Cade Mays WNML Comment

VFLCodyGBO

WGWTFA
Heard as I was leaving the car to walk in to the office, Tyler said something to the effect of “will Cade Mays be cleared to play by days end?” just before cutting to commercial.

Is anyone aware of something occurring today that would enable that to happen, or was that just a hook?

Reactions: Volanta
Heard as I was leaving the car to walk in to the office, Tyler said something to the effect of “will Cade Mays be cleared to play by days end?” just before cutting to commercial.

Is anyone aware of something occurring today that would enable that to happen, or was that just a hook?
There's been rumors circulating that the SEC supposedly was having a vote yesterday. Mark Stoops tweeted something about. I don't know the details, hopefully someone that knows more can fill you in.

Word is, the SEC presidents/chancellors are voting today (they were originally rumoured to be voting yesterday) on a new rule that would allow one-time transfers between SEC schools without the player having to sit out a year.

If they vote in favor, and if they choose to apply the new rule immediately, that would clear Mays (and others) to play this season.

It all seems to have started last week with Sankey's comment along the lines of, "I don't know why SEC schools keep asking for waivers to a rule they established; they could just change the rule instead.." So...looks like several of them decided he's right, and they will. Or at least are giving it the good old college try.

Word is, the SEC presidents/chancellors are voting today (they were originally rumoured to be voting yesterday) on a new rule that would allow one-time transfers between SEC schools without the player having to sit out a year.

If they vote in favor, and if they choose to apply the new rule immediately, that would clear Mays (and others) to play this season.

It all seems to have started last week with Sankey's comment along the lines of, "I don't know why SEC schools keep asking for waivers to a rule they established; they could just change the rule instead.." So...looks like several of them decided he's right, and they will. Or at least are giving it the good old college try.

Why can't these major issues be settled before the season starts? Makes no sense!

Why can't these major issues be settled before the season starts? Makes no sense!
In this case, it honestly seems like nobody thought of it.

Several schools had waiver requests submitted, but each was just kind of minding their own business, concerned with their own request. Then Sankey said that, and they were like, "Oh wow, he's right, there does seem to be widespread support for this. Let's give it a shot."

Absolutely no basis for that interpretation, other than the timing entirely fits and it makes sense.

Well, and the one time transfer rule was set to be accepted this off season and then wasnt. This is more the SEC taking things into their own hands and controlling what they can control. I hope it turns out the way it should.

I saw the Stoops quote, but when the reporter asked CJP about it in his presser, he said he had not heard anything about it and didn't know what they were talking about. I haven't seen the vote reported anywhere except reporters quoting Stoops. I really hope it's real, but I'm skeptical until it happens.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP and 08Vol
I saw the Stoops quote, but when the reporter asked CJP about it in his presser, he said he had not heard anything about it and didn't know what they were talking about. I haven't seen the vote reported anywhere except reporters quoting Stoops. I really hope it's real, but I'm skeptical until it happens.
Someone said Kiffin mentioned the upcoming vote, too.

Here, just found a write-up on Kiffin's comment: Lane Kiffin: SEC Voting Today on Intra-Conference Transfer Rule

So, Kentucky and Ole Miss coaches seem to be the two sources of the rumor yesterday.

Someone said Kiffin mentioned the upcoming vote, too.

Here, just found a write-up on Kiffin's comment: Lane Kiffin: SEC Voting Today on Intra-Conference Transfer Rule

So, Kentucky and Ole Miss coaches seem to be the two sources of the rumor yesterday.
The 28th has come and gone. I have not heard anything that indicates that the vote occurred yesterday. However, it is possible that they are still counting the votes and we may hear something in the next 3-4 days.

The 28th has come and gone. I have not heard anything that indicates that the vote occurred yesterday. However, it is possible that they are still counting the votes and we may hear something in the next 3-4 days.
A few possibilities there:

(a) They did vote yesterday, and just haven't announced the outcome yet. If the vote failed, I can't imagine why they'd wait. But if the vote passed, I could absolutely see them passing the results to the SEC front office with the directive to "amend the rules and announce when ready." Which means the rule-managing technicians of the SEC front office are feverishly wordsmithing to get the new rule just right today, and will announce when they've got a finished product. That could take a few days, even.

(b) They didn't vote yesterday for whatever reason, but are voting today.

(c) They voted yesterday, and approved it, but got ticked off at Stoops and Kiffin for stealing their thunder so decided to wait a day to announce, just out of spite. This one sounds far-fetched, but bureaucrats can be petty. Remember Nebraska's president caught on a live mic semi-announcing a couple of weeks ago that B10 football is back and "will be announced tonight," then the announcement didn't come until the following day? That was the B10's bureaucrats being petty to spite Nebraska for stealing their thunder. Same could be happening here.

I would think (a) or (b) is more likely than (c), but who knows. We'll know when we know.

Go Vols!

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
With the SEC office being in Birmingham, you may be correct that it takes 4 days to count to 14.

Case Mays, is that a new knife for sale up at the Smokey Mountain Knife Works?

This reminds me that one of these days, I am going to just get up early, leave the wife at home, stop at Cracker Barrel and get a Country Boy breakfast and go to Smokey Mtn. Knife works and stay all day and buy a bunch of knives that I don't even need (and then come home and hide them where my wife won't find them).

VN Store

Back