Can We Retain Henry T and QC

Read an article saying HT is waiting to see what the NCAA says about having to sit out if they transfer. If NCAA rules no year waiting period he’s gone. Has to sit out will play then go to NFL. No idea if this is true but makes sense mechanically.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
With our D staff? Apparently Michigan was one of HT’s top 4 schools to transfer to and we just stole their LB coach who is a great recruiter apparently. I wonder if that has a lot to do with why we chose him. Or at least factors in. Thoughts?

If they go or if they stay? Not my choice. That is in their hands, and those within the program. Both those young men need to do what is best for them right now. If they stay, I hope the three ring circus and clown show we have experienced for far too long is finally in capable hands. And if they transfer, I hope their next stop works out for them.

Please correct me if I’m wrong. When Tee was playing didn’t someone ( I think a booster ) had his car fixed for him? Again I may be wrong if I am I’m sorry

There was a big deal made about that as I recall. Auburn wanted Tee really bad.

Go VOLS

With our D staff? Apparently Michigan was one of HT’s top 4 schools to transfer to and we just stole their LB coach who is a great recruiter apparently. I wonder if that has a lot to do with why we chose him. Or at least factors in. Thoughts?
You may not have meant that he was... but Jean-Mary was only with Michigan this past season. I believe he was at USF when HT was a recruit.

Reactions: vegasvolfan

Have a chance with Crouch.. Henry won't be back

Please correct me if I’m wrong. When Tee was playing didn’t someone ( I think a booster ) had his car fixed for him? Again I may be wrong if I am I’m sorry

it was a lady he knew in Mobile who was a Tennessee fan. She was someone Tee had known for many years which is why the whole issue was tossed.

Reactions: coachputmein
Read an article saying HT is waiting to see what the NCAA says about having to sit out if they transfer. If NCAA rules no year waiting period he’s gone. Has to sit out will play then go to NFL. No idea if this is true but makes sense mechanically.

he will go to Alabama or Ohio St.. depending on getting to play right away... Prefers Bama

Reactions: GoVols64
They want to be here, but they want the best for their future. It's a tough decision for them. Their parents are only trying to show their kids they support them . . . even if it seems "off" to the fans.

Reactions: vegasvolfan
You may not have meant that he was... but Jean-Mary was only with Michigan this past season. I believe he was at USF when HT was a recruit.
Right but he was going to be HT’s coach this year had he not come here. Now he is if he stays.

I have no problem with these players leaving. I wish them well and don't let the door hit them on the way out. Being a Vol is more to be proud of than not. If you don't want to play here and be part of our Vol family, so be it. They're not hurting my feelings. The players who have chosen to stay here have the kind of character that represents the Vols. There are a ton of quality players who would love to be a Vol. Our program will be back and these egos will be just a memory, regrettable memory.

Honestly, I would rather be discussing the changes we will see in spring practice, the future offense, the future defense, and the team leaders.

**** any player that came to UT for the money and nothing else.Honestly, how could you look your teammates in the face after getting implicated in something like that and try to come back? It would be a slap in the face to anybody who didn’t get paid and worked their *** off. These guys just get to walk back into that locker room? If I’m a leader on this team, I have a players only meeting and make them come up and lay everything out and tell everyone how it’s going to be different.

Last edited:
Retain them? Heck no. We don't want them. Encourage them to find another team and get out.

No no no! We do not need to try and retain Henry T. Everyone needs to understand that ship has sailed. He does not want to finish his career on a team that is on probation. I’d bet he came here and took improper benefits to do it. It’s over with him, please let him just go away. In before the haters, I was as big of a Henry T fan as anyone. His dad’s comments told us he would not be coming back.

Last edited:
If they took 💰 or had anything to do with the MCDONALDS “have it your way” bag passing I for one don’t want them back.

That McDonald's thing has yet to even be proven and was mentioned without any proof..Highly doubt it ever happened..That way atleast..

Reactions: swampfoxfan

It was a childhood friends parent that he had proved to show a prior relationship with. The guy was a bammer and worked for a Mobile newspaper. Was Alabama trying to pay Fulmer back for his actions against their cheating.

You guys need to quit running these kids for taking the money - damn near all of them do it. Some kids aren’t approached with money because the schools know they’ll have no chance - but almost all of these kids take the cash. It is totally normal and has been a part of CFB since forever. It just sucks when a school is stupid like UT was here. You don’t think Tee Martin and Jamal Lewis got paid? The difference is it was done correctly.
Jamal lewis got paid for sure. Tee probably didnt see money until 98

TBH I hope not. Maybe I'm old school but if a player doesn't want to be here and give his all then he should go elsewhere. It better for all parties involved. Didn't HTs dad run his mouth about UT?

We definitely could use him IMO he plays a lot like Colton Jumper makes a lot of tackles CJ was a 4.6 Forty which made it hard to cover the Slant and TE but both a step slow both are tackling machines and maybe with a new DC Totoo can at least mitigate those issues he does still have 2 years. As small as he is would think he would be faster, I think that was the off season ideal, he shed some pounds to be able to move faster but it made him smaller and no speed change to the eye test. I hope he stays but only if he's all in.

If they took 💰 or had anything to do with the MCDONALDS “have it your way” bag passing I for one don’t want them back.

You do realize this wasnt limited ti a small nmber of players? That most kids on on most power 5 rosters are getting some kind of "McDonald's bag" benefits?

Reactions: SCRocket

VN Store

Back