Calling out China

Sadly, we're about 20 years too late.
And some want to set us back even further. This is the right president at the right time.

Or we can talk about systemic racism and electing a man that has been neck deep in the creation thereof for the last 50 years as being a better choice.

Sanctions on China?
Stop allowing American companies to set up shop in a country that sees us as their number 1 enemy and plans to wage war against us.
Trump will never disallow companies to set-up shop in China. Profits would drop.....stock values go down....

that being said, I agree on sanctions and I agree on limited investment

It's hard to take the high road with china now when Nixon and Kissinger basically enabled it 50 years ago. Better to stick with that plan a little longer and see if the emerging middle class can bring the regime around to a more western style of governance, not that we shouldn't take some practical measures to protect our economy, too.

It's hard to take the high road with china now when Nixon and Kissinger basically enabled it 50 years ago. Better to stick with that plan a little longer and see if the emerging middle class can bring the regime around to a more western style of governance, not that we shouldn't take some practical measures to protect our economy, too.
It won’t happen without a revolution. That communist regime just keeps growing stronger.

It won’t happen without a revolution. That communist regime just keeps growing stronger.

I think they’re growing more desperate rather than stronger. They’re feeding their citizens propaganda that the world is being more hostile to them. It’s going to be volatile. If the free world continues to trade and enable their economy they will become a growing threat to freedom. It’s time to put their economy on blast.

Reactions: AM64
I think they’re growing more desperate rather than stronger. They’re feeding their citizens propaganda that the world is being more hostile to them. It’s going to be volatile. If the free world continues to trade and enable their economy they will become a growing threat to freedom. It’s time to put their economy on blast.
Is your portfolio China free? Do you own stocks from companies that deal with China?

I think they’re doing that because they’re prepping for war. It’s been their stated goal for a long time.

Reactions: AM64
Is your portfolio China free? Do you own stocks from companies that deal with China?

Nobody has a China free portfolio. Why do you ask?

The problem is the short term and selfish viewpoints. Legislators should create incentives to help US companies walk away from China (instead of benefiting from family members striking lucrative deals).

What regulations do you have in mind?
When the tariffs hurt AAPLs bottom line enough that people stop buying their product, they will move out. They will move to other sweatshop countries, but it won't be in China. That's the end game of tariffs. What Mr Trump needs to do is make that obvious, but he couldn't. Maybe now he can.

Triple the tariffs. Make it hurt the American consumer and they will stop buying Chinese made crap that they don't need anyway. I'd rather support Filipino or Indian sweatshops.

Reactions: AM64 and davethevol

Nobody has a China free portfolio. Why do you ask?

The problem is the short term and selfish viewpoints. Legislators should create incentives to help US companies walk away from China (instead of benefiting from family members striking lucrative deals).

Create incentives.

tenor.gif

Create incentives.

tenor.gif

Or do as somebody posted above. Increase the Chinese tariffs so much that it’s not economically feasible to manufacture there. Big tech and big pharma won’t pull out as long as there is a strong financial incentive to take advantage of their unethical labor and environmental rules.

VN Store

Back