to have significant changes before fall. That is true for those schools we have on schedule. Just far too soon to think about.

We lost three players out our signing class in the last few days. Hard to know how many other players may leave after spring. Who UT might take from portal.

Reactions: VolBallGuy
Please correct me if I’m wrong. When Tee was playing didn’t someone ( I think a booster ) had his car fixed for him? Again I may be wrong if I am I’m sorry
Tee's mom worked for a woman in Mobile for years while Tee was growing up. That lady gave Tee an old but serviceable car out of gratitude for his mom's service. The lady was a Vol fan, but other than that had no connection to UT. Alabama fans compared her to Logan Young, the infamous Bama booster. Doug Dickey flew to Mobile to interview the lady and found no wrongdoing, because there wasn't any. She was so "connected" that she couldn't even get tickets to the Vols/LSU game in 2000. I got some for her so she could attend the game. BTW, Trey Wallace's family was also very close to Tee's family. They arranged for my son and I to meet Tee right after the '98 championship where he signed all kinds of memorabilia.

Reactions: kcvols1
Huh? But if they remain here, it’s because they want to be here. We need talented players.
Huh?? If they wanted to be here they wouldn't have entered the portal. Isn't the portal where players go that want to play for another team?

Yes if it will eventually catch up to us and set our program back even more years then yes remove them all.

The athletes having taken money arent what gets you in trouble...the coaches and boosters handing it out...thata the issue that is punishable

All of the colleges are cheating so there will obviously still be winners and losers that cheat
Man, not everybody cheats equally.

Cam Newton got 100k in 2010
National Championship

Henry T got 50k, supposedly.
---- uhmm....

I mean, damn....

Man, not everybody cheats equally.

Cam Newton got 100k in 2010
National Championship

Henry T got 50k, supposedly.
---- uhmm....

I mean, damn....
Cam got 250,000 dollars....... I am confident Rodney Garner will funnell money to players much better than the previous staff.

Read an article saying HT is waiting to see what the NCAA says about having to sit out if they transfer. If NCAA rules no year waiting period he’s gone. Has to sit out will play then go to NFL. No idea if this is true but makes sense mechanically.

If this is really true then he can kick rocks

Reactions: GoVols64
HT was my favorite player last year on defense and I never questioned the kids heart when he was on the field...if I was a bettin man, which I am, I bet he returns to rocky top this year in O&W
I think HB leaving is more likely, and no I don’t have any substance to why...just a feeling haha
At least you admit your claim is baseless

TBH I hope not. Maybe I'm old school but if a player doesn't want to be here and give his all then he should go elsewhere. It better for all parties involved. Didn't HTs dad run his mouth about UT?
You can’t blame HT for his dad’s big mouth. I do agree with you in that if a player signals he doesn’t want to be here, bye.

Reactions: ProudVOLfan

VN Store

Back