Cade Mays Projected First Rounder

They do know he no longer plays for UGA right. We took Trey Smith from being the #1 player in the country and projected to 1st round and all of sudden he is drafted 6th round instead. Maybe this staff can actually coach.
I feel very confident about QBs, OL, and TEs being coached up. Rest is undecided imo

Reactions: feathersax
They do know he no longer plays for UGA right. We took Trey Smith from being the #1 player in the country and projected to 1st round and all of sudden he is drafted 6th round instead. Maybe this staff can actually coach.

The blocking schemes were trash for sure, but I think it had more to do with medical's for Trey than ability. I hope he has a good long career.

Trey was projected as a top 100 prospect and inexplicably fell to the 6th round. I think teams were scared of the blood clot issues he had, even though he’s played 2 seasons in a row without any issues. He, of all people, had a legitimate reason to opt out this past year but decided to play. That should tell teams how much he cares about the game of football. The Chiefs were surprised he fell that low and basically said “If none of you are going to pick him then we will gladly take him.” I’m sure the Chiefs feel like they got the steal of the draft.

The blocking schemes were trash for sure, but I think it had more to do with medical's for Trey than ability. I hope he has a good long career.
Yeah the blood clot issue is why TS fell to the sixth round. I sure hope he has a great career and takes that league for a boatload of money!!

Trey was projected as a top 100 prospect and inexplicably fell to the 6th round. I think teams were scared of the blood clot issues he had, even though he’s played 2 seasons in a row without any issues. He, of all people, had a legitimate reason to opt out this past year but decided to play. That should tell teams how much he cares about the game of football. The Chiefs were surprised he fell that low and basically said “If none of you are going to pick him then we will gladly take him.” I’m sure the Chiefs feel like they got the steal of the draft.
Trey graded out poorly in 2020 and also was graded less by draft experts than what many UT fans thought he would be. He was not the player in 2020 that he was in 2017 & 2019. It may have been the coaching and team chemistry, who knows the reason? His blood clot issues are just part of the reason his draft stock dropped.

Reactions: coachjp6
By Yahoo Sports.

That sounds good.
These "draft projections" a year or more ahead of a draft are notoriously unreliable. Cade Mays' performance last year most definitely would NOT have had him drafted in the first round. He has another year to turn things around and perform at an elite level and become a first round draft pick. I hope he does. We need that type of excellence.

Trey graded out poorly in 2020 and also was graded less by draft experts than what many UT fans thought he would be. He was not the player in 2020 that he was in 2017 & 2019. It may have been the coaching and team chemistry, who knows the reason? His blood clot issues are just part of the reason his draft stock dropped.

I think "poorly" is an overstatement. His reputation was stronger than his game in 2020 but he showed late Day 2 tape in 2020. His biggest issues for the draft fall were the clots and the time needed to fix the technical, fundamental aspects of his game that had slipped since 2017 due to the coaching situation.

Slingblade's take: "Uhhhh....Cade often didn't dun real gud the past cupl-a-years, but looking fah-wahd, and I dunno how much you know 'bout fuh-ball, but changing out his coach from Will My Best Friend will make him dun real gud much more often I fig-ur, looking fah-wahd."

Good golly, I am so glad that moron is gone.

I must confess, I was absolutely blown away he went that late in the draft. If he stays healthy, KC got the steal of the draft. I understand that he has the health issues, but if he can play 2 full seasons of SEC ball I think he will be fine in the pros.

VN Store

Back