Cam Robinson/Hootie Jones arrested for Bama

Possession of stolen firearms? Robinson is done. Idiot just threw away tens of millions of dollars.

Robinson just went from being a top ten NFL draft pick to possibly facing jailtime and losing his entire career. What an idiot.

Reactions: 2 people
I doubt much will come of this. Very seriously doubt he sees prison time for this. If he was in Alabams, I could almost promise it. Since it is LA, he just better hope the judge isn't a LSU fan.

Reactions: 1 person
Amazing to watch some just throw everything away. If it's that dangerous at home just stay on campus. You have everything provided for you

I doubt much will come of this. Very seriously doubt he sees prison time for this. If he was in Alabams, I could almost promise it. Since it is LA, he just better hope the judge isn't a LSU fan.

Possession of a stolen firearm is not a charge that just goes away. He won't play this season unless someone falls on the sword for him

Reactions: 2 people
It sounds as if the possession of a stolen weapon is related to the gun under Cam’s seat. If he can’t prove he purchased it without knowing it was stolen or he didn’t own it he is in for a very difficult journey ahead.

Also since this happened in Louisiana, the wheels of justice may be very deliberate in moving this through the process as compared to what may have occurred in Alabama courts.

It sounds as if the possession of a stolen weapon is related to the gun under Cam’s seat. If he can’t prove he purchased it without knowing it was stolen or he didn’t own it he is in for a very difficult journey ahead.

Also since this happened in Louisiana, the wheels of justice may be very deliberate in moving this through the process as compared to what may have occurred in Alabama courts.

Ouachita Parish DA office probably full of LSU fans. Decent chance Cam has played his last down at bamer..

Cam is definitely done. I'm willing to bet Hootie is let go as well. If it was just drugs, no. But stolen firearms are a huge deal and he's not getting out of that.

Possession of a stolen firearm is not a charge that just goes away. He won't play this season unless someone falls on the sword for him

Yep. If he can't plead down to a misdemeanor, then he's looking at a 1 year minimum sentence, even on a first offense.

It's a felony. Regardless of who is whose favorite team, they will appear before a district judge.

Robinson is the one charged with possession of a stolen gun.

No way he stays on the team.

Louisiana law requires the offender to have known or have reasonable reason to suspect the firearm was stolen. State will have to prove this. How do you prove he knew? Almost impossible to prove unless someone rats him out. If they prove it, a min one year for poss of stolen gun. Think it gets reduced.

I agree on the second part.

Here is what I don't get, why risk it? Cam knows where his future is, you are going to risk all of that just to look cool or 'bad'? Not worth it, bro. Reminds me of Adarius Bowman, projected late 1st round pick, a few WEEKS before the draft gets nailed for felony possession of drugs with intent to distribute. Goes undrafted.

charges of illegal weapon and drug possession. Also a felony charge of possession of a stolen weapon. I'm sure Alabama's crack attorneys are already on the case.

Reactions: 3 people
Merging because the of the first thread's excellent title. I hope this thread lives forever.

Bammers keeping this thread alive one arrest at a time.

Edit: death by merging. RIP, excellently titled thread.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back