caitlin clark 40 pts back to back games played of the year no if and buts about it

cc blow by those south caroline players for lay ups. refs get their big girls on bench with fouls starter and backup with some fouls never called on gamecocks . no problem caitlin got her done!!! gamecocks could not kept the ball out supergirls hands.
The women's game has never seen anything like Caitlin Clark. She can score from anywhere, and her ball handling and court vision are extraordinary. I thoroughly enjoyed watching that.

She is the real deal. I enjoyed that show greatly. She is like a quicker, faster Larry Bird complete with all the little swag.

Definite POY per my vote.

Down goes Dawn.

With our super-sized NIL budget, hearing Boston is joining the Lady Vols next season to work on her Master's degree. And, she is bringing Cardoso with her.

With our super-sized NIL budget, hearing Boston is joining the Lady Vols next season to work on her Master's degree. And, she is bringing Cardoso with her.
LOL, we'll play triple towers, Boston, Kamilla (who IMO is a better player than Boston at this point) and Key. Add a PG and Rickea, and we're the total bomb!

LOL, we'll play triple towers, Boston, Kamilla (who IMO is a better player than Boston at this point) and Key. Add a PG and Rickea, and we're the total bomb!

Cardoso - - A big part of the SC loss. Her defense under the basket is very poor. I can't tell if she is slow or just doesn't try for fear of a foul. But CC was able to just run by her all game long for layups. As could anyone CC set up for a layup.

Cardoso - - A big part of the SC loss. Her defense under the basket is very poor. I can't tell if she is slow or just doesn't try for fear of a foul. But CC was able to just run by her all game long for layups. As could anyone CC set up for a layup.
Actually, Clark blamed Dawn, not Kamilla for the rim runs. Said during an ingame interview that SC letting their bigs get pulled out from under the rim is what allowed all the layups. Mentioned that SC never adjusted to that.

Also, failure to adjust to oldest play in the book, the pick and roll really hurt SC.

We let our bigs get pulled out from the paint as well and I'll never understand why....It's dumb. SC has a 6'7" center
and yet Clark must have driven to the basket for layups at least 10 times. It's how you lose...
Hope we don't repeat that with Key the shot blocker extraordinare this year.

We all knew, or suspected, Dawn was not the best in game adjuster. But the amount that got exposed last night was shocking.

Dawn had such great respect for Pat, which I appreciate, but she's almost stuck in Pat's game. Which was great at the time, but is passe now. Defense, putbacks, and sheer size and physicality still wins most of the time, but not all the time, esp against very elite players and coaching. Will be interesting to see how/if Dawn adjusts. She needs consistent 3 pt shooters.

Last edited:
Actually, Clark blamed Dawn, not Kamilla for the rim runs. Said during an ingame interview that SC letting their bigs get pulled out from under the rim is what allowed all the layups. Mentioned that SC never adjusted to that.

Also, failure to adjust to oldest play in the book, the pick and roll really hurt SC.

Watched the game to and Iowa did the pick and roll to perfection over and over and yes SC never adjusted. Clark had the option to pass it to the big for a layup of drive it but to her credit she chose to pass it every time an still got her 40. She is a special player. The NCG should be a good watch, Clark and Mulkey's outfit.

Maybe the Memphis punch on the BGSU player after the game forced the NCAA refs to use their whistles for more than getting vanity shots on ESPN. I have got to say the SC vs Iowa game was the best game I have watched in the tourny.
unconn got beat because called fouls they must time do not call. south caroline got ? and one's while iowa get slap and bump and knot on floor refs would not call it. refs took iowa center and backup off floor ?calls if the same refs ref ohio state vs unconn this game iowa wins 10 plus easy. most head coaches would sit caitlin after refs giving 2 fouls which i ? caitlin comited two fouls and south caroline would built lead but caitlin and her head coach would not go along with the plan.

Biggest thing I've noticed about SC in my limited views, they look really slow. I caught part of the game last night and the speed Iowa played with had them beating SC down the floor on most possessions. Boston would be a good addition to the Lady Vols lineup. Her size makes it nearly impossible to keep her from scoring when she gets the ball down low.

Maybe the Memphis punch on the BGSU player after the game forced the NCAA refs to use their whistles for more than getting vanity shots on ESPN. I have got to say the SC vs Iowa game was the best game I have watched in the tourny.
maybe more coaches sould complain like south caroline did about fouls need to even up . most would have case if playing unconn and south caroline . in case you miss it end of 3 quarter south caroline coach said fouls need to even up to espn reporter. if unconn and south caroline can cry me river when refs can not help them win with ? calls on other team and no calls on theirs then all the other coaches should start telling refs favor unconn and south caroline. yes theres been more push matches because refs leting one get away with things while they can not.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

Yes. That was not Dawn's best coaching performance last night.

It was one thing to let Iowa get off to the lead. However, Dawn failed her girls miserably with the inability or unwillingness to adjust to Iowa's game plan.

That was just good ole high school farm girl ball, executed at an extremely high level.

If you want to see the same plays being run, watch the movie Hoosiers. The Iowa girls were running the ole picket fence.

unconn got beat because called fouls they must time do not call. south caroline got ? and one's while iowa get slap and bump and knot on floor refs would not call it. refs took iowa center and backup off floor ?calls if the same refs ref ohio state vs unconn this game iowa wins 10 plus easy. most head coaches would sit caitlin after refs giving 2 fouls which i ? caitlin comited two fouls and south caroline would built lead but caitlin and her head coach would not go along with the plan.

the Iowa coach was brilliant last night.

With that said, my hunch is that Kimmy will drill her by 20 points. Iowa playing old school ball.

I was impressed how fundamentally sound both teams were. There were missed layups and turnovers but overall a well played game. Clark remained emotionless the entire game and maintained a sense of calm. Rarely did she complain to the refs and kept involving her teammates. Hopefully they take it a Sunday night.

the Iowa coach was brilliant last night.

With that said, my hunch is that Kimmy will drill her by 20 points. Iowa playing old school ball.
Not sure I'd call Iowa's game old school. If so, take me back to the old school full of movement, crisp passes, and situational awareness. Most of all, execution. Rarely have I seen a team execute a game plan so well for so much of the game. Or an opposing coach so unable to adjust to it.

That's why I actually see Iowa doing the drilling. Kim might respond better, but she doesn't have the overall talent Dawn did. Bet Angel gets in foul trouble early, or else they'll have to give up the rim like SC did.

IMO it's Dawn who's old school. Said in another thread, she's almost too much Pat. Size, defense, rebounding and putbacks. If any other offense happens, so be it, but not a priority. That's getting tired.

Rarely did she complain to the refs and kept involving her teammates. Hopefully they take it a Sunday night.
Emm, Clark's no angel, pun intended. She beefs the refs all the time. She can be spicey. Did you see her flick her wrist dismissively at Raven Johnson while playing 10 ft away from her, daring her to shoot? They showed it on replay. She's not super loud and comically exaggerated like Angel, but Clark gets plenty in. And backs up every word.

She does involve her teammates very well. And all credit to Lisa B for figuring out how to overcome Maravich Syndrome and so effectively use "everyone else.". Great as Clark is, I don't think she's here without a very good team around her.

Yes. That was not Dawn's best coaching performance last night.

It was one thing to let Iowa get off to the lead. However, Dawn failed her girls miserably with the inability or unwillingness to adjust to Iowa's game plan.

That was just good ole high school farm girl ball, executed at an extremely high level.

If you want to see the same plays being run, watch the movie Hoosiers. The Iowa girls were running the ole picket fence.
dawn said they planed to trap off ball screan but iowa did not ball screan. iowa out coach and out played sc and caitlin played most of the second quarter with 2 fouls. one hell of smart player

Emm, Clark's no angel, pun intended. She beefs the refs all the time. She can be spicey. Did you see her flick her wrist dismissively at Raven Johnson while playing 10 ft away from her, daring her to shoot? They showed it on replay. She's not super loud and comically exaggerated like Angel, but Clark gets plenty in. And backs up every word.

She does involve her teammates very well. And all credit to Lisa B for figuring out how to overcome Maravich Syndrome and so effectively use "everyone else.". Great as Clark is, I don't think she's here without a very good team around her.

Yes, she has great teammates. They were not scared.

But, USCjr had such a huge advantage in both height and athleticism. So, will LSU.

I can't see a bunch of farm girls, or boys, winning a NCAA championship in basketball. But, we will see.

Not sure I'd call Iowa's game old school. If so, take me back to the old school full of movement, crisp passes, and situational awareness. Most of all, execution. Rarely have I seen a team execute a game plan so well for so much of the game. Or an opposing coach so unable to adjust to it.

That's why I actually see Iowa doing the drilling. Kim might respond better, but she doesn't have the overall talent Dawn did. Bet Angel gets in foul trouble early, or else they'll have to give up the rim like SC did.

IMO it's Dawn who's old school. Said in another thread, she's almost too much Pat. Size, defense, rebounding and putbacks. If any other offense happens, so be it, but not a priority. That's getting tired.
did you notice iowa fans holding up two more years. ? with the contact caitlin gets do not know if she takes covid year . beat lsu more eyes on iowa refs with have call more fouls other teams.

dawn said they planed to trap off ball screan but iowa did not ball screan. iowa out coach and out played sc and caitlin played most of the second quarter with 2 fouls. one hell of smart player

Yes, their entire team plays really smart. That intelligent sagging on the defense end made it almost look like they were playing a triangle and two defense.

But, they were really daring USCjr to beat them with their outside shooting. When it came around to crunch time, Dawn overstressed her shooters and they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

did you notice iowa fans holding up two more years. ? with the contact caitlin gets do not know if she takes covid year . beat lsu more eyes on iowa refs with have call more fouls other teams.

I say we offer Caitlin $1m/two years in NIL funds and make her say no.

Yes, she has great teammates. They were not scared.

But, USCjr had such a huge advantage in both height and athleticism. So, will LSU.

I can't see a bunch of farm girls, or boys, winning a NCAA championship in basketball. But, we will see.
speaking of farm girls caitlin arms are small little more muscle would not hurt.

VN Store

Back