Cade Mays transfer appeal!

I don't disagree but 18 year old kids make mistakes hell 40 year old kids make mistakes. I've said things to my wife of 46 years that I regret doesn't mean I don't love her. I'm not in position to judge anyone but I do believe Cade wants to be at Tennessee.
That's a pretty good way to put it. We as fans have to realize he saw the same dysfunctional display of football under CBJ that we ourselves had to endure. Then UGA being on the rise and in his ear all along, I think it's fair to assume that he had to do what was in his best interest at the time. I'm not sure it was a mistake to be frank, but if it's called that then he's corrected it and I'm positive he wants UT to play the type of ball they did when his dad played for the Vols.

For something that happened a year or so ago? He was just sitting on that little incident for insurance if he ever needed it. Now that his son needs a bail out option on a scholarship he made the decision to accept, here comes the lawsuit. For all the talent his boys have, dad's character is severely lacking. And Pruitt will be having to put up with papa's BS for the next few years trying to tell him what to do.
There is nothing quoted that said the lawsuit was just now filed. It appears that the lawsuit has been filed for some time and UGA just leaked the info to the press in retaliation to the Mays for leaving. The dad is not just suing UGA, he is also suing the chair manufacturer. He is not leaving because of the lawsuit. To put it into a scenario that you can understand.... If Freak chopped off your finger, you would file a lawsuit against him, but you would still be on this board everyday making goofy comments. Then one day your mom comes down to the basement and says "Son, I married the plumber and we're going to be bama fans now". Lets say Freak leaked the lawsuit information and some goofball on bamaturd(or whatever their message board is) says "now we have to deal with one of those stupid Tennessee guys here". The reality is you will probably be one of the smartest guys on bamaturd but there will always going to be that one goofball on the message board with something ignorant to say. Make sense now?

In order to sue a govenment entity, like UGA, you have to provide them with ante litem notice. This lets the state know of any potential claim, without a lawsuit ever being filed.

Mays provided the ante litem notice in December 2018. Cade played for UGA throughout 2019. UGA could have resolved the claim involving the parent of their star player, but instead sat on the case for a year, hoping the statute of limitations would run out.

By the time the statute of limitations was about to be up, the Mays family had no choice but to file the lawsuit.

Any claim that the lawsuit was only filed to allow Cade to transfer with immediate eligibility is crazy. It would have had to have been a year long con, with Cade playing a full season at UGA before "springing the trap".

There is nothing quoted that said the lawsuit was just now filed. It appears that the lawsuit has been filed for some time and UGA just leaked the info to the press in retaliation to the Mays for leaving. The dad is not just suing UGA, he is also suing the chair manufacturer. He is not leaving because of the lawsuit. To put it into a scenario that you can understand.... If Freak chopped off your finger, you would file a lawsuit against him, but you would still be on this board everyday making goofy comments. Then one day your mom comes down to the basement and says "Son, I married the plumber and we're going to be bama fans now". Lets say Freak leaked the lawsuit information and some goofball on bamaturd(or whatever their message board is) says "now we have to deal with one of those stupid Tennessee guys here". The reality is you will probably be one of the smartest guys on bamaturd but there will always going to be that one goofball on the message board with something ignorant to say. Make sense now?

Yes. Quite so. Thanks for owning up to be that ignorant guy.

VN Store

Back