'24 CA WR Jordan Anderson

WR JORDAN ANDERSON, LONG BEACH, CALIF.

247Sports ranking: No. 138 overall prospect, No. 26 wide receiver

Anderson, a former teammate and current 7-on-7 teammate of five-star Tennessee quarterback commitment Nicholaus Iamaleava, traveled to Knoxville last month for a weekend visit with the Vols and received an offer from them while he was there. The 6-foot, 165-pound Anderson now holds offers from nearly 20 schools, and he's set to visit Tennessee again this weekend.

-Callahan

Anderson had a solid sophomore year, totaling 32 catches for 576 yards and nine touchdowns. He's an explosive kid who can get deep and runs well after the catch. We wanted to see him improve as a pure pass catcher and he's shown that this off-season.

Saying that, he look very good as a defensive back as well. He has a safety frame and shows some natural instincts being around the football. Most schools like him at receiver but he told us over the weekend he wouldn't mind playing both ways.

On the recruiting front, Anderson has taken a pair of visits to Tennessee and the Vols look to be in a good spot.

ā€œI love everything about Tennessee,ā€ Anderson said. ā€œI love the fan base, the coaches and the players on the team. I have a great vibe already with those guys and feel really comfortable there.

ā€œIt already feels like home for me and of course Nico (Nicholaus Iamaleava) being there is huge. Weā€™ve been best friends for a long time and have always wanted to play together in college so thatā€™s a great option for me right now.ā€

Anderson said there are several other programs heā€™s hearing from right now as well.

ā€œIā€™m hearing from Cincinnati, Michigan, Connecticut, Utah, Arizona, Arizona State, West Virginia, Penn State, Oregon and a few others,ā€ Anderson said. ā€œI know Iā€™m going to visit UConn pretty soon here and I want to take a few more trips too but donā€™t have anything set right now.

ā€œI like Oregon a lot and theyā€™re coming pretty hard. I think Utah is a great school and I like Arizona a lot too. Iā€™m just a sophomore so they canā€™t contact me right now. Iā€™m just laying low and waiting until September 1st so I can see whoā€™s really interested and then go from there.ā€
-Biggens

Top Performers from the NorCal UC Report All-American Combine

Jordan Anderson, ā€™24, WR, Long Beach Millikan (Calif.)- Anderson took more reps than any other receiver and we didnā€™t see him lose any of them. This off-season has been good for Anderson and he has made huge strides as a pass catcher. Heā€™s a polished route runner and showed explosiveness getting in and out of his breaks. He did a nice job adjusting to the football, making several tough over the shoulder grabs down the field. His confidence is at an all time high and heā€™s definitely among the top receivers in the ā€™24 class. Tennessee looks like an early leader but heā€™s planning several visits and mentioned Oregon State, UCLA and Washington as a few new schools in the mix.

VN Store

Back