Cam Robinson/Hootie Jones arrested for Bama

The district attorney in Monroe, La., decided not to pursue prosecution of Cam Robinson and Hootie Jones, AL.com confirmed.

The district attorney did not find sufficiant evidence to prosectute, according to the county clerk's office. A local television reporter tweeted the documents related to the case.

How is having a gun that doesn't belong to you, while also possessing narcotics, not seen as sufficient evidence? Oh well, almost everyone saw this coming.

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe this is a good thing. This kind of disregard to an issue might pull the spotlight off of Tennessee if only for a moment.

Then again The Tennessean will say Alabama called and ask us what to do...

Rape is different than illegal gun posession.

With rape you violate another persons individual liberty.

Illegal gun possession hurts no one.

Except the guy he stole the gun from.

And let's be clear, I'm trolling you, and am in no way seriously comparing theft to rape.

So theft etc.., is no longer illegal as long as no one is physically harmed?
Cool, someone should steal your right to post :)

Reactions: 9 people
Funny thing to me is, everybody is touting Robinson as pretty much a sure-fire top ten pick and potentially the top tackle, but I can't understand why. Barnett and Vareen at his lunch all afternoon last year.

Your statement just sounded very similar the the statement that guys dad made.

I also thought most states take gun crimes pretty seriously now.

From the DA

“I want to emphasize once again that the main reason I’m doing this is that I refuse to ruin the lives of two young men who have spent their adolescence and teenage years, working and sweating, while we were all in the air conditioning.”

From the DA

“I want to emphasize once again that the main reason I’m doing this is that I refuse to ruin the lives of two young men who have spent their adolescence and teenage years, working and sweating, while we were all in the air conditioning.”

what? so anyone that works and sweats should never be prosecuted for breaking the law?

From the DA

I don't know all the details of the case, but these comments are absolutely disgusting. I know care if Jalen Hurd was the subject, this is ridiculous.

Reactions: 1 person

Yea, until that illegal gun goes off pointed at someone. You think he had a gun just to look at it? Guns and narcotics in the same vehicle....sounds like a few individuals who just made a childish mistake right? I could understand public intoxication or having drugs....they are college kids and that would be the type of mistake one would expect. Guns and drugs together points towards more than just a stupid mistake. If they didn't play football they would serve time without much thought on anyone's part.

Yea, until that illegal gun goes off pointed at someone. You think he had a gun just to look at it? Guns and narcotics in the same vehicle....sounds like a few individuals who just made a childish mistake right? I could understand public intoxication or having drugs....they are college kids and that would be the type of mistake one would expect. Guns and drugs together points towards more than just a stupid mistake. If they didn't play football they would serve time without much thought on anyone's part.

This, a gun is a tool to either A. Intimidate B. Take a life

From the DA

was this supposed to be written in blue font?

VN Store

Back