Cam Sutton with the interception tonight

Dobbs with a TD pass

Glad that was a TD but he had 2 other receivers wide open. (Pressure might have kept him from seeing it) One just stood there lol. Anyways that was a perfect ball. Great pass protection as well and nice movement by Dobbs in the pocket.

Reactions: OneVolNation
That was a pretty throw.

Yup. That's called ELITE arm strength. Not many QBs can rip it like that from 35 yards out. That was a bullet.

Dobbs arm is significantly stronger than Mason Rudolph and Landry Jones. The media has been mentioning this during training camp. And obviously Dobbs showed it off tonight.

Yup. That's called ELITE arm strength. Not many QBs can rip it like that from 35 yards out. That was a bullet.

Dobbs arm is significantly stronger than Mason Rudolph and Landry Jones. The media has been mentioning this during training camp. And obviously Dobbs showed it off tonight.

Doesn't matter how much "elite" arm strength you have, it matters if he can make plays consistently without turning the ball over.

Freak, why does this appear with your video uploads?v Red and brackets are for emphasis. [No video with supported format and MIME found]

Freak, why does this appear with your video uploads?v Red and brackets are for emphasis. [No video with supported format and MIME found]
My best guess is your browser isn't set up to handle mp4 video, but I'm not certain.

Are you using Firefox by chance?

My best guess is your browser isn't set up to handle mp4 video, but I'm not certain.

Are you using Firefox by chance?

Yes Firefox. If my browser as you suggest and after a bit of exploring myself, cease right there. You're a forum owner/manager, I wouldn't presume to try making you tech support. So seems it's on my end, I'll deal with it.

For anyone else having this issue here's a link. Basically Mozilla no longer directly supports mp4. It seems a 32 bit version helps. I don't personally think it's worth the hassle. Mainly because most of the time VN vidoes work when one of my video drivers kick in later to allow viewing. The link: The option to open a mp4 file with Firefox is no longer available since changed to 64 bit, how to fix | Firefox Support Forum | Mozilla Support

Update for those who have this issue. Right click on the video area. Select VIEW VIDEO. Video will play full screen but take you out of the VN page. When done, select your BACK arrow and you're back at the VN page.

Last edited:
Guys, Kelly did good with Rams. J Malone did well with Bengals. Peterman had good stats. Bray had good stats
Dobbs? Josh Smith? Jumper? Vickers? Burnett? Patterson? Stocker?

Dobbs threw a touchdown last night with the Steelers and had more completions and scores than Rudolph and more completions and yards than Landry Jones who also had a touchdown.

Glad that was a TD but he had 2 other receivers wide open. (Pressure might have kept him from seeing it) One just stood there lol. Anyways that was a perfect ball. Great pass protection as well and nice movement by Dobbs in the pocket.
I wonder how many people on here after watching that play were looking for faults in Dobbs' execution? Sometimes it's best to just let it go and enjoy that one of our favorite sons had a great play..

I wonder how many people on here after watching that play were looking for faults in Dobbs' execution? Sometimes it's best to just let it go and enjoy that one of our favorite sons had a great play..

Hmm only negative thing I said was he had 2 other people open?

Steelers have set themselves up for a lot of second guessing. They can’t cut the guy they just drafted in the 3rd round.

But, they will get all kinds of heat if they cut a second-year player they drafted in the 4th round just one year ago. Especially when that player is showing potential.

So, keep 4 QBs, which hurts your overall depth. OR, ask yourself this question: If BR goes down, is Landry Jones capable of going off like Nick Foles and winning the Super Bowl? If that answer is no (and it is BTW), then you keep BR and the two young guns, cut Jones, and pray for an injury free season for BR.

Steelers have set themselves up for a lot of second guessing. They can’t cut the guy they just drafted in the 3rd round.

But, they will get all kinds of heat if they cut a second-year player they drafted in the 4th round just one year ago. Especially when that player is showing potential.

So, keep 4 QBs, which hurts your overall depth. OR, ask yourself this question: If BR goes down, is Landry Jones capable of going off like Nick Foles and winning the Super Bowl? If that answer is no (and it is BTW), then you keep BR and the two young guns, cut Jones, and pray for an injury free season for BR.

I think they also keep 4 QBs. Dobbs is far too talented to think you can stash on your practice squad. They can't cut Rudolph because they just drafted him. They would look like idiots if they did that. Landry Jones is a veteran who has played a couple of regular season games so knowing how conservative NFL teams are, its unlikely given Big Ben's injury history that the Steelers would go into the season with 2 guys at backup QB that have never played in a regular season NFL game.

So you're right. They will be forced to keep 4 QBs as long as Dobbs looks like he did last night. Which is a guy oozing with talent.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
While it is awesome to see these former Tennessee players doing great, it is kind of depressing to think of all that talent that was squandered under Lyle's regime.
The man even knew how to evaluate talent, he just couldn't develop them. IDK?!?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dobbs 4 Heisman

VN Store

Back