Cam Sutton with the interception tonight

I think they also keep 4 QBs. Dobbs is far too talented to think you can stash on your practice squad. They can't cut Rudolph because they just drafted him. They would look like idiots if they did that. Landry Jones is a veteran who has played a couple of regular season games so knowing how conservative NFL teams are, its unlikely given Big Ben's injury history that the Steelers would go into the season with 2 guys at backup QB that have never played in a regular season NFL game.

So you're right. They will be forced to keep 4 QBs as long as Dobbs looks like he did last night. Which is a guy oozing with talent.

If Dobbs plays well through the entire preseason, I actually would cut Jones and go with the two young guys.

Or, he had confidence he could make the throw for the TD. Trying to make the team, he has to show the coaches he is the right choice for the job.

Lol y'all are ridiculous. I said everything about his Mechanics on that play were great even the throw was great. However, if that would have been against starters it wouldn't of been completed. He stared that receiver down and had two wide open receivers he could of hit. In this case it worked and that's good for him. I think Dobbs is a good QB.

My bet is they try to trade Dobbs or Landry .... and see what teams will give them. No way do they start the season with 4 active QBs.

Reactions: TennMan101
Mason Rudolph is Trent Edwards 2.0. He's nothing more than a backup QB. Dobbs is far more talented. And he showed that tonight with that bullet pass from 35 yards out for the TD.

If the Steelers choose Rudolph over Dobbs they will regret that decision for decades.

It will likely be Landry Jones who gets cut from the team with his salary. Dobbs will be the. 2nd string until 2019 or 2020 season when Rudolph becomes the 2nd string, then Dobbs moves on

It will likely be Landry Jones who gets cut from the team with his salary. Dobbs will be the. 2nd string until 2019 or 2020 season when Rudolph becomes the 2nd string, then Dobbs moves on

LOL. When will ya'll realize Mason Rudolph is trash. He's just a backup. Once Dobbs gets his chance to start in a real NFL game, he'll never give that job up. Just like he never gave up the Tennessee job after he got his shot in 2014.

If there was any indication as to the type of defensive player second-year cornerback Cameron Sutton can be for the Pittsburgh Steelers defense, Thursday’s performance against the defending Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles gave us a small sample but a very good. Prior to training camp, Sutton was heralded for his versatility. In reviewing his performance Thursday, not only was his versatility on full display, he demonstrated the types of skills necessary to be the type of playmaker the Steelers secondary has been waiting.

Analyzing Cameron Sutton’s Performance Against The Eagles

If there was any indication as to the type of defensive player second-year cornerback Cameron Sutton can be for the Pittsburgh Steelers defense, Thursday’s performance against the defending Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles gave us a small sample but a very good. Prior to training camp, Sutton was heralded for his versatility. In reviewing his performance Thursday, not only was his versatility on full display, he demonstrated the types of skills necessary to be the type of playmaker the Steelers secondary has been waiting.

Analyzing Cameron Sutton’s Performance Against The Eagles

Cam Sutton will be a Pro Bowl caliber CB for the next 10 years. He's that good.

Potential Hall of Famer.

While it is awesome to see these former Tennessee players doing great, it is kind of depressing to think of all that talent that was squandered under Lyle's regime.

My thoughts exactly! So much of a waste. I will admit though that the entire time Lyle was here I was in full support of him and thought that he was our guy.

I had a friend tell me after year 3 that he will never win big here and he needs to go.... I argued and argued with him. Turns out he was right and I was wrong. I will eat my crow now and go on.

Im sure a lot of people felt the same way that I did. Most will probably not admit it but I will. I got it wrong and we should have cut him loose after the train wreck of his 3rd year. We should have played in the SECCG that year.

VN Store

Back