Cam Robinson/Hootie Jones arrested for Bama

Did the player in question cop a plea to what, in that case, would have been a federal charge?

I can't recall. I believe so though because he admitted possession of the firearm that had a serial number removed from it. I beleive he did this because otherwise everyone in the car would have been removed from the program.

What seems to be a common theme here is that these athletes were in possession of a firearm illegally while intoxicated, very similar to what happened to the athletes I had mentioned. Instead of being charged, they were let go for bogus reasons, apparently because there was not probable cause. This is ridiculous, given that the officer smelled MJ l, which many feel is probable cause to search. I might be ignorant for thinking this would land anyone else in jail that doesn't play football at Alabama, but that's just me.

I went to school in Tennessee from K thru college. I'm good.

I love how the number of people in the car suddenly became "irrelevant." When trying to determine possession, failing to mention half of the possible suspects seems pretty "relevant."

Possession. Do you actually think for 1 second one of the "other" suspects put the gun in ole bama boys lap and he just went with it?

Possession. Do you actually think for 1 second one of the "other" suspects put the gun in ole bama boys lap and he just went with it?

That particular gun legally belonged to Jones, and he put it on his lap so that the cop would be aware of it and it would be in plain view.

I went to school in Tennessee from K thru college. I'm good.

I love how the number of people in the car suddenly became "irrelevant." When trying to determine possession, failing to mention half of the possible suspects seems pretty "relevant."

So that was an admission that TN schools are superior to Alabubba schools? I'll take the win there hahaha.

It was always irrelevant. The other two were not charged. The reason Hootie and Cam were charged is because they were the ones with guns. Hooties gun was in his lap...I think it is pretty clear who it belonged to in that situation. Cam's was under his seat, which would likely either be his or the drivers. That's where the investigation comes in, which none of us know what that said. The other two could have possibly been charged with a drug related misdemeanor. To drop the charges between the two since no one admitted to owning the gun defies logic, even your "entry-level" variety. If that was the case, most criminals would walk because the majority proclaim their innocence and very few actually claim possession of an illegal item. Hootie and Cam had potential felonies. In Cam's case, a felony with a minimum 5 year sentence. I'm not sure how I can make this anymore clear.

You're aware of the differences between a Title IX case and a criminal case, right?

I'm well aware of righteous indignation as it pertains to the point spread. The rooting interest is the same means to the end.

Given your insistent to know what you know, I thought we could talk a little about our selfish nature. You know the real reason for the season.

I can't recall. I believe so though because he admitted possession of the firearm that had a serial number removed from it. I beleive he did this because otherwise everyone in the car would have been removed from the program.

What seems to be a common theme here is that these athletes were in possession of a firearm illegally while intoxicated, very similar to what happened to the athletes I had mentioned. Instead of being charged, they were let go for bogus reasons, apparently because there was not probable cause. This is ridiculous, given that the officer smelled MJ l, which many feel is probable cause to search. I might be ignorant for thinking this would land anyone else in jail that doesn't play football at Alabama, but that's just me.

The guys in the car claimed his probable cause was the gun on Jones' lap. What the cop claimed afterward is that he smelled weed and saw the bag on the floorboard. There is apparently some dispute as to whether he actually smelled or saw anything before conducting his search. If Jones' gun was his probable cause, then that's simply not good enough.

So that was an admission that TN schools are superior to Alabubba schools? I'll take the win there hahaha.

It was always irrelevant. The other two were not charged. The reason Hootie and Cam were charged is because they were the ones with guns. Hooties gun was in his lap...I think it is pretty clear who it belonged to in that situation. Cam's was under his seat, which would likely either be his or the drivers. That's where the investigation comes in, which none of us know what that said. The other two could have possibly been charged with a drug related misdemeanor. To drop the charges between the two since no one admitted to owning the gun defies logic, even your "entry-level" variety. If that was the case, most criminals would walk because the majority proclaim their innocence and very few actually claim possession of an illegal item. Hootie and Cam had potential felonies. In Cam's case, a felony with a minimum 5 year sentence. I'm not sure how I can make this anymore clear.

They didn't drop the charges because they couldn't get someone to take ownership of the gun and pot. They dropped the charges because it was becoming clear that the fruits of the search wouldn't hold up in court.

The guys in the car claimed his probable cause was the gun on Jones' lap. What the cop claimed afterward is that he smelled weed and saw the bag on the floorboard. There is apparently some dispute as to whether he actually smelled or saw anything before conducting his search. If Jones' gun was his probable cause, then that's simply not good enough.

So the DA said there was only a gram. No one knew whose it was or where it came from. But there is a charge for possession of a stolen firearm, a felony, and a charge for possession of firearm while in possession of narcotics. So even if the firearm is stolen, it is not grounds for prosecution in Louisiana if it is sitting in your lap. Makes perfect sense to me. I would think that having a firearm at all is probable cause, especially if it is stolen. Drugs were present, but that is not enough evidence either, given the amount that was found. But since there was no probable cause, the cops wouldn't be able to look for more firearms nor more drugs, even though both were found present.

I'm well aware of righteous indignation as it pertains to the point spread. The rooting interest is the same means to the end.

Given your insistent to know what you know, I thought we could talk a little about our selfish nature. You know the real reason for the season.

I've got news for you, I support the investigation if the allegations hold water. If the investigation finds we broke the rules, we deserve the punishment. A Title IX investigation is pretty common for many major universities. When speaking about criminal charges... Well, for instance, I was a huge AJ Johnson fan, but you can "check my stats", if you are so inclined, as I'm sure you will read in some post of mine that if he did, indeed, rape that woman, he deserves to go to jail regardless of whatever team he played for. I'm a true fan to my team, but I respect the law and I do not condone our players getting away with anything unless that facts do not support the allegations. I'd rather have guys playing for my Vols that do it the right way, that have character, that can be role models for all of the children who look up to them.

Reactions: 1 person

The guys in the car? You are relying on information relating to probable cause with a perp as your source? :crazy: Wow...just wow. The smell of the MJ was the probable cause.

So the DA said there was only a gram. No one knew whose it was or where it came from. But there is a charge for possession of a stolen firearm, a felony, and a charge for possession of firearm while in possession of narcotics. So even if the firearm is stolen, it is not grounds for prosecution in Louisiana if it is sitting in your lap. Makes perfect sense to me. I would think that having a firearm at all is probable cause, especially if it is stolen. Drugs were present, but that is not enough evidence either, given the amount that was found. But since there was no probable cause, the cops wouldn't be able to look for more firearms nor more drugs, even though both were found present.

The stolen firearm was beneath the seat... The one in Hooties lap was lawfully possessed...except for the possession of drugs, which classifies as a felony under Louisiana law. Its the totality of the facts and circumstances in this scenario that led to the arrests. Probably cause = smell of MJ. Would all officers arrest for this? No, there is discretion. When the smell of MJ is coupled with the firearm, then an arrest would be made because discretion goes out the window for felony charges. Upon search, the stolen gun was found underneath Cam's seat.

Which resulted in the charges:

Cam - possession of a stolen firearm; possession of drugs; possession of a firearm with drugs.

Hootie - possession of drugs; possession of a firearm with drugs.

The guys in the car? You are relying on information relating to probable cause with a perp as your source? :crazy: Wow...just wow. The smell of the MJ was the probable cause.

The stolen firearm was beneath the seat... The one in Hooties lap was lawfully possessed...except for the possession of drugs, which classifies as a felony under Louisiana law. Its the totality of the facts and circumstances in this scenario that led to the arrests. Probably cause = smell of MJ. Would all officers arrest for this? No, there is discretion. When the smell of MJ is coupled with the firearm, then an arrest would be made because discretion goes out the window for felony charges. Upon search, the stolen gun was found underneath Cam's seat.

Which resulted in the charges:

Cam - possession of a stolen firearm; possession of drugs; possession of a firearm with drugs.

Hootie - possession of drugs; possession of a firearm with drugs.

Yet the charges were dropped because the DA said probable cause was in question. Bull spit.

Reactions: 1 person
The drugs don't matter if they were found without probable cause to search. No weed, no crime. Boom.

Right...well, you simply just don't understand the law. Thats ok, I don't know how much to expect from a bamawriter. Clearly I was giving you more credit than I should in grasping the "entry-level" legal principles. The smell of the MJ was probable cause. The smell of MJ will be probable cause for a search anytime an officer comes up to a vehicle and gets a whiff. If you want to test the theory, go light up in your car and waive a cop down. My money is on you being searched, with or without consent, every single time.

Right...well, you simply just don't understand the law. Thats ok, I don't know how much to expect from a bamawriter. Clearly I was giving you more credit than I should in grasping the "entry-level" legal principles. The smell of the MJ was probable cause. The smell of MJ will be probable cause for a search anytime an officer comes up to a vehicle and gets a whiff. If you want to test the theory, go light up in your car and waive a cop down. My money is on you being searched, with or without consent, every single time.

Especially with a fricken GUN in your lap. Legal or not.

I've got news for you, I support the investigation if the allegations hold water. If the investigation finds we broke the rules, we deserve the punishment. A Title IX investigation is pretty common for many major universities. When speaking about criminal charges... Well, for instance, I was a huge AJ Johnson fan, but you can "check my stats", if you are so inclined, as I'm sure you will read in some post of mine that if he did, indeed, rape that woman, he deserves to go to jail regardless of whatever team he played for. I'm a true fan to my team, but I respect the law and I do not condone our players getting away with anything unless that facts do not support the allegations. I'd rather have guys playing for my Vols that do it the right way, that have character, that can be role models for all of the children who look up to them.

You said IF the allegations hold water. Who gets to determine that for you?

The actual verdict, or how you emotionally feel about the actual verdict?

You said IF the allegations hold water. Who gets to determine that for you?

The actual verdict, or how you emotionally feel about the actual verdict?

The actual verdict supported by the facts. No witch hunts; more like, do the crime, do the time. I think it goes without saying that I would be incredibly disappointed for a ruling against us. But like I said before, I would rather us do things the right way than have our players committing crimes and having the charges dropped based on, what appears to me as (i.e., in my opinion), pressure from an outside source. Who knows, maybe that stolen gun was dropped under Cam's seat by the tooth fairy...shes getting sneakier and sneakier and significantly wealthier than when I was a kid too. Maybe the cops were racists and planted evidence. Maybe there are a slew of other circumstances, no matter how plausible, that would explain why 4 individuals were sitting in a parked car in a closed park with drugs and weapons. I'm sure they are all model citizens otherwise.

Yet the charges were dropped because the DA said probable cause was in question. Bull spit.

But probable cause was in question.

As in, the DA said "it's not PROBABLE that I'm gonna prosecute these fellas, CAUSE someone's putting about $60,000 in my bank account over the next few months."

In AlabamaWorld, everyone goes home happy.

But probable cause was in question.

As in, the DA said "it's not PROBABLE that I'm gonna prosecute these fellas, CAUSE someone's putting about $60,000 in my bank account over the next few months."

In AlabamaWorld, everyone goes home happy.

This is a story I could believe.

The gun in Jones' lap was not the stolen gun. You are getting that confused.

A noticeable smell from half a gram in a bag?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back