Cade Mays WNML Comment

Instead of sitting a year, they should allow in league transfers to play immediately, but they lose one year of eligibility.

If only 1 year left of eligibility left, not allowed to transfer/play.

Or quit treating the players like property and let them play wherever they prefer. Hammer any schools that attempt to recruit players from other schools but if a kid isn’t happy somewhere why should they be penalized for seeking a better situation? Run a good program and treat your players right and you won’t have to worry about them leaving

Doing the above would benefit the younger players, who might have gotten screwed in the recruiting process.
Would also limit the older, more seasoned players from transferring later in their college career.
Would make top heavy roster turnover harder for coaches trying to clear room for younger players.
I don’t know, something to debate about!

The sit out one year for intra conference transfers rule should apply to coaches and admin also, things would change.

Right. Coaches are committing to a school and a culture and not a paycheck.

Rules for transfer should follow exactly the rules for coaches. New staff comes in with a new system and the players have to honor their commitment when the coaches are changing the scheme? Scholarships are one year contracts that are renewable......or not. At the end of any year, if it doesn't work out, then transfer. Regular students transfer all the time.

News flash, SEC approves one-time transfer rule for all teams. Exceptions: Alabama players can only transfer to NAIA schools and no one can transfer to Tennessee.

Right. Coaches are committing to a school and a culture and not a paycheck.

Rules for transfer should follow exactly the rules for coaches. New staff comes in with a new system and the players have to honor their commitment when the coaches are changing the scheme? Scholarships are one year contracts that are renewable......or not. At the end of any year, if it doesn't work out, then transfer. Regular students transfer all the time.
I agree with you but have this fear that what will end up happening is schools like Vandy end up as minor-league teams for other SEC schools, or everyone ends up as a minor-league team for the SEC's favorites. I don't like that at all.

The 28th has come and gone. I have not heard anything that indicates that the vote occurred yesterday. However, it is possible that they are still counting the votes and we may hear something in the next 3-4 days.
Might be the mail in ballots slowing things down

Reactions: UTfan94
A few possibilities there:

(a) They did vote yesterday, and just haven't announced the outcome yet. If the vote failed, I can't imagine why they'd wait. But if the vote passed, I could absolutely see them passing the results to the SEC front office with the directive to "amend the rules and announce when ready." Which means the rule-managing technicians of the SEC front office are feverishly wordsmithing to get the new rule just right today, and will announce when they've got a finished product. That could take a few days, even.

(b) They didn't vote yesterday for whatever reason, but are voting today.

(c) They voted yesterday, and approved it, but got ticked off at Stoops and Kiffin for stealing their thunder so decided to wait a day to announce, just out of spite. This one sounds far-fetched, but bureaucrats can be petty. Remember Nebraska's president caught on a live mic semi-announcing a couple of weeks ago that B10 football is back and "will be announced tonight," then the announcement didn't come until the following day? That was the B10's bureaucrats being petty to spite Nebraska for stealing their thunder. Same could be happening here.

I would think (a) or (b) is more likely than (c), but who knows. We'll know when we know.

Go Vols!

I'll go with Kiffen stealing their Milk Money

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
I say let a kid transfer if one of their 3 primary coaches change; HC, coordinator, or position coach. Cade is leaving b/c his coach made an “intra conference” move to Arkansas.
I've always felt that Cade chose UGA simply because of Pittman and the training he'd get by playing under him. Plausible enough to warrant a transfer, imo. I'm still opposed to simply transferring because a player isn't getting playing time. There needs to be a solid rule governing this or it's gonna be a spectacle. I think maybe one transfer per player one time and the lone exception being if immediate family member gets seriously ill .

Reactions: 08Vol

VN Store

Back